[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby teck » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am

teck

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Sometimes I wish I had skinny legs. There's a few things I've seen look really good just walking around that I'd love to try but can't. Especially some shoes : I've seen black Vans more often than I ever expected to, and I'm definitely attracted to off-white Converse hi-tops, but both are shoes that (IMO) look best at the end of a skinny straight line. Oh well, grass is always greener and such.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby omgimacarrot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Hey guys new around here.

I can't seem to like loose fitting clothing on me no matter what it is. I love slouchy fits and nothing is clicking. How can I hate fitted clothes?

omgimacarrot

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:04 pm

What is it that you dislike about it? Are you not comfortable with the excess fabric? Is everything you're wearing loose?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Syeknom » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Syeknom

Postby omgimacarrot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:32 pm

omgimacarrot

Postby rjbman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:42 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Syeknom » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Syeknom

Postby can- » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:59 pm

ervell and SEH Kelly could also look really good together considering they both favor beveled corners, soft edges and generally round geometry

can-

Postby RycePooding » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm back to: uniqlo x levis x nike everyday. Feels right, man.

RycePooding

Postby kyung » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:21 pm

going to school in bumfuck nowhere makes me wonder about the reach of certain "internet brands" that aren't as ubiquitous. like, i'll ask myself, "am i the only one on campus with an undercover shirt? or even a supreme tee?" i suppose supreme would be less of a stretch, but looking at how other people dress on campus i wonder how far i'd have to go to find another person who'd even recognize certain brands

the most i've seen at my school is the cdg heart and some supreme box logo hats and an originalfake tee with some kaws artwork on it

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby omgimacarrot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:08 pm

omgimacarrot

Postby trav » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 pm

trav

Postby thomaspaine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:38 pm

thomaspaine

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:11 pm

agreed. after some time/thought i've realized there are certain fits i can't get behind because of how they articulate certain proportions & silhouette. but i think a lot of it too is that i have some latent "must look as thin as possible" mindset going on, and whenever i let go of it i realize i like super loose pants and the decrease in apparent slimness is irrelevant and also more than made up for by FEELING TWICE AS COOL

on the womenswear side there is this intense focus on finding "flattering" fits, "slimming" pieces, dressing for your "body type"; and so i think this creates a particular attitude of fear towards subverting traditional shapes. a lot of the language for women's fashion advice is couched in the assumption that everyone is moving towards this default-idealized silhouette (tall slim leggy hourglass kinda thing). what was always interesting for me was seeing people first discover how to own fashion & style to make themselves look as they wanted (but usually in the slim-hourglass model), and then be able to deconstruct and dump perceptions of what a feminine body should look like and explore ways of subverting trad body standards & stereotypes

it's interesting because i used to give a lot of advice on "here's how to accentuate your bust", "here's how to balance out your hips", "here's how to lengthen your legs" but sometimes i wonder if i'm reinforcing what people "should" look like instead of impressing people with the capability to explore proportions and silhouette through fashion cues

schiaparelli

Postby SisterRayVU » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:21 am

SisterRayVU

Postby teck » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:20 pm

teck

Postby thug » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 pm

just wanted to say i'm really enjoying this place.

I was looking for somewhere to expand my knowledge and this is perfect.

thank you basedgod

thug

Postby Capt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Rick sneakers are surprisingly useful in ice and snow. It's the ripple sole I guess.

Capt

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:18 pm

ohnodeadchickens

Postby bels » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Living in Cambridge makes me want to wear more rebellious stuff but I'm not a very rebellious person so it's a problem.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby b4my » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:05 pm

I love walking around my home city and getting stares but I hate walking around my college campus and getting stares.

I guess cause one seems more encouraging re:self-expression and whatnot, and it's more alienating to get stared at by people you might have classes with than people you'll never see again so I tone it down more when I'm in school.

But it's been good at helping me realize that I don't want attention for attention's sake but it's very liberating to not care what people think. Like I live in a suite w/ 7 other people and they're largely pretty typical frat bros (nice guys though) and I used to worry that they'd be rude if I was walking around in a scoopy t-shirt or whatever but I have to live with them until the end of next semester and my personality/interests are going to come out no matter what so fuck it.

b4my

Postby can- » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:55 pm

with few exceptions, stand collars don't belong on unhooded coats or jackets and toggle coats shouldn't have zips

can-

Postby omgimacarrot » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:03 pm

omgimacarrot

Postby pips » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:39 pm

I guess it's easier for me because I'm female and it's not in our culture to go up to people and accost them because of what they're wearing. I've gotten stares and rude comments as I walked by and I deal with this by having earphones plugged in at all times. Probably the worst incident was when I had a mid-forehead blunt fringe; there was this homeless guy who used to hang out at the train station entrance I go to every morning and taunt me by calling me a "rockstar," complete with hand signs. This went on for about a week or two everyday until he probably got tired because I just ignored him but I really wanted to pay some thug to punch his face or something. My friends are more receptive and largely accepting because they themselves wear unusual styles and loud hairstyles. It helps we all met in art school and work in design plus there's always safety in numbers.

This is a bit of a paradox for me because I dont dress the way I do to attract attention or to incite emotion in other people. I understand it's contradicting to say I dont want attention but I deliberately dress differently from most people. I dress this way because I like the way it looks and I feel good in it, but I have to admit the negative response of people does put a damper on my confidence a little bit. I could complain all I want but the reality is people will react negatively to things they are unfamiliar with and with the way I dress it's inevitable. Reconciling this fact and my aversion to attention is a struggle; either I grow a tougher skin and roll with it or dress to blend in with the crowd and feel miserable about the way I look.

pips

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:09 am

SisterRayVU

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:05 am

I live in a tiny rural town in Canada, I've been given death glares for wearing a button-down shirt, skinny jeans and desert boots. Mainly by really old people.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:31 am

Saw some Chinese international guy in Prada creepers. I only now realized how weird they look like in real life. He also had some weird shirt that reminded me of those all-over prints/Givenchy-esque sort of shirts, except it was only on the sleeves.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:19 am

Serious question, who is is buying this? What is the target market?

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/band_ ... lava/87972

thomaspaine

PreviousNext

Return to Tags