[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: random fashion jersey tucks

Postby kaizen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:29 am

This page gives you a lot of information. Thank you!

kaizen

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:14 am

Fashion brands don’t do bedding because buyers won’t buy it. Bedding is impossible to sell without a good display and clothing stores don’t have the space or care. We have had bedding available to buy since basically the first season and no one has picked it up - same with patchwork throws.

We are going to start selling it direct but if we are to make any headway with it we’ll have to find stores to sell it into and that’s tough.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:48 pm

does anyone know the photographer who shot the most recent our legacy campaign? i feel like it has a lot of juergen-like influence minus the gold tone and questionably aged sexualized models. i suppose this type of voyuerish photography has been pretty popular for several other campaigns but i'm just curious

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby kremvax » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:43 am

&
kremvax

Postby midvh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:28 am

Does anybody know anything about these shoes? They look a bit like Paraboots, but the details doesn’t quite match.

midvh

Postby une_impasse » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm

i vanished from care-tags but now im back to put into writing the bizarre and troubling intersection between hypebeasty/edgy teens and white supremacy, ive gotten myself invested into Rick Owens more and there is a weird cross section of RO (and Raf) fans and potentially unironic extreme right-wing ideology.

i am hoping this is just my imagination running wild and people are just being " fake edgy" but it makes me very unhappy

edit: anime and jokes about autism are in the mix too, and it's almost always white kids who seem to come from money/have a lot of money

une_impasse

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 pm

do you think that's just /fa/'s influence on Internet White Boy fashion or do you think there's something else going on

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby kremvax » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm

ive noticed the same shit and it feels like /fa/ influence + existing on the same website as /pol/ - ive seen more reactionary raf fanboys than RO ones though (i think a lot of them think like... rick himself is "degenerate")

around the time those bizarre self-taken photos of dylan roof/his manifesto was discovered there were a lot of posts on /fa/ about how ~effay he was, pics of him get edited into group meetup photos + get posted in inspo threads - i mentioned "terrorwave" in my piece but if you actually search /fa/'s archive for the term you'll find that a lot of ppl post pictures of roof along with pics of like, arkan's tigers kicking bosnian muslim women

the "historical flintstone threads" have a lot of obvious photos of nazis and other right wing groups. also people love posting photos of korean shopowners wielding guns during the LA riots with plenty of things to say about wanting to gun down black people

i don't want to say it's Just /fa/'s influence because... i dunno, there are so many other factors, but it feels like i can tell when someone is from /fa/ like... most of the time in general & it's always them

&
kremvax

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 pm

yeah /pol/ was explicitly created to be a containment zone for 4chan's reactionaries but they just spread their rhetoric surreptitiously to other boards

beyond the dylann roof shit, all you have to do is search for "air jordan" on /fa/ to find the most bare-faced, knuckle-dragging racism

i had to quit going on /fa/ when i was bored for the sake of my mental health. there's nothing really that special about /fa/ or 4chan for that matter, they're just another internet echo chamber for reactionary young white men

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby une_impasse » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:35 pm

I don't really know if there's a central cause or influence, the few people I noticed were white and very well off financially so I guess adopting some pretty inflammatory ideas/language was edgy and cool to them? Because they're pretty much oblivious to or impervious to that kind of hatred/sentiment? Or maybe they've always felt/thought this way and now feel comfortable doing it the open, I don't know. Maybe there's something about how those brands always kind of dwell in and work with the "misbegotten youth" or "degenerates" of the world.

