[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby b4my » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:24 pm

whenever i listen to the clipse i have an overwhelming urge to buy lots of bape stuff and then it pretty much subsides as soon as the album finishes.

b4my

Postby can- » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:13 am

runners are the most stylish footwear in NYC for both genders, (from my perspective) by a large margin

women wear them mostly with tights, men wear them with jeans, everyone wears them with 3/4 length parkas. is this going on anywhere else?

can-

Postby starfox64 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:15 am

nbs and frees are popular here in similar situations, but gazelles are more popular than both

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby rjbman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:31 am

Trying to find a new pair of jeans; part of the problem is that I don't quite know the cut I want, because I only have a single pair to really compare to. I can say that a few pairs I really want (looking at you JBxMomo going to battle) just are too fucking skinny, and a few that I'd be alright with (Gustin straight) are a bit on the large side. I need to figure out exactly what I need in a pair, and consolidate that with my budget.

As of right now my biggest options are Gustin straight and UB221. Part of the problem is that I'm still working out and trying to put on weight so what fits me now won't fit me in a year. At the same time, I'm reaching the point where my only nice pair of jeans won't fit me anymore. Open to any and all feedback.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby SteevMike » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:25 pm

SteevMike

Postby purkinje » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:07 pm

I feel like I need to take advantage of these black friday sales but nothing I particularly want is on sale :(

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby Syeknom » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:10 pm

You don't need to take advantage of black friday sales.

Syeknom

Postby RycePooding » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Rjb- 501s. They are jeans kings.

RycePooding

Postby maj » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:40 pm

blackfriday/midseason sales is to trick you into buying what you want now before store have to discount it to a juicy 40%+ off in december/january

maj

Postby teck » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:42 pm

i was at a coffee place and in walk these 5 really cool asian people. early twenties. had on a lot of really nice pieces, most of which i couldnt place. they looked rich. not the way poor people try to look rich, or even the way artsy/fashion people try to look upscale. they looked like they had grown up with luxury. one had an atelier shopping bag. they spoke american english without accents.

i couldn't help but wonder who they were, where they were going, how they found each other, how they could afford to dress the way they do, if they were on any fashion forums, what they do for a living, if they get hyped about the same things, if they were were from overseas or were US natives, how did they like their coffee, what they'd be like to hang out with...

teck

Postby oieoou » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:50 pm

that outfit the girl is wearing is so cool, I want to have a girlfriend and subtly coerce her into dressing like that

also I want a pair of Vis fbt's and wear them w/o the fringe

oieoou

Postby charybdis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:01 am

Huh, their clothes don't even look asian nouveau riche.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby schiaparelli » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:35 pm

christmas is coming up. what's a good gift to give to someone you have recently started dating? was thinking socks or octopus memorabilia (mugs or art prints or whatnot)

schiaparelli

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby thomaspaine » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Looking Hot Topic is a good thing now?

thomaspaine

Postby kyung » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:21 pm

something personalized would be cool, what are some of his interests? then try getting something personalized within that hobby/interest

i also like practical gifts, cute stuffed animals are nice and all but when you gift me something I'll use everyday/frequently I'll think of the person that gave it to me that much more

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby whinefields » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:26 pm

whinefields

Postby maj » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 pm

felt up a bunch of norse/ apc/ carharrt wip today and came to the conclusion uniqlo and pocketing the change is better, on the other hand handling some y-3 it's completely changed my perception, some of the jackets were very impressive.

also changed my mind on store front brands like paul smith, mcqueen ect realizing that the people who shop there are not only looking for a 'look' but also an experience. some guy walked into paul smith dressed fairly eccentric and asked the s/a to help him find a black shirt, they talked for a while showed a range of options and went through what worked with it and he walked out happy. if you've got the money i can see why that is very appealing for the price tag. places like hackett were handing out free drinks and had lush leather furnishings, which was a stark contrast to places which sold brands 'hyped on the internet' oc, the hideout ect are all relied on the customer knowing what they wanted while s/a's twiddled their thumbs and looked annoyed when people did ask them about stuff.

maj

Postby thomaspaine » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:27 pm

I caved and got a hitler youth haircut / high and tight / undercut whatever the fuck it's called. Just so bored of having the same haircut for 8 years. Girlfriend says it makes me look less intimidating and scary, still trying to decide if I like that or not.

