[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey tucks

Postby WussWayne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 am

Lowkey want his outfit

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby WussWayne » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:42 am

Lmaonikewut Image

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby can- » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 pm

contrast yoke, digital prints, selvage Id, heritage crafting, tailored but tactical , leather panelling, wearing gyakusou to actually work out, skateboarding in red wings, maclaren strollers, complimenting a stranger on his fades, Norse project camp caps, liking the idea of raw denim derbies, camouflage plimsolls, wingtip espadrilles, dress boots, Herschel collabs,

can-

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Hey all, not sure if this is the right section for this but I was hoping I could get some answers to a survey for a class. The survey is for a feasibility study for a mens clothing store so any answers will be helpful. If you aren't comfortable answering questions that's fine just trying to get some data on things. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Edit. Oh yeah it's completely anonymous, so yeah.
Thanks should be fixed.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby Eddie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Eddie

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Thank you all for answering my survey, I got more than enough answers for my class. Thank you all so much!

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby PrimePrime » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm

*new episode of Care-Tags Show pops up*

*immediately stops everything and smashes that mfing play button*

PrimePrime

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:27 pm

fashion journalism the world needs

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Cowboy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:49 pm

Not using bookmarks to search things like rak/yjp until now was a major mistake. So much time wasted

Cowboy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:40 pm

been so online wrt fashion now that i don't know if i can objectively evaluate "good clothes" anymore, or if now a good outfit to me is just a complementary assemblage of brands that i have positive opinions of

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby norman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:28 pm

i wish people would completely stop posting brand lists,

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby bels » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Norman I always think you're random thought's cat

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bonobonobo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Bonobonobo

Postby mooncorp » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:47 am

school newspaper delivers again
disinfected with UV light omfg

mooncorp

Postby norman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:34 am

ive been trying to use uv light as a contracptive like they did on room raiders but it never works

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby INNIT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:42 pm

ahhhh, okay, i know at this point secondhand markets like grailed have been complained about ad nauseum buuuut come on is it that hard to communicate like "hey, dude, ill ship it on wednesday, been real busy with life and this is just clothes im selling on the internet, so not a priority" instead of a week of radio silence and building paranoia. why is my every purchase on the internet an hp lovecraft novel

i want to love you sellers, let me love you

INNIT

Postby PrimePrime » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:19 pm

For how paranoid I am about taking all my stuff to the cleaners and making sure that nothing gets stained ever, I sure seem ok with letting my clothes pile up on the floor :/

PrimePrime

Postby blanket » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:49 pm

blanket

Postby Julio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:28 am

is anyone here aware of the massimo osti-designed dockers subline? it was called equipment for legs. what little i can find on the internet (and really, there's next to nothing) betrays the right-at-the-start-of-the-2000s release, but it's still an interesting little tidbit of garment randomness that i get a kick out of.

i'm asking because i have a pair of very wide, reversible trousers from the line just sitting in a closet. my older brother says he inherited them from an uncle, and that he regrets not inheriting the other pair: apparently with levis red/engineered type articulated dimensional seams, long zippered vents and/or pockets, etc., and most surprisingly rear panels that you could unzip from the hems and fold around your shoes (yes, all aitor throup like apparently).

edit: it's worth noting that i'm out here trying to find old catalog (i think) scans that i saw online once when i was getting lost on the internet, because apparently one of the things in the line were a pair of fisherman pants pretty much exactly like the thai ones but teched out, it looked like.
strange to think dockers was releasing that kind of product in the early 2000s

Julio

Postby parastexis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 am

asked a girl on tinder for socks recommendations and she said Kapital

parastexis

Postby hharrissonn » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:42 am

Anyone else scoop the JWA Glitter Chucks? They were either way more hyped that I had thought originally, or produced in stupid low numbers. Got the colorway I wanted in my size after frantically refreshing the Nike site for ~20 minutes, and couldn’t even load the JWA site. Had to have been a significant number of bots going for these.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby ptozzi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:55 pm

The folks at Norse Projects know how to treat their customers. Took until Monday to ship an order I placed on Thanksgiving morning. They apologized like crazy, refunded the shipping costs, and gave me a 30% discount code for a future order. Glad the stuff fits as I've never owned any NP.

ptozzi

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:14 pm

cdg can't compete

muji zip wallet with another zip in the middle

ramdomthought

Postby nope » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Designers & Their References

nope

Postby hharrissonn » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but here goes.

I was watching this interview () with Jonathan Anderson, and around the 3:20 mark he starts talking about clothing communicating sexuality in a way that, while kind of off hand, really struck me because it's something I've thought a lot about before. I would be very interested to hear how other designers feel about dressing men as not only as some specific type of man in the world, but a man who is trying to have sex with other people in that world. Tom Ford is (fairly obviously) the master of this.Tom's Man (Gucci or TF) is put together in a way that highlights the beauty and elegance of the traditionally masculine. The cuts and the fabrics, and the way they are presented, make you want to be closer to them. It's luxurious, it's classic, it's safe, it's sexy. Tom Ford makes me think of men who are powerful but reserved, intelligent but not bookish, confident not boastful. He is charming, but not overbearing. I'd let Tom Ford's Man take me wherever he wants to go because I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Thom Browne does something similar, with his private-school-college-athlete-uniform-fantasy.While still playful and interesting, Thom makes products that do more to frame the man in them than to communicate an external message on the part of the designer. Thom's man is approachable and fun. He is put-together, but not stuffy. He's not afraid of his body, and he's not afraid that you know that. He's someone you would buy drinks for, were you a Tom Ford Man.

Helmut Lang did this well under Helmut, and I think under Shayne Oliver there is a huge potential for a resurgence of the Helmut brand of sexuality. Obvious bondage aesthetics aside, the worn in denim, fitted tees, the vintage style parkas give an air of nonchalance and effortlessness that I think a lot of other menswear designers aim for and ultimately miss the mark. There's an element of mystery and captivation that makes you curious about the man who can really pull off the Helmut look. His clothes don't wear him. That kind of unpretentious style, while elegant from a design standpoint, is ultimately a way to draw attention to the person who employs it. It's a way to exude sex that isn't peacocking. Helmut's man takes you to house shows and knows everyone there, but doesn't make a big deal about it. He is cool and collected, but not unaffectionate. He is comfortable, but never sloppy. He knows the DJ and wants to introduce you to them. Helmut's man will fuck on the first date, but he'll call in the morning.

On the opposite end of this spectrum I see things like Saint Laurent, basically from Hedi onward. There's this degree of affect and pretentiousness that doesn't, to me, read as sexual. Every Saint Laurent outfit I see, despite the sexy rockstar heroin chic image the brand has cultivated internally, looks incredibly put-on, and feels almost costume-y. The Saint Laurent man reads as someone living an escapist fantasy, who has come to a point in their life that they can now afford to look like they take risks. The uniform look of Saint Laurent doesn't achieve the sexual fantasy of Thom's uniform, and instead opts for Velvet Underground Cosplay.

vachement and Balenciaga under Demna are, to me, similarly unsexy. vachement makes leather pants for the man who would never go to The Eagle. The man wearing a "Sexual Fantasies" hoodie is probably thinking about missionary with someone who is wearing equally expensive garms. His weed grinder pendant was paid for with money from his internship at his Dad's investment firm, and the contrarian nature of that purchase is infinitely amusing to him. Everything is a statement, everything is a joke, everything requires so much thought and explanation that he has no time to think about how he's being read by a potential partner, only that his peers are paying attention and approving, ensuring that he's still in on the joke. There isn't much sexy about the grown-up version of suburban adolescent angst.

This is probably super reductive and I'm probably missing a lot here. There's probably a lot to say about gender stereotypes and the changing landscape of sexual politics and how sex shouldn't even enter the design process but this is how I read these things as a Gay Man and I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of the designers I just riffed on are also Gay Men. Please pick this apart and tell me why it's not right for/to you because that's what I'm really interested in. How much of this is informed by my age/personal history of discovering fashion/personal tastes in both clothes and sexual partners. I think about these things when I dress myself, and I wonder how much of it is self delusion and how much has been culturally and socially imprinted on me and how much is really in the design of the clothes I buy and wear. This might not even register to a lot of people while they're thinking about how and why they wear the clothes they do and how they look and feel on/to them, but if we're wasting time thinking about how clothes look on why not give thought to how they look coming off.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:20 pm

when u put ur clothes on ask ur self am i balling? be honest

JonjoShelvey

Postby smiles » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 am

I had not been on grailed.com in a while until recently when I decided to sell a few things. It's gotten very weird.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:28 pm

What grails may come

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mahi-mahi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:05 am

Who makes the best “boring but nice details” clothes

mahi-mahi