And not that I like to drag the world of politics into everything, but like, c'mon, I doubt Rick and Raf would be proud.

une_impasse

Postby kremvax » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:06 am

yeah :// i immediately thought "ugh it's probably /fa/" because ive spent way too much time on it and what you described sounds exactly like the avg anxious teen imageboard racist - migrating either to /fa/ from /pol/ (maybe the other way around), either for the ~memes~ or the ~aesthetics~. just some kind of community in general. rick and raf are like, the first two designers they learn 2 covet and recognize/namedrop in jokes a lot (a few years ago i remember they like, made rick a giant birthday card as a board and emailed it to him... he responded with "who are you?" lmao) - but the idea of being seen as ~an authority on either of those designers probably feels really good to them. there used to be a trip on there who was pretty much stormfront incarnate who was reaally into/owned *a lot* of very rare raf (mostly raf) and helmut lang stuff, undercover too i think

or they might just be excited to share another interest within their little edgelord groups?? i dunno either - but yeah i definitely think the actual ideas of/surrounding those brands actually could factor in in some way, too - i think about the politics/implied politics of brands/their aesthetics & who they speak to a lot tbh - and i get really surprised when i talk to people who don't really think about it? -- though ive realized a lot of the people who don't are also people who never have/have had to

&... that's probably the Thing. i think having browsed /fa/ for so long while being basically like the "opposite" of so much of its userbase (every time id see another black girl posting id be like omg) prob has something to do with how ridiculously concerned i am with that stuff because you can really get an idea of like, how they think & their own motivations/ideas about brands & what they mean/are or can be filed under - but even if i hadnt been on it/hadnt been on it that much i probably would still be, cause nothing was/is ever quite apolitical i guess

even when they want to/try to play games, like

sorry if this was incoherent

&
kremvax

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:14 pm

how do u guys feel abt this bape revival

i have too much ptsd altho i'm excited if teriyaki boyz make a comeback they high key slap

fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:43 am

Supreme and Bape.. the two forces of the universe... locked in eternal struggle.. as one rises.. the other falls, and when one falls, the other rises to take its place. Their perfect balance knows not the tyrannies of time or the ravages of man.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:59 pm

what revival? Did I miss something?

E: maybe you are referring to the reopening of the LA store?

BIGBEE

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:20 pm

revival as in a revival of interest of bape in streetwear* (also ppl styling with archival fashion)

certainly it's associated with a certain crowd (ahem fairfax rich kids) which is why i'm miffed
bape was my first ever exposure to clothing as something more than functional and to see it like this today is kinda sad lol

fun_yunchables

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Ah yeah well with nigo not running it anymore the business side has been doing a lot better. No more spending millions of dollars on pop art bullshit. Now it's a sleek vacuuming machine of rich teen money.

As far as the look of the product I don't personally like it but that doesn't really matter I wouldn't buy bape at retail prices anyway and the older nigo designed stuff I like is cheap from Japan. Couldn't be happier must not let rich Instagram kids ruin something I like ... Must not

BIGBEE

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:29 pm

i think i've started looking at stone island product shots for the same reasons that people look at photos of puppies

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby popcorn » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:04 am

i just realized i haven't even like..... seen... raw jeans in so long

3/27 edit: okay this has to be just a willful ignorance/perception thing because on the L train the other day (yeah, i know) i saw two guys with visible selvedge strips sitting next to each other. also one had the mfa classique iron rangers. i think i'm gonna be haunted by this post for a while, just surrounded by smelly, crunchy raws for years

Last edited by popcorn on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
popcorn

Postby hharrissonn » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:08 pm

LV really dropped Kim for Virgil I love fashion

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby alby » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm

i don't think virgil is gonna do good but im gonna wait till after his first collection to make a final opinion

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby hharrissonn » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:49 pm

I was going to write this as a rep comment but I realized I have a lot of thoughts about this. I kind of feel you, but like the man built a tshirt project into probably the most recognizable brand to emerge in the last 5 years, and finessed that into a stay at easily one of the most iconic fashion houses of all time. If there's anyone who can handle the branding of a giant like LV it's Virgil. Given how successful his Nike collaboration is/will continue to be over the next year, I think he's going to do a great job of taking LV classics and making them feel more contemporary.I don't expect tons of innovation or a total shift in focus of the house, but I think Virgil's mark on the brand will be something refreshing and at the very least interesting (à la Marc Jacobs at LV, irreverent riffing off of LV staples/branding with an obvious visual attachment to the designer). I'm most interested in what artists he's going to bring in to collaborate with (another Murakami collab? more Jeff Koons? VirgilxAssPizzaxLouisVuitton??). Even if they're bad (which like, there's a pretty good chance some of it will be real bad) it'll be something new, and even though I'm not LV's target customer, it has me a lot more interested in the future of the brand, which is really the point of his appointment I guess? Sorry this is so ramble-y.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:11 pm

