[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey tucks

Postby Cowboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Cowboy

Postby exprof » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:41 pm

topshop now selling this lmao

exprof

Postby radicalbusiness » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:01 am

Somehow this happened today... not sure if to sell or gift them. either way, definitely my best thrift find ever!

radicalbusiness

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:27 am

i know it's a complete waste of energy to get mad at the new gucci but man, a lot of people that should really know better are buying $750 tshirts with donald duck on them

either alessandro michele is self-aware and gucci is the greatest satire of luxury clothing, or it's a cautionary lesson to not take style flintstone from people that have so much money that what they're actually buying is meaningless to them

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby hharrissonn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 pm

@CheerUpBrokeBoy
it's fun and irreverent and at least he like actually casts black models and is pretty tongue-in-cheek about his references as opposed to Demna who is a fucking tool on all accounts and makes equally shit/uninspired clothes

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby argew » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:10 pm

https://www.google.com/culturalinstitut ... PmGdPtB7Iw

37 years of tokyo street fashion

no idea how accurate this is, but i enjoyed it!

argew

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:14 pm

not that accurate the miyuki zoku ivy league style tribe has been around since the 60s and this article says trad became big in japan in the 80s. pretty cool article regardless wish they had picked a better picture to represent mens urahara kei

Sidenote: all the miyuki zoku all got arrested in 1964 so they wouldn't embarass japan during the tokyo olympics lol

BIGBEE

Postby WussWayne » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:08 am

Does anyone have a link to that article about Japanese kids with apartments full of clothes dedicated to a brand they're obsessed about and these kids are spending all their disposable income on these clothes and only have like a mattress or something . I think might know what I'm talking about.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby popcorn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:47 am

from someone's recollection of a Stars of the Lid concert:

"Somewhere in that mess of pedals Adam and Brian conjure the most majestic washes of sound. Adam looked like some American Apparel druid, cruising around with his yellow hoodie pulled up the whole time, and in that light Brian resembled an elder British gentleman."

cute band

popcorn

Postby exprof » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm

I found out moths ate through one of my favourite sweaters today :x reminder to check your closets for bugs >_<

exprof

Postby rjbman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 am

Clothing subscription service that tells you ahead of time just what you're gonna be getting - for all you minimalists out there

https://www.lot2046.com/

Honestly like most of the stuff, and the packaging looks great. i think they have distilled your essence down to a subscription service, right down to the tattoo kit and soundcloud mix.

THEY HAVE A GODDAMN TEAM PLAN - feudalism has truly come. just imagine some startup holing up in a house and subscribing.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby odradek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:16 pm

I'm trying to get rid of a lot of clothes because i am moving into a very much smaller space and that's really the only thing that's prevented me from buying a bunch of stupid shit on sale. I really don't know what this says about my self control.

odradek

Postby posh_somme » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm

j.w anderson x uniqlo got shown a little bit and i don't love it. maybe it's that horrible, flat uniqlo photography but it just looks bad to me

“It’s been probably the most exciting and the most personal collaboration I’ve ever done because it’s the first time I’ve been designing for myself, what I would want.”

this is crazy to me that JWA would choose to express himself for the first time in a mass market fast fashion collab. maybe it's because he's lying

posh_somme

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Jwa wears Uniqlo cashmere sweaters hence why he says it's clothes he would personally wear. I know a lot of people don't like the disconnect between what he wears and what he makes but personally I like the collection always liked the colorful stripes jw does and I love fair isle and really boring clothes

BIGBEE

Postby oucho » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:10 pm

In practise a high fashion designer designing a range of wearable clothes for a high street retailer sounds great. In reality we all know that JW is a smooth operator and is targeting press headlines of 'Jonathon's done it again!11!'. Normcore is still totally buzzing right now via balenciaga and vachement so the message makes sense.

