[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby rjbman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Went to lunch with the family at this really cool German place; awesome food and great atmosphere. Some guy in his 80s walked in with a blue down vest over a thick forest green ribbed sweater, blue jeans, and worn boots. Stylin as fuck.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby can- » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:33 pm

I was checking out sales @ chcm and two Asian dudes give me dap for my acronym bag, pretty cool, then they started talking about techwear and not being 'about that antifit life' (seriously)

things got too real too quick and I had to leave

can-

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:15 pm

No cop + selling shit has been the most amazing experience for me.

edit: watching ellen, she's wearing cdg.

RycePooding

Postby teck » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:24 pm

ben were the asian dudes mad young lil kids in black? were they like 15? theres a crew of them that run around SoHo like some Mad Max-style tribe of murderous scavenger kids.

#Datantifitlife
#bigandbigandbigandbig

teck

Postby soundclip989 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:10 pm

That's awesome. I imagine them jumping kids wearing ties with vests and denim.

soundclip989

Postby oieoou » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 am

oieoou

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:07 am

i have a confession
which is that

sometimes i look at the cdg play striped shirts and think "man, that looks pretty cool"

i just think the icon is cute and i love striped shirts and i think it's funny to have this weirdly-shaped heart and damn it i like tiny adorable logos i'm gonna set up an ebay saved search for this shit

#brandwhore #yolo

schiaparelli

Postby oieoou » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:34 am

I will admit a guilty pleasure of mine is a pair of CDG chucks, oh man I want a pair. But to me the heart logo isnt enough for me to justify spending the money for. I excuse myself for my inflammatory comment to whomever neg'd me.

oieoou

Postby oieoou » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:15 am

Really want a wide brimmed hat like you see in female street style pics

oieoou

Postby bels » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:36 am

Everytime I go into COS I see a different girl wearing a wide brimmed hat. Never see them out in the wild.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 am

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby germinal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:22 am

i own a CdG Play polo shirt

germinal
Garminlad

Postby RycePooding » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 am

It was cdg play, on ellen.

What's the problem with it? I had no idea there was any sort of stigma. I'm clueless.

RycePooding

Postby starfox64 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:12 am

huge branding

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby smiles » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am

to be fair the cdg converse and regular converse look a bit different. cdg one is cleaner (aside from the heart)

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby potsticker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:48 am

I don't have a problem with expensive things/branding in general, but paying several times as much for converse with a logo that screams how much they cost rubs me the wrong way and defeats the basic cool of the shoes. They are somewhat different looking, but that's definitely not what catches the eye.

potsticker

Postby teck » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:55 am

i get that, but we all have to admit its got a very unusual staying power. otherwise why are there countless arguements about them. i think the color is cool, the shoe shape is clearner, the heart is cute and honestly they're not THAT much more than a regular pair. they're essentially double the price. i feel sometimes cdg should have made them $500 just to shut everyone up and elevate them into some kind of ridiculousness.

teck

Postby smiles » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:03 pm

wacko maria cons are cooler tho.

huhwot has a pair.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 pm

schiaparelli

Postby b4my » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:27 pm

I like the heart logo and people who buy cdg play are just putting money towards mainline developing cooler stuff, so who cares?

b4my

Postby sensodyne » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:26 pm

On the topic of shoes. I want cooler ones, but i alwasy feel weird wearing shoes that gather too much attention :/

sensodyne

Postby Syeknom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 pm

What cooler shoes? In my experience:

- shoes don't generate much attention for me

- weirding people out is fun

Syeknom

Postby hmwut » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:13 pm

i have a soft spot for cons. the only thing that kept me from getting a pair for so long were the stripes on the sole. that, and the stitching always bugged me. i didn't like the heart on cdg cons, but the clean profile was exactly what i wanted. luckily i came across my wacko maria cons on rak, and got the best of both worlds.

imo, the minor changes make a world of a difference. the extra layer on the sole is also an interesting detail. i can't find any trace of these things anywhere else on the internet except for rak, so hopefully these will hold up for awhile. they've been great so far and have plenty of life left, they feel much more substantial than regular cons.

on a side note, converse has been doing alot of cool things lately, specifically with their First String program. alot of cool spins on chucks/jacks, and collabs with artists.

bosey boot
chaz b

older but deadstock appeared on end, con x n(n)

hmwut

Postby oieoou » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:53 pm

uhnnnnnfffff I really like those wako maria cons, whered you come across them?
n(n) cons are sick, offset lacing is so cool

oieoou

Postby Rosenrot » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:00 pm

LV's larger than life trunk in Russia. Wonder if Putin's a fan of the brand.

If those logos were windows it might be a fun place to live in.

Rosenrot

Postby sensodyne » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:11 am

syeknom, Nothing in particular but overall more interesting shoes. My shoes have alwasy been pretty simple, basic, and cheap, which isnt an issue really, but I can barely stand even wearing white shoes because of the attention they draw.

Fashion shoes are kinda weird to me, ive always liked them and wouldnt mind owning some of them but to me they are the thing that i feel makes people think 'that guy is into shoes/clothes/fashion' as opposed to 'that guy looks cool.' Which again isnt an issue really. None the less there are some i really enjoy and want to own. Perhaps i should just stop overthinking things.

sensodyne

Postby smiles » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:08 am

who dares to take on black in sknss one color one comment thread??

Blacker than the nighttime sky of Bed-Stuy in July
Blacker than the seed in the blackberry pie
Blacker than the middle of my eye

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:32 am

What the fuck is up with Paul Smith? On what basis was he knighted? Why are their like 15 different lines for his stuff? Is any of it good or is it all in that realm of vaguely fashionable relatively low risk "nice" gear that Mr. P makes a living off of?

ramseames

Postby Syeknom » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:12 am

A lot of his upper end stuff is very nice - suiting for example. I really like his floral designs as well - safe stuff generally but with just enough personality to be interesting and with a signature style. Of course many of his lines put out a lot of tat too.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:08 am

I have two psmith jumpers that are decent.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags