[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 pm

just saw scott schuman trying to ride a bike on the sidewalk

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby mike868y » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:00 pm

does the care tags podcast still exist?

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby ramseames » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:34 am

ramseames

Postby bottlebrush » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 am

what did you wear for your graduation
i am curious

bottlebrush

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:05 am

My graduation photo has me in full gown, cap, tie gettup brandishing my diploma in hands festooned with five chunky silver rings.

Syeknom

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:31 am

Here's what you've got to do.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby trasparenti » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:37 am

Visited an amazing fabric factory near Gifu today. this place is incredible. Pics comin sooner or later on my blog. They've supplied fabric for tons of brands - CDG (repeat customer for three decades), Issey, CCP, MA+, CA4LA, Jil Sander, Arts & Science/Bergfabel, and so on. Still, they're a fairly small operation considering their client base. I touched so much fabric. It was amazing. Life changing, really.

So I guess the question is: who are some designers I should email to test the waters with? I'm going to try and compile some samples in a small book and then ask some companies if they'd like some swatches. I'll sit down and make a list of brands to email when I have time but if anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby Julio » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:49 am

^i don't really know who you could talk to, tbh? at least for western designers... but i could think of a few people who might be interested to source with your help, maybe.

re: fabrics & japanese designers
I seem to recall something on sufu c/o djraijo (did i spell that right? that guy behind sawhney or however that's spelled--cool stuff but i'm really forgetful sometimes) and he was talking about how a lot of the couture houses in japan source fabrics from one mill or they all have the same suppliers; something like that?
but anyway. i seem to recall him saying kolor was one of the few if not only houses in japan that manufactures everything from start to finish: they produce their own fabrics, essentially? just an interesting little anecdote i guess. might try to dig that post back up sooner or later as djraijo (djrajio???) is clearly informed and in the relevant spheres to discuss such things properly

Julio

Postby kyung » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:59 am

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby oucho » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:05 pm

oucho

Postby bels » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:28 pm

http://hypebeast.com/2015/12/nikelab-st ... windrunner

Hnnngggfjdjddjdjdjdndndnsjsjdndmmmmmmmmmdatsdatgoodshiiitmmmm

maj

Postby twins » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Anyone else lie about the price they paid for *every* thing they own?

If i tell the truth:

More understanding people ask me about it (genuinely curiously) and i have to explain why i paid that much for it. Not that big of a deal but it never changes someone's view on it
Less understanding people/my friends flame me for it, and usually say i'm being wasteful. doesn't really offend nor annoy me cause im used to it and i've started to take myself less seriously

I dont really care about others people's views on it but there's no real point in telling the truth. not to complain or be negative lol, i understand why it's hard to grasp for people and i don't blame them

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:31 pm

I've never really had anyone ever wonder how much I paid for an item. If they want to know why I was to spend that much I'd just tell them because I felt like it. I don't have to justify my purchases to others just to myself.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:43 pm

who all are you hanging out with that ask you how expensive your clothes are?? and i assume they're asking you because you're definitely not bringing it up, i hope

ive not had this conversation with anyone besides like, my parents or SO. one time someone said "mans got a different pair of shoes for every day of the week" but that's honestly it

mc-lunar

Postby twins » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:04 pm

recently my friend (girl and into fashion) and i were talking about clothes and i told her i bought some nice jeans (Acne) and she asked me. What usually happens is i'll be like "damn im excited for my xxx to come in" or "i bought a xxx"
It's people making conversation, really. Also, once they know you're willing to pay more for clothing they'll ask more

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby odradek » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:23 pm

half price, then half again. then throw that number out and lie anyway. only people i tell are close friends, and only if they ask, because that means they're genuinely curious since they know the answer will always be "a lot"

odradek

Postby gustavobradley » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:36 am

it barely ever happens, but there's no point in really lying about it imo - usually makes for interesting conversation/lets me nerd about about my clothes

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:35 am

When friends ask about my garms, I have a perpetual "friend in Japan" who buys me gifts.

I've somehow misplaced a massive Zam Barrett stole... I'm upset and want it.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby trasparenti » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:44 am

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby adiabatic » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:04 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby nevergreen » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:40 pm

two separate people have told me I look like Michael Jackson today because of my isaora blazer

nevergreen

Postby WussWayne » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:12 am

I think there's a chunk of us here fucking up our parents money. You should really just lie about how much you pay for clothes or where you source them.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby xinijia » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:21 am

Have any avant-garde designers done two different shoes or something like that? There's a lot of insane things out there but I don't remember something like wearing different shoes or two left feet or something.

my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby Ques » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:49 am

i always just tell people i buy my clothes from the internet and refuse to elaborate any further

Ques

Postby oucho » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:55 am

Whatever the full price of the item I bought half-price, I double that and tell people that's how much it costs.

oucho

Postby bels » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Think we should all acknowledge puma for the most slept on collabs of all time:

Puma x Chalayan
Puma x Vexed Generation
Puma x Miharayusahiro

All random left overs on ebay for less than £50 and sometimes less. Some absolutely amazing stuff in there.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby yourdad » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:47 pm

i just say it was a million dollars

yourdad

Postby shinny » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Looked at my baby photo album and found this photo of me.

Remind you of anyone? ;-)

shinny

Postby brlmski » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:42 pm

i just say too much because lets be real, i could have totally waited for the sale % to increase before coppin

brlmski

PreviousNext

Return to Tags