[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:23 am

a dude in my philosophy class just walked in wearing ccp drips

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Stolsdos » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:36 am

Saw random girl wearing "cheap" floral button down, adidas track pants, and black yeezy 350s.

Stolsdos

Re: sportswear Capes

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:57 am

ramseames

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:26 pm

errolson hugh's face is so closely tied to Acronym in my mind that it's weird to see other people wearing it (models or otherwise)

i feel like i'm gonna buy ACR at one point and be disappointed that it doesn't turn me into a bald asian man

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby tomsfood » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:25 pm

m'caretags

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm

ahaha whered u get that coat nerd, the science lab?

JonjoShelvey

Postby tomsfood » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:14 pm

actually tried it on in a bookstore, that's not nearly as nerdy as a science lab heh

i ACTUALLY wanted to post this in "THE LAB" but m'oderators changed the thread title :(

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:24 pm

the w+h 10 year collection is gonna have a geller collab

? also a cmmn collab but whatever lol

mc-lunar

Postby nevergreen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:30 pm

i often think about getting lab coat from my campus bookstore and dying it a deep indigo

nevergreen

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:30 pm

? wings and horns 10 year stuff was in 2014

http://www.wingsandhorns.com/ten-year/

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:48 pm

i'll ask next time i'm at the wings store lol

might just be a collab

ramseames

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:00 pm

A guy on the train was wearing Rick jacket, Julius cargos, and AnnD claw ring.

I think he was the same guy I talked to who worked at Simons and was wearing CCP and some artisan derbies. He seemed cool.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:35 am

I think my belief that pants are the fakest concept is actually just me projecting abt how irritated I am that no pants fit me.

harmsalmon

Postby dull » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:17 pm

after owning 3 pairs of designer denim, my 20$ h&m ones are still the best ones ive owned. why even bother???

dull

Postby Syeknom » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:16 am

Gentle reminder: no cross-forum talk please.

Syeknom

Postby maj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:29 am

nothing makes a person look cooler than a t-shirt with a car on,

nothing

every time i see one i'm like "damn you look so cool"

maj

Postby bels » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:58 am

Search eBay for COS and narrow your search to t-shirts maj. You will find what you are looking for amongst the minimalist swedish garms

Last edited by bels on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:04 am

am i missing something there r no cars

dont joke with me

car tshirts are not a fucking game

maj

Postby bels » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:30 am

wasterman

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:57 am

:oops: Didn't read the eBay

I remember these, they used to sell models at black bushe market when maxpower was cool (rip), I'm surprised no one has #referenced them.

I was actually talking to my line manager the other day who drives a slammed polo (v sick, shes sponsored for it) about the pre "super clean euro look cars" and we both agreed the boy racer diy body kits and neons were far superior to Luke from the Home Counties euro golf.

maj

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:52 am

it's really hard to think of words worth putting on an item of clothing so why do designers do it? found a perfect CDG shirt the other day but then saw it had 'nature is divine' written on the back. fairly unobtrusive but i had to pass because it was just... stupid.

pirxthepilot

Postby trasparenti » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:05 pm

I'm pretty open minded re: clothes but I really don't like the really popular 'SLP aesthetic'. Even then, personal preference aside, I see women pullin it off in the occasional street style pic but I rarely see dudes off the runway pull off the whole look regardless of how much dosh they dropped on garms. I can appreciate the 'badass scrawny rocker dude with give-no-fricks style' but I have never seen anyone on any forum post a waywt wearing SLP that looked anything beyond average. I think if people bought more interesting pieces like the shawls and hats it could look cool. If people really want to "kill" "it" they have to pull off that cropped marching band jacket thing.

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby maj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:42 pm

wyatts/15.5/flannel is the new redwing/raw/flannel for those who want to "dress like everyone else but better",

they're the person in the office who's "into fashion", they've swapped that gingham for buffalo check as everyone on the floor has copied them even tho they're were making jokes about it for 2 years straight.

most don't wear it to be hype fashion forward, they just wear it to look "nice"

was at the club the other week and my mate introduced me to his friend who was a fashion guy thinking we would discuss shit, he was in a bufflo check, skinnies and chelseas while i sat there in a #clubshirt baggy jeans sneaks and long hair and it was clear to me then we were different types of fashion people.

he complimented my hair and said i used to have hair like this

upon asking why he didn't grow it back he crisply "replied"

"it's just not as fashionable"

:|

rekt

maj

Postby odradek » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 pm

just realized i very briefly met our very own qalandar last night.

odradek

Postby hamburgerlady » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:16 pm

i dig the slp slimness and style.
my own way of dressing is mostly inspired by musicians and music, so that's where it stems from.
as for ethics and the whole "coked out white rocker" connotation to hedi slimane's styling in slp,
although i do see that as an obvious wrong; i still can't help shake that i like how it looks.

then again, when it comes to PEOPLE wearing slp; i've only ever seen a few people wear it where i like it.
usually not just the typical wyatt + 15.5cm + check shirts, but just mixed in with interesting/different pieces.

hamburgerlady

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:00 pm

A Kind Of Guise does such perfect outerwear, if only it wasn't so expensive.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby gustavobradley » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:46 pm

Re: the whole slp thing

i really like the slp style, and wyatts are 100% the number one thing on my cop list. that being said, i am getting a bit oversaturated on the basic streetstyle of boots/jeans/flannel and the whole slp in streetwear thing (thanks kanye). i love the runway look (especially fw13/15) and can't help but think that that's "true" slp, but it's definitely not for everyone to pull off. one of the worst things is there seems to be no huge middle ground of people who use slp pieces/aesthetic along with other stuff - you've either got people going full on runway (who shouldn't be) or people taking slp pieces for streetwear or wealth-flaunting

the constant knocking-off of slp by zara and h&m definitely doesn't help anything either

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby RomanEmpire » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:24 pm

I just want tan chelsea boots

RomanEmpire

Postby bels » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:31 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby HeavenResign » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 pm

I think as the 'slp' look becomes over saturated there will be a push-back now that more celebs other than just kanye are rocking the look.

ex:Image

but i mean i have black suede jodhpurs from story et fall on order so who am i to talk

HeavenResign

PreviousNext

Return to Tags