[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Syeknom » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:08 pm

Love the green male one with the Van Noten mohair jumper and that lanvin coat

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 pm

I had no idea this existed!

http://www.buzzricksons.com/william-gibson-c-26.html

Buzz Rickson x William Gibson (THE WRITER) collab.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby b4my » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:59 pm

The cool part of that is that it exists because he wrote about the main character of Pattern Recognition wearing a Buzz Rickson MA-1, but they didn't produce an MA-1 at the time so they made one named after him.

b4my

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Haven't read that, but I think they did produce one before (just not in black as written in the book). That's what I understood anyway.

I do think it's cool, though it's kind of a sign of the times. My friend bought a DEUS EX (the game) coat last year, and popular games are edging towards product placement.

I wonder why W.G decided to do this. I like it but it's really odd.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby b4my » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:39 pm

He strikes me as a pretty detail-obsessive type (he has an essay about buying vintage watches that's worth reading) and he's written tons of times about Japanese re-interpretations of American pop culture so it seems a pretty natural fit imo.

b4my

Postby bels » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:09 am

I'm 100% sure that william gibson checks into sufu every so often.

That LN-CC feature looks like it was shot on the Next Generation era Enterprise.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 pm

teck

Postby RycePooding » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Yohji is the cutest.

RycePooding

Postby Rosenrot » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:47 am

You're welcome

Rosenrot

Postby smiles » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 am

found about this label called de rien today. super crazy. handled a coat/shirt thing.

http://spitalfieldslife.com/2010/08/17/ ... g-dealers/

paging BOBBIN for his opinion.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby purkinje » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 am

Are most black shoe polishes pretty much the same or is there some deviation in quality? Recommendations?

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby bels » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:42 am

Saphir is the premium option. I dunno I've used Kiwi for years and it seemed fine. Also used the stuff that herring sent me for free and it seemed fine too. Possibly some difference between "creme" and "wax" that I don't understand.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Most black shoe polishes are similar, but not all shoe treatments are the same. Depending on your shoe you might want to use a whole host of different things - for example for a pair of very nice dress shoes you would probably remove all polish first with acetone then treat it with a layer of conditioner. After dry you'd put a layer of polish on with a brush, then let it stand before buffing it with a cloth. The really waxy tinned ones create a really good shine, but I find they can crack which is really annoying. The cream/squeezy ones seem pretty crappy when it comes to rain.

For most regular leather shoes the traditional treatment is 'dubbin' which is kind of a common name for a lot of things - I know some people prefer dubbin made of tallow and some like the stuff that has minksfoot oil in it. You can polish up dubbin and it's meant to give quite a good shine. You can get black dubbin and I've found it to be the best middle ground. I spoke to Willam Lennon (bootmakers) a while back and they suggest using dubbin but not letting it really soak in, as it can over condition leather.

For walking shoes and most boots that are oil tanned (not vegetable tanned) a lot of people like to use products that oil the boot up and waterproof it. Obenaufs is the current hype and I'm sure it works pretty well. It'll never shine up all that good though if that's what you're into, but it does make boots look really even if you dent or scrape them. Red wing have different products they suggest for each shoe, and although I've never had any Red Wings it kind of gives you an idea of what you should be looking at.

I use pecards leather dressing. People have pretty strong opinions on this type of thing if you hazard to search through Sufu and styleforum.

Smiles: I love their (vintage) collection -- totally unsurprised that this is a Spitalfields thing. It's kind of what I'm doing with my partner, though a bit different in terms of what they've come up with. I was with them ALL the way until I went on their site and their collection was all on stern looking fashion models. URGH. I have really strong feelings about this, because it's almost part of the branding, and they've styled their product so it's just going to end up looking like Bolongoro Trevor or All Saints. It's like taking product shots with vaseline all over the lens.

Edit: Just spoke to my girlfriend who reminded me we talked about these guys before. She says they're a bit too costume-y and I agree. They sell in this shop in Shoreditch, so you can kind of see the market they're placing themselves in

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Honestly Bobbin, it's pretty obvious that Bolongoro Trevor is a made up name

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:24 pm

I just want to sound fashun. Actually it's Bolongaro Trevor. Horrid.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby purkinje » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info Bobbin. Pecard looks like it has a few really nice products, might have to try out their boot oil.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby can- » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:31 pm

if I was still in college and still buying and naming bongs I would call one that

can-

Postby can- » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Link plays the Bolongoro Trevor

can-

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:24 pm

I think I need a down coat.

RycePooding

Postby starfox64 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Uniqlo has long down coats now that look like something an EPL manager would wear on the sideline (specifically Wenger but I know some others wear them too).

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ramseames » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:38 pm

[everything roden gray bought from] APC carhartt fw13 is generally pretty unremarkable other than these pants which are incredible:

End's photos show it best but they have a really cool waxed finish and the colour is really nice. Wouldn't buy them personally because of the way I view carhartt but they're pretty dope

ramseames

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:50 pm

was looking at those qlo long down coats, but I think I want something puffier and shorter. Maybe vintage bean or something

RycePooding

Postby bels » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 am

Ryce, what about that acne matteo on ebay i linked a while ago? Or did it get snapped up.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:19 pm

It did- woulda grabbed it, but didn't ship outside UK.

RycePooding

Postby whinefields » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:46 pm

whinefields

Postby b4my » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:42 am

i passed a guy on campus wearing those Concepts x New Balance shoes and what I think was a WTAPS shirt today but I didn't know how to start a conversation ;_;

b4my

Postby bels » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:04 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 am

Ughhhh so many good coats, how do you find them? Asked him if he'd ship to the states, we'll see.

RycePooding

Postby bels » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Like all internet fashion professionals I have a highly evolved set of ebay email alerts

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Are you ready for the new Men's Wearhouse? This is their SS'14 lookbook:

thomaspaine

PreviousNext

Return to Tags