[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Sknns- I've been documenting my progress/regression on dressed.so

http://dressed.so/user/view/rycepooding

RycePooding

Postby soundclip989 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 pm

I need to be looking for winter shit, cropped pants won't be so great in the freezing...
But I still want them.

soundclip989

Postby charybdis » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Just as I was learning exactly what Jil Sander is... she leaves again.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Rosenrot » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Rosenrot

Postby rjbman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Is style just completely ignorming the "fashion" community? I'm starting to get to the point where I just want to wear cool graphic tees (including branded ones for brands I support) and jeans and cool sneakers. Even if it's not super "congruous" or "fashionable". Or am I just regressing to my pre-MFA days?

On a (semi) unrelated note it annoys me that I can't just grab clothes out of my closet without thinking of how they'll look.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby teck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:01 am

Style and fashion overlap but it varies. I do think that if you are an attentive student of fashion you will be more open to ideas of what is stylish, but it's not guaranteed. Think of fashion as the official canon of clothes, but style is the extra canonical stuff -- influenced to a certain degree but not inherently intended to be in the canon. Once in awhile some non canon stuff becomes so good it gets incorporated but that's rare.

teck

Postby can- » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:44 pm

#beentrill #partysnacks

can-

Postby smiles » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Extremely high concentrations of Visvim shoes/jackets outside the neighborhood store. Something must be dropping. Most people looked pretty bad tbh.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby maj » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:23 pm

was at work today and the queue was out the door, bright side of this was i got to people watch like crazy as cooked off legolands version of nandos. working in a place like this you get to see a lot of people, which means you see a lot of clothes, so it's always good to see what's 'hot' among the public. with it being drizzly the winter jackets were out in force, most popular being the pantagona/tnf/tresspass jackets which i have to say look great, crazy colour-block ones which have a great shape to them, some strong hoods too. admittedly there is a lot of shit ones but there is gold among the dirt.

my season there is nearly over for this year however so it's back to 'lad watching' in my 6th, memorable among the guests have been some dude strolling in wearing what looked like a balenciaga flower print bomber and prada creepers, more recently some other guy rolling in sporting what looked like the givenchy neoprene sweat. just looked crazy out of place at a place like this. favorite has to go to the couple who were wearing matching milsurp shells though, looked insane.

thoroughly enjoy everyday looks.

maj

Postby charybdis » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:49 am

You know how sometimes you feel like an item is too out there and just not feasible for real life? (Although I think my definition of that is narrower than all y'all's.) But then you see it on someone who's not therosenrot and you start thinking that it would actually be totally feasible in real life?

That's how Faye Wong has made me feel about those split toe margiela boots.

Edit:

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 am

If you ever want to play with split toes but for non-MMM prices you could give a try - they have a really sweet collection of split toe jika-tabi shoes

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 pm

i want tabi socks so i can wear socks with sandals.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby deadkitty » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:21 pm

everything is dana lee

deadkitty

Postby sid3000 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Im really getting frothed by how overseas auctions for anything I like end at like 5am my time.

sid3000

Postby b4my » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:44 am

b4my

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 am

That's cool, got any fit pics with it?

I keep wanting to order something like the fisherman's trousers but fear I'll look like a prat striding around in something so visibly trad-Japanese. Maybe if the belt is covered up they'll just look like flowy black trousers.

Syeknom

Postby b4my » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 am

It's 3 in the morning and my roommate's asleep, so not right now but I was thinking of wearing it tomorrow if it's not too cold, i'll take a pic if i do. Feel you on the fisherman's trousers, I've been feeling that way about tabis, I like them but I'm trying to avoid looking super japanophile, especially because i already walk around with a madoka magica keychain on my backpack and my icon here is from serial experiments lain and basically i'm a lame nerd.

b4my

Postby RycePooding » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Not gonna lie, the Cabourn parka doesn't fit like I wanted it to.

RycePooding

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Jeremy Scott now designs for MOSCHINO! What a perfect match!

http://www.style.com/stylefile/2013/10/ ... ce=twitter

I was hoping Jean Charles de Castelbajac would be in line someplace, but this seems like a good thing. I think a lot of people want to wear moschino (esp. for their 90s throwback jizz) but they're not putting out anything that gets tongues waggling.

I'm not a huge fan of Jeremys aesthetic, and I hope to god this doesn't just mean there's going to be wings on everything Moschino puts out. I have a few M pieces and I really like them.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby iffe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:35 pm

i want to wash my black nike frees, i walked in some very fine sand with them and now they're all brown. what's the best way?

iffe

Postby sknss » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 pm

castelbajac is too busy having fun with jacquemus

(he's on the left)

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby deadkitty » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:04 pm

deadkitty

Postby b4my » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:50 am

I didn't wear it today but here's a picture of me in that sou-sou thing. It's wrinkled as hell because it was in a ball at the bottom of my drawer but what can you do.

b4my

Postby sknss » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:50 pm

so i looked around in class today and i'm pretty sure i was the only one not wearing skinny jeans in that 600 people room.
am i a trendsetter or just a weirdo

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ballast » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:55 pm

syeknom and i might as well be fashion twins, it looks like, separated by skin color and an ocean.

syeknom, what's your size? if you're my size, i may traverse the atlantic and loot your wardrobe while you're travelling.

now that i've given fair warning, as you brits say, the game is afoot.

ballast

Postby Syeknom » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 pm

I've a well tiny wardrobe though, you'd probably save money by not buying the ticket!

sknss you are both trendsetter extraordinaire and weirdo nutter

Syeknom

Postby midvh » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:26 pm

so I just ordered these and I honestly don't know if it was a good or bad thing to do

if everything goes well I should have a pair of DD side zips arriving soon too

midvh

Postby Syeknom » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:33 pm

ooh, that looks like a great thing

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 pm

nigo and uniqlo UT is really exciting. his design work at human made shows he is still in ripe form, uniqlos manufacturing infrastructure is awesome and bape was always just a fancy screen printing op anyways

been years since I was excited to go in to uniqlo

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Tags