[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby bels » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 am

I kind of really want to buy some of those uniqlo airism shirt collar polos. Would go great with my IT core blousons + active lifestyle.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby JewTurk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Any of you all have depop stores that you really enjoy/frequent?

JewTurk

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 pm

the imogene and willie pants i bought that felt huge a few years ago almost feel too slim

is this what it's like to get old

ramdomthought

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:43 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Julio » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:30 am

^south2west8 becoming less niche?

feels like it's already happening

Julio

Postby sagc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:10 am

I'm not sure that s2w8 makes sense beyond their tote bags and tees. I'm a big fan, but I don't think their outerwear, for example, is ever going to be easy to find.

Of course, I just ordered a Article. No.9 tote, so I'm certainly encouraging it.

sagc

Postby weqe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:16 am

will other workwear brands do a wip type deal or just take cooler product shots

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby kickingthefly » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:43 am

had an email exchange w helmut lang last week

kickingthefly

Postby nope » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:11 am

nope

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:34 am

bought some cav empt pants and i don't think the guy is going to ship them

but at some level i feel like i should have expected this. its in the damn name

mc-lunar

Postby norman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:53 pm

catching up on 6 pages of this thread has left me feeling withered and tired

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby smiles » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 pm

I ate some squash grown in helmut lang's garden last weekend - pretty sure that's cooler/tastier.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby sknss » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:42 am

Helmut Land told me his secret cold brew recipe

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby coolteen49 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:50 pm

coolteen49

Postby Iliam » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:49 am

friday

Iliam

Postby vice » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 pm

inadvertently bought the worst colorway for the vans x engineered garments drop smh

vice

Postby popcorn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:35 am

fit pictures are too easy... they need to be activated. at least dive in your fit or something

popcorn

Postby jpag » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:12 pm

After patiently waiting I finally got my shoes like pottery in the mail, purchased for a cool $60 from ebay.

They look even better in real life but...
...they are both right shoes.

Can I wear them anyways and call it fashion

update:

lol

jpag

Postby kremvax » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:56 pm

and feel such relief that it has finally gone up

&
kremvax

Postby Julio » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:18 am

wondering where people are at when dealing with knee pleats/darts
such as:

(this only applies to double pleat/dart setups + for brevity i will refer to darts/pleats as d/p)

do you have it such that when you're standing your knee is dead center of the four d/p?
or do you have it so that your knee is lined up/closer to the upper d/p?

i personally do the latter. my logic is that when i flex or bend my knee a good amount the pant comes up a bit and thus my knee is sitting dead center of the d/p setup when i am squatting, or skipping steps, or bringing my knees higher than i have any reason to.

what about you guys

Julio

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:20 pm

do you think it's vapid to be invested in fashion w/o diving into the relevant social/economic/environmental issues? i guess this sort of falls under the larger umbrella of "are clothes merely just clothes, or vehicles for discussion" types of questions...

interested in hearing peoples thoughts

as a sorta related aside i'm grateful forums still exist that extend the discussion beyond the "nice fit follow me back" comments on instagram

fun_yunchables

Postby Eddie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 am

Eddie

Postby weqe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:31 pm

best way to deal with the ethical quandries of fashion consumption is just only buying used, get a nice clean sidestep around any kind of moral turmoil

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby bels » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 am

Ah but if you look dope do you not then encourage others to consume?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm

clothes bad

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby Julio » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 am

Julio

Postby 106-2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 am

106-2

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:47 pm

some good discussion, thanks!

i bring up this topic after seeing a video of a white supremacist wearing FUBU shoes

There is obviously a disconnect between the wearer’s beliefs and what I believe to be an inherent nature to the shoes being from FUBU. One can certainly argue that as a purely functional object, the shoes carry no social message. I’m more in the camp of seeing objects transcending functionalism and possessing an imbued ‘soul.’ So from my perspective, vapidness definitely exists for those who refuse to engage in clothes outside of surface aesthetics (not to say vapidness is good or bad, everyone has a different goal in fashion and style).

fun_yunchables

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm

reminds me of when new balance expressed support for trump after the election – in reality the move was purely mercenary, as NB was hoping to become the official trainer of the military after being snubbed by the obama administration, but because of NB's cultural reputation as the quintessential "dad sneaker" and all the connotations of whiteness that come with that it became a popular shoe in certain right-wing circles

but honestly anyone that would seriously argue that clothes can be removed from cultural/social/political/economic context just hasn't thought too hard about it. ask anyone if white people should wear dashikis, or look at all the guys that want to wear bandanas in their pockets until they learn what that means as code in some gay subcultures (or as flag-hanging among certain gangs)

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby INNIT » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Last edited by INNIT on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
INNIT

PreviousNext

Return to Tags