[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby midvh » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Someone, who is size 43, should by these Alexandre Plokhov backlaced things.

498 USD (–15% if you order on your iPhone with: iFORWARD15)

midvh

Postby can- » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:27 pm

can-

Postby thug » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

I want to get to the point where all my thoughts are MY thoughts rather than mfa, sf, or even ct influenced.

I can tell whether I like something or not but there's still that underlying aspect of hand-holding.

thug

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:59 pm

What did you like before all of these distractions? Often I find that people who 'find' fashion usually go through a phase of amassing clothing and buying into styles and trends, before ultimately paring down their wardrobe only to discover their style is a more refined version of whatever they felt comfortable in before.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby thug » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:40 pm

yeah i've had that thought before also.

hmm I can't really remember actually. I'm pretty young so during the time when I started dressing myself I was like a wannabe skater. that's not where my style's going but I definitely see that effect you mentioned on a lot of people.

thug

Postby teck » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:33 pm

i struggle with this actually. on the one hand i find what bobbins is true, that i'm coming to a "resting place" that "feels" right^. part of this is actually checking my involvement in forums. ive stepped back a lil from mf and its helped, and i havent posted a fit in awhile.

does that mean that my style isn't improving? isn't being in communion with a community the path to growth? in actuality am i dressing really badly and just think i look good? or have i transcended things and am now free to pursue my own path?

^but then again i've felt that way before

teck

Postby b4my » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm just constantly wanting to look a new way before I've even solidified looking the old way. I used to just want to dress in undercover, then raf, now I want to wear drkshdw tees and saturs all the time, and I don't really have the disposable income to make all those things a reality.

b4my

Postby starfox64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:01 pm

bunch of old TBS stuff on ebay right now.

hunnish if you still want vis jeans they have some listed for $200 in i think your size

also some junya, wtaps, bunch of vis, marni, jil, mmm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby midvh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:31 pm

so I just recieved these in the mail

I'm a bit unsure whether I should keep them or resell them though

midvh

Postby purkinje » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Is there somewhere online where I can look at old supreme collections from the 1990s? I wanna know what they were like before the mid 2000s.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby hmwut » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:42 pm

hmwut

Postby sknss » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:40 am

I don't know what to do with my black boots. they're everything i've been looking for: 8 eyelets, plain toe, speed hooks, pointy toebox. they're beautiful and well made. but the last is too narrow for my feet and if i'm being honest with myself they will never fit.
my brain tells me to sell them but my heart says they look great in my closet

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 am

get rid. The right shoe will come.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:23 am

teck

Postby b4my » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:27 pm

I think I'm finally understanding why people wear Norse Projects and Our Legacy and stuff. I used to judge people for just wanting really simple unobtrusive stuff but I totally get it now, I don't know what changed.

b4my

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:31 pm

sknss, sell them and don't look back. you know this is the right move. post the listing today. for many of us clothes are strictly meant to be worn, anyway; we don't have the budget to buy stuff that's purely a sculptural element ALTHOUGH in the future i'd really like to buy crazy sneakers and just display them on shelves in my house

Calc, i'm going crazy trying to find documentation of supreme from 1994-2005ish. i mean, i think it opened up as nothing fancy and not really a "fashion brand" in that they kept track of individual collections, had specific drops, marketing campaigns/material, advertising to people outside (initially) a close subculture. i did find an interesting and a lot of the riffs off of famous brands that supreme has done, from a blog that covers fashion x law topics. i really wish i could find a comprehensive analysis of all of supreme's run-ins with IP issues and more info on the cultural references they've employed.

also where he talks a bit about the origins of supreme, and there's a brief timeline on their skateboard artist collabs. he talks a bit about how he's averse to his works being truly "limited" in the sense that the kids that were their original customers are unable to get their hands on supreme stuff, which is a really interesting anecdote given i mostly hear about supreme for this rarefied hype-driven collector's side of things.

there's a teensy bit of stuff about their early 2000s marketing and supporters? but not anything from the 90's.

schiaparelli

Postby smiles » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 pm

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby whinefields » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:49 pm

been busy but here are the apc pants from awhile back

apc x apc x apc

also ben, eat your heart out on that sweater

whinefields

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:17 pm

How many of you would buy something online if there was nowhere to try it on? If a brand wanted to keep their product pure, and deliver directly to the customer so it couldn't be tried on or touched by anyone else, would you buy into that? My partner and I are really thinking this might be a beautiful thing if we can make something and seal it up until it gets to the owner, but it stops us being able to sell anything in physical stores (unless we give them a sample size set for trying on).

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby maj » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:31 pm

how would you do returns, would you not offer them, offer them bin the product, or offer them and re-seal?

other than that i'm all down for ordering blind with size charts if there is a nice return policy, it's my preferred method.

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:45 pm

This is the problem. I love this idea, because its so 'special', but it doesn't seem workable. There are so many cool ideas we come up with that we can't do because if someone decided to return the product it'd lose a portion of value.

For example, imagine something with a photo reactive layer that's made entirely in the dark. Once its opened out of a blackout bag by the customer it begins to cure and develop. It's never 'new' again after that. How could we take a return? I would NEVER bin it because we're so anti-waste.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Living where I do, this is essentially the only way for me to buy clothing, and I don't hate it.

RycePooding

Postby sid3000 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:22 pm

sid3000

Postby can- » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I will buy your product bobbinz

can-

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:19 pm

I think a lot of us will

RycePooding

Postby can- » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:10 pm

bobbins- something I thought of- many of my most favorite items are vintage, secondhand or at least exhaustively worn by my dad. knowing your love for vintage i know you know what I mean. so it doesn't really bother me if a garment has been tried on previously, and id be much much happier to order an item blind if I knew I could return it (even for credit)

obvi with this cool photo synthesizing garms it's a different case. but as an avid consumer the idea of product purity ('bind on equip') doesn't appeal very much to me, esp if it means I could get stuck w a thing I didn't like or want to wear.

very excited to see and shop ur stuffs

can-

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:16 am

You could also take the returns and cut them up and sew them into new pieces boro-style or like Needles does. Do one-offs or interesting jackets/scarves and things like that. Obviously that's entirely dependent on the nature of your garments though.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks guys.

Yeah we're looking at boro for a couple of products, but I couldn't bring myself to cut up a pair of jeans that have only been worn once. I think we may have to rethink our 'sealing the product' idea.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby soundclip989 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:31 am

Thinking about maybe trying out a skirt. Possibly this trove piece?

Edit: The skirt is made of wool, and has side pockets, and a rope belt.

soundclip989

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:53 pm

I like that a lot, but I can't help but feel a oversized jumper wrapped around the waist wouldn't be better on every front. Unless that thing is fastened snugly the pockets aren't going to be much use.

Does look really cool though. However I wonder how it'd be after some movement.

Bobbin.Threadbare

PreviousNext

Return to Tags