[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion thoughts

Postby smiles » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:41 am

good colour.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby teck » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:19 pm

i've been trying to write stand up bits about my interest in fashion for like, a year and a half.

its impossible.

fashion might just be the least funny thing ever.*

*also could be my incredible lack of stand up skills

teck

Postby odradek » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:27 pm

fashion is only funny when it's about your failures as a person for being into fashion, although i feel as if that's true about most stand up these days: i suck in semi-relatable ways, and here's why. "Dries van Noten, am I right, guys? guys?" is nothing but "I stood in line for a pair of sneakers and my parents somehow haven't yet taken me out of the will" might get someone to laugh.

odradek

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:29 pm

also don't forget about poking fun at the subcultures

especially ones that you're a part of

damn we're back to your first point

ramdomthought

Postby teck » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:33 pm

we need a care tags open mic

teck

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm

i volunteer bela to go first

ramdomthought

Postby trasparenti » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:24 am

so embarrassing when you're talking to a dude about clothes and you think you're pretty cool and then he whips out his Raf Simons New Order coat and stunts on you

edit: i was not being serious. this was obviously not 'embarrassing'.

Last edited by trasparenti on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby oucho » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:36 am

I would be embarrassed if someone started showing me their raf archive too

oucho

Postby une_impasse » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:36 pm

raf simons archive and chill

une_impasse

Postby rublev » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:57 am

For some reason I'm vaguely upset that the Uniqlos near me don't have those Heattech slimstraights in white in my size... nor on the website. I'm not really sure why I want them so badly. Maybe I'm just itching to shop a little because I'm back in LA (and free hemming!) but really, I think the issue is that I'm in love with this idea of an elusive pair of non-jeans jeans. Those on IRC know about how I used to obsess about the idea of (silk/cupro) lined jeans so it's probably like that. Stuff like the Naked & Famous cashmere blends have always intrigued me. Proper-like jeans on the outside, but sweatpants-y or whatever on the inside is super cool. Maybe I'll return to looking for "knit denim."

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby omar » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:52 pm

kindo big fellow teen what's good

omar

Postby oucho » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:26 am

oucho

Postby bels » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:29 am

Those look great.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby lyysander » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:12 am

Saw a pair of Margiela paint splatter GATs in person for the first time today while I was at the new Broad museum. I was so excited that I told the guy I liked his shoes and then kind of just disappeared into the Basquiat room.

lyysander

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:54 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Dingdongfootball » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:25 pm

the longer i go without buying new clothes, the harder it gets to buy new clothes. i get so used to the wardrobe i have that it's like i can't imagine myself wearing anything else. does anybody ever get this feeling? the feeling that buying new clothes is useless because you'll just be subbing in whatever you buy with outfits you already have and that the only way to truly do something new for yourself with fashion is to buy a LOT of new shit--like an entirely new wardrobe?

i guess it usually goes away when i just bite the bullet and buy a new thing but it's troubling nonetheless.

EDIT: you might have a point actually, maybe i should not be so troubled by the fact that i am content with what i have.

Last edited by Dingdongfootball on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dingdongfootball

Postby earthonator » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:32 pm

the word fashion sounds so pretentious and lame when describing my half ass interest in buying shit

earthonator

Postby titkitten » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:01 pm

it sounds like you've accidentally fallen into the .

i definitely feel similarly to you. i've been wearing more or less for the last year+ (give or take 2 or 3 things) and i basically have found myself emptied of any desire to buy new stuff. before, i used to feel like my clothing was an ever-changing and confusing outer layer that i applied onto my true self every morning. now that i've lived in the same sparse wardrobe for so long, and become so closely familiar with all the items, they really just feel like part of who i am. so yeah. i'm happy with it and feel no need to change it. i say embrace what you're feeling!

i went with my mother to holt renfrew this morning (like saks fifth but canadian) because she had a huge store credit to spend. i couldn't find anything that i wanted to buy in the whole store, which was surprising even to myself. although i did see that they were doing custom nutella jars.

titkitten

Postby Dingdongfootball » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:28 pm

yeah i think could be okay with this actually, it just requires a change of mindset. i think maybe after i get a winter coat (something i actually need) i'll just quit buying clothes for a while. no need to force change when it's clearly not happening and not really necessary either.

Dingdongfootball

Postby bels » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:47 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:51 pm

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby nevergreen » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:09 am

my dad and I unknowingly bought each the same fleece uniqlo jacket in different colors for Christmas haha

and over half the gifts for my family are from there too i love it

nevergreen

Postby mike868y » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:11 pm

just got a "we've received your return and will credit your card" email from uniqlo for an order i didn't return...thanks i guess?

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby Julio » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:47 am

these are cool but also i don't know

Julio

Postby WussWayne » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:43 am

That one dude who used to sit next to me in class wearing board shorts all year long is now my hero

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby ptozzi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:17 am

when you're wearing an oxford and chinos and your friend says "why are you so dressed up?"

???

ptozzi

Postby Eddie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:33 am

I've probably worn a collared shirt less than 5 times in the past year and a half, feels very dressed up to me now lol

Eddie

Postby austo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:38 pm

whats cool with belts these days? are people still crazy over natural leather and shit?

i feel like woven leather belts are rad as hell and should be more popular

austo

Postby une_impasse » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:01 pm

une_impasse

PreviousNext

Return to Tags