Almost everyone at my gym has some variation of this haircut so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get made fun of.

thomaspaine

Postby Syeknom » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Syeknom

Postby teck » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:52 pm

i've debated going back and doing retail as a career. i love the idea of being an expert in something, even if its essentially being a very good salesman, of teaching someone how to look or understand or wear something, and i love the ritual of good service. i'd probably be a good butler.

several of my friends are managers at big stores and they make about as much as i do, maybe a bit more. store managers in nyc can break six figs.

brooks brothers flagship has an "experience" (their fourth floor where black fleece is has a pool table and a TV and all that shit) but for some reason i get a weird jizz there. its like all the SAs have been there for way too long and you get a sense its literally an old boy's club. still a cool space.

Club monaco on 5th ave got remodeled and has a bookstore and coffee shop in it. its kinda funny because the space is gorgeous, the staff are friendly and hip, but the clothes is still just club monaco.

the prada store in soho is like 80s lux rich -- lots and lots of thick wall to wall carpeting, gold fixtures every damn place, mirrored surfaces. u want to do blow in it.

teck

Postby thomaspaine » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:55 pm

If I can ever afford a butler you're on the shortlist.

thomaspaine

Postby oieoou » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:25 pm

oieoou

Postby teck » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:52 pm

nah i really like club monaco, they have a bit more of a fashion look than jcrew of uniqlo. for example this season they've got this whole range of sleek black clothes that clearly been inspired by Patrick Ervell, AWang, etc. they take more chances with their suiting too.

I say their weakness is that theres not really a Club Monaco look. Jcrew has a look thats very tied into the zeitgeist and it works. club monaco tries out a bunch of different stuff and ends up muddling things sometimes and the pricepoint gets weird -- its too expensive for a basic but CM doesn't position itself as a high fashion place.

teck

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

I agree w/ you about price-point. I think a lot of their jackets and suiting are appealing but, knowing what it is, at like 40% off probably. But they do try to have a more fashion focused look than relatively stale prep wear. I think it only gets muddled because they have to sell a bunch of other shit that doesn't fit in with what their designers probably want the store to look like for the next handful of seasons. But ya gotta get that dough and cool jackets that are aimed at people on the internet is probably not the way to do it.

SisterRayVU

Postby midvh » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:32 am

How is the sizing on Ann D shoes? TTS? Slightly larger?

midvh

Postby Syeknom » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:42 am

Seem to recall them being larger than advertised when i last tried one on, think i went a size down and found a good fit.

Syeknom

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:21 pm

I've been getting really interested in both Stephan Schneider and Patrik Ervell recently, the Schneider love has been going on for awhile but for some reason I'd never looked too much into Ervell. I was just wondering what brands do you guys feel could potentially have good synergy with those two? I've been obsessing over Schneider's knits a lot in particular, just so good and interesting in terms of the materials and texture.

Stopped by Haberdash in Chicago while I was on break, was having lunch with my sister at Quartinos right across the street (really good and pretty nicely priced too!) so I thought I'd drop in quickly. Was pretty crowded since it was Black Friday but it seemed pretty cool, handled some W+H stuff that seemed nice and got to check out this awesome S.N.S Breton hoodie that was on sale for a really good price, shame I had no money since I'd have loved to pick it up, was basically a cooler version of this J.Crew one I have. The wool on the S.N.S felt so great and it just looked awesome.

Mippipopolous

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:34 pm

I feel like I'm missing out every time anybody posts something like this. The only time I've handled nicer/higher-end/designer clothing in a store or at all was at a Y-3 in Miami. Every nice piece that I own has been ordered online. I wish there were an easy way/excuse to go to NY or SF or Chicago and actually check some things out in store. The only place I know of in Atlanta is Sid Mashburn.

UnwashedMolasses

PreviousNext

Return to Tags