also regardless of your opinion on virgil (my official opinion being "meh") symbolically it's a huge deal in terms of representation

french fashion houses have been making way too much money off of black tastemakers for too long to not give them a seat at the table. twenty years ago gucci was sending cease-and-desists to dapper dan and now they're cosigning his store. even if you see virgil's whole career as a scam (which some people do) it's the best kind of scam

i just want to see LV monogram purses with "BAG" stenciled on them in white spraypaint. is that too much to ask

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby une_impasse » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:04 am

When was the last time someone was appointed to a major design position like Virgil at Louis Vuitton without a background in apparel design or a history of working for another designer/house? This decision is, in my mind, 100% about money and I can't afford Louis Vuitton anyway so I don't really care, but this feels very unprecedented.

une_impasse

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:47 pm

just GOTTA hear what fashion's most insufferable nerd thinks about this

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby deadkitty » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:00 am

abloh at lv is accelerationist fashion

deadkitty

Postby kremvax » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:12 am

i don't like virgil/off white and i probably dislike his stans even more and this appointment is making me kind of annoyed because a lot of well meaning people i know already assume that since im black and like fashion i have to like *him* for some reason

i think it's like a pretty important representation thing though in terms of... literally just his appointment, look at the models in an off-white show i mean/look at off-white. though i know this is huge/"risky"? enough for an iconic french fashion house) .a bunch of people were tweeting stuff like "the black community has to put our coins together to support lv cause they just got a black designer!" and shit made me kinda frowny-faced because itd be nice to get behind black designers actually designing (and owning their brands) if you're gonna do that, and better question why we don't hear about them/why they might not have the same access/who exactly this appointment actually will open up doors for in the future. i was going to type something about how frustrated i get when people want to talk about Black Designers but only/mostly mean like, this specific straight dude cohort that is like. virgil/jerry l/heron p. etc. but it doesn't feel thaaat much related/it feels like a keyword is "assimilation", and like i said, i guess it's silly to imagine like, a recho omondi or telfar clemens or kerby jean raymond LV right now/instead. which i don't like saying because i like them and i don't really believe it (also i don't think that any of them - rightfully - are designing with the kind of intent that leads to a louis vuitton post - going back to that keyword)

but he has to make them money is all, right? (i guess i basically agree with that sz piece even though it's written really annoyingly) i'm not super familiar with lv but i guess i always figured they mostly move bags and accessories and stuff/i don't know who is buying the menswear.

funny things are his multiple "design is a scam" tweets, all things that i definitely believe that he believes but after this news was announced a bunch of people retweeted them and he deleted all of them

&
kremvax

Postby Julio » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:51 am

*shrug emoji*

all necessary points regarding the significance of this move, + representation, et cetera, have already been said by other people in this thread in other ways. all important and sensible points which i agree with, but it doesn't change that i'm not into abloh's output. but then i've never cared about LV either. so regardless of my like or dislike it doesn't really affect me in any meaningful way.

i've been trying to learn how to leave it at that

Julio

Postby oucho » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:35 am

I know that part of the answer is because it's insanely expensive but why isn't lanvin more hype? The mix of classical tailoring, sportswear and 'haha isn't what old straight white men wear eccentric' seems on trend to me. Lanvin is the brand that 'guy who is really into wearing prada but needs to find a slightly alternative take on that' would wear in order to get street styled. They even make hype trainers

at times it seems hyper influenced by prada but I really like the styling and I guess a lot of it looks aggressively and obnoxiously luxe but isn't that basically true of all high fashion?

oucho

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:02 am

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Julio » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Julio

PreviousNext

Return to Tags