[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 pm

That's a good point ramdom, the amount of time between when an idea breaks new ground and when it has been thoroughly seen, understood, copied, and monetized is dramatically shorter with the flow of information nowadays.

Following is made as a statement for ease's sake, please disagree with me.

The scope of brands like Bless/CWLS/Kapital are groundbreaking because most designers/brands sell an ideal/imagined self. A collection is displayed with the idea that buy buying the look, you're becoming the individual that the designer is idealizing. Bless/CWLS/Kapital are unique in fashion and similar to each other in the sense that they all sell a culture or a mindset more than an individual. The fit/pieces might be copied but they embody something more than simply what is in their clothing.

Are there any other brands that do the same that I'm missing?

ben (or anyone), w/r/t Raf - do you believe he's still to this day pushing the boundaries? Or are there enough imitators that to significantly break from them would be to break away from his design ethos? For that matter, what is Raf's design ethos? I've read up on his history but the difference between early 2000's collections and current ones seems quite large, especially with how much tailoring is now used. Admittedly, I'm young and my sightline on this stuff is relatively short.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby maj » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 pm

was looking for a new avatar and suddenly found ant and decs leaked supreme pics

maj

Postby kyung » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 pm

is there a sandal thread yet?

these rule

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Blastoise » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 pm

I need this.

Still can't find a plain black jacket anywhere.

Anyone have any recommendations for "interesting" scarves under $100? I'm thinking about just buying a $10 military surplus shemagh for next fall/winter, and possibly trying to make my own.

Really like this from Our Legacy:

Blastoise

Postby swatfishy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 am

Some COS pieces available at Opening Ceremony, I want their full collection god dammit

Ladies
https://www.openingceremony.us/products ... nerid=1892

Mens
https://www.openingceremony.us/products ... nerid=1892

swatfishy

Postby hamburgerlady » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:39 am

hamburgerlady

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:23 am

spent an hour last night trying to find sk8 his in white in my size. finally found at zappos, which oddly enough (for how relatively popular it is) was on page 4 of google search results. Mentally exhausting.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby arcticsound » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Try living in Canada. I did the same thing, only to realize in the end that Zappos doesn't even ship to me :'(

arcticsound

Postby rublev » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't usually go for printed sweats but this wood wood one oh my god i really want it :(

...existential euro crisis steeze

rublev
Political Editor

Postby absurdmind » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:54 pm

so im on summer break now and i guess ill start going to bars/clubs occasionally, havent really been yet. how do you all dress when you go? are polos ok? im a bit worried about the formality aspect

absurdmind

Postby rublev » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:13 pm

That COS women's parka is seriously so so good. More white outwear

Need to find a men's version of this. Or at least try it on in a large size to see how it looks.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby arcticsound » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Haha wait, are you the same from re ddit? If so, there aren't many clubs worth going to in the peg. If you're gonna go to Whisky Dix