The format of this collection seems pretty similar to the Lemaire one from the trench coats that look like they're just normal uniqlo to the cable knit jumpers that look like ... they're just normal uniqlo. The only difference is this collection was designed by 'a guy who just likes normal clothes' instead of 'a cutting edge team of international fashion-scientists'

oucho

Postby popcorn » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:37 pm

hey everyone, came up with this conceptual style, need your feedback

1. remove all garments and footwears from your wardrobe that aren't black, white, or olive.*
1b. no grays, no techwear, no nylon, no graphics, no sneakers.
2. grow a mullet
3. buy a huge beige cowboy hat

that's it, you're now a modernist outlaw.

popcorn

Postby Cowboy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Cowboy

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 pm

man fuck fanmail

ordered some shit and it's been a month still not shipped. dude's super unresponsive over instagram and email (and even paypal disputes). i'm gettin curved lmao

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Anorak » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 am

Anorak

Postby cormac » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:25 am

that makes me want to get a label maker and cover every article of clothing I own in either its name, or its definition without the name, all on a single label

cormac

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:03 am

i'm gonna be living in a 7x10ft room next year (for my friends using the metric system: Small) and i'm super excited but now i feel bad about not looking at people's pictures of their bedroom setups and tips whenever they've been posted. i have to become a modernist design genius for survival.

also loft bed suggestions pleez

popcorn

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Anyone selling Patagonia snap t size medium?

BIGBEE

Postby shar pei » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:45 pm

cw body size talk/body dysphoria

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby popcorn » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm

for the last three years i thought it was "Yohij Yamamoto" with the J after the I.

sorry

popcorn

Postby Julio » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:32 am

re: jw anderson x uniqlo

saw some of the stuff at a press event some weeks ago (no i am not press i just got an invite from friend who works for qlo???)
the stuff is... o k
by default i'm ignoring almost all of it because it's just so winter-focused it doesn't make any sense in a tropical country
sweaters looked alright but i suspect the sleeves will be too short as is my problem with qlo always. pity as the cable knits looked like they could be fun
the sort of hunting long/trench coat was admittedly quite nice. finished to a good standard, nice lining, and looked like more of a fall/rainy season type jacket; lining had a very "tech" feel, like qlo proprietary blocktech or at least treated for water resistance. i *think* there may have been taped seams. don't know if i'd wear but it struck me as a step above average qlo in terms of finish, construction, and fabric choice (don't take my word as gospel).
i did like how the mens work pant looked. came in (so far) a washed out denim (not for me) and a beige/khaki twill (would consider), v nice relaxed cut, and very nice inset-patch type (?) hip pockets--albeit with potentially small rear patch pockets.

upcoming uniqlo u looks good too. again lots of winter things but the men's shoulder bag is coming back in at least a cute bright red and the relaxed ankle-fit denims are coming back in a superior-to-last-season's sort of indigo blue garment dye that looks like it''ll age very nicely. shirting looked good as always but again i tend to ignore long-sleeved options by default. there's also some other pieces my friend showed me photos of that look great; not sure if this upcoming season or ss18

there was also ines de la fressange (finally) for men. didn't pay close enough attention to as it all looked very sort of french/european sprezzy (go figure) but there's a lovely looking corduroy suit (!!!) with a surprisingly wide wale corduroy (!!!!!!)--which also showed up at least on some women's pieces for uniqlo u. the blazer had functional button cuffs and all with a nice striped lining, if memory serves correctly. nice stuff but neglected to take a photo.

Julio

Postby odradek » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 am

i can't in good conscience post this as flintstone

odradek

Postby bels » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:24 am

thanks for the report Julio. I think Uniqlo is really going all out in there collabs at the moment, but they all look kind of samey atm? It's all "European rich person" looks (on the men's side certainly). Would have thought Klaus Teuber would have been a bit more xxxperimental but it seems pretty whatever.

I'd like to see them get back on their bullshit with something like UUndercover or some sort of activewear/techytech collab.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:19 pm

I KNOW techwear sucks, but realistically, what else is uniqlo going to do?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby WussWayne » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Man I wish we had active lolitas posting on here or a subsection for it like harajuju used to have.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby popcorn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:40 pm

popcorn