[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Syeknom » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:11 am

Asian bespoke for sure (hong kong decent bespoke starting around $1k iirc), don't know about NYC or Naples. Not Savile Row

Syeknom

Postby sid3000 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:15 am

saville row starts at $4k I think.

sid3000

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:21 pm

depends on where you go but yeah 4k usd is a good baseline

however lots of younger houses on the row offer lower prices than say, huntsman or a&s. it's all pretty relative.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby thug » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Ramdomthought: why? I'm just expressing that it doesn't really appeal to me anymore, not talking shit or anything

thug

Postby smiles » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:59 pm

no cross forum discussion!!!!!!!!

we gotta keep it positive

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby thug » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Alright fair enough

thug

Postby SisterRayVU » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:52 pm

So looking for some quick y/n advice: I like the idea of a really long flannel under some clothes but I don't want to spend $100+ on some designer stuff to do it. I was speaking with ADM and he said that perhaps the bunching of fabric of an XL piece under a sweater or shirt would be problematic which is certainly true. Could I maybe have a tailor dart the fuck out of the shirt? Would they have to do both front and back? Or should I just save ~$150 for Lad Musician and the like?

SisterRayVU

Postby maj » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:09 pm

could try a baggier sweater over the top to stop the bunching like acne

http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/men/sw ... mbu8asus65

but that may be different from what you're aiming for.

maj

Postby bels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:10 pm

how long is really long?

If you're wearing it under a thick jumper I doubt it'd matter.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby SisterRayVU » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:13 pm

I'd want it to go a little below mid-thigh. Not like knee length but yeah.

ACNE type of length or a bit longer is it, yeah, but I figured it didn't bunch since it just fit normally. I need to see if my sweaters would be large enough.

SisterRayVU

Postby bels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:16 pm

I think it'd be a pain trying to get a tailor to understand what you're talking about.

I'd save up unless you want to do it yourself.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:34 pm

a tailor won't have to dart it, just majorly bring it in at the side seams.

an xl will have majorly dropped shoulders but I doubt you care. a tailor has to open up the sides to slim the sleeves, so while you're there might think about bringing them in too depending on where you get the flannel shirt.

can-

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 pm

I see a lot of people talking about buying jeans/shirts etc and getting them tailored -- is this relatively common over there in the US? It isn't here, unless you have a bit of cash. The only time I've ever used a tailor was in cheaper countries, other than getting zips etc. replaced in laundrettes here.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Yeah but you probably think nothing of pulling a sleeve of and replacing it with one you wove yourself in a tubulur knit loom you created out of scrap wood from your last project, which was a car.

I do it sometimes like letting out/taking in trousers, or taking up shirt sleeves. Or general suit modifications.

Sometimes get stuff hemmed when I'm feeling lazy.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:56 pm

What is the final conclusion on American Apparel's tshirts.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby SisterRayVU » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:01 pm

SisterRayVU

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:03 am

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby can- » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:08 am

American apparel makes a dozen different t shirt models (summer weight, 'army' t, 'hammer' t, triblend, 100 cotton, deep neck and more) and there's no rhythm to it, some have dropped shoulders, some are long and thin and some are shirt and boxy

they're ok 3 for 25$ at outlet but I'm not in love w them

can-

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:23 am

3 for $25? I've never seen that deal. I've seen "Buy 2 get 1 free" though. The t-shirts themselves seem to be priced at around $20 each these days, so that'd be 3 for ~$40

http://store.americanapparel.net/produc ... ctId=bb401

http://store.americanapparel.net/produc ... uctId=2001

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby RycePooding » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Okay guys.

Not sure where this essay of a post belongs, pertains to lots of threads, so I'm putting it here.

I've been selling everything I own to fund long term travel starting this summer (after World Cup most likely.)

Seriously considering doing it via motorcycle.

I want to have a leather jacket for this.

Here are the questions: I have more then enoigh for Toj sitting in PayPal. Do I strike before it's too late?

What kind of jacket do I want for biking around long term?

I've been lifting a lot, but can't imagine my torso getting any bigger then it is, will get smaller if anything.

Any guidance (bobbin) is very very appreciated.

Like... Do I even need Toj? Or should I just get a schott or bean jacket closer to departure.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:19 pm

IMO, order the bean in a size or two and see how it fits, if you dont love how it fits maybe consider a TOJ.

it's more exposure than anything but i always feel like TOJ is for "modern" fitting (aka skinny) ppl and not for ogres like us.

it's probably my preference but I also don't enjoy moto style leathers. would take a flying tiger or A2 over a perfecto any day of the week.

can-

Postby starfox64 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:51 pm

i wouldn't wear a toj for actual motorcycling, unless you're going to do one of the special ones that drew talked about with the armor built in

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby hirokinakamura » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:16 am

uh wut

buy a schott duh or buy from some other actual moto leather company

riding in a non-horsehide/armoured toj sounds like a terrible idea. for that matter so does buying from toj. fuck toj. fuck drew. fuck dan. fuck charly. fuck willy. fuck the girl who does the emails. fuck the whole goddamn thing.

anyway if youre serious about riding don't be an idiot and get a shit jacket that will get fucked up and give you zero protection WHEN NOT IF you take a spill or get into a crash. i swear to god if you die i will bring you back to life and strangle you with an inis meain scarf.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:41 am

just gonna be a light casual motorcycle. more of a moped.

good thoughts on toj tho, thanks zach

RycePooding

Postby potsticker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:50 am

Why do you hate toj so much?

potsticker

Postby starfox64 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:06 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 am

the other day there was this old guy standing in line at the supermarket. his outfit looked vaguely something like this:

jacket was carhartt. boots were timberlands. the shirt he was wearing had an awesome texture to it. Everything he was wearing was beaten to hell.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby whinefields » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 pm

i want to buy white sneakers - i'm looking at cps and replicas.

but also, why? why spend so much? all i do is spend. maybe i need to do this no cop. can that actually lead to happiness?

whinefields

Postby can- » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:43 pm

what about your eighties sneakers ?? already bored?

I'm gonna get some white vans next summer and be easy

can-

Postby bels » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 pm

no cop leads to lots of stuff.

try it out, what do you stand to lose? Go until December 24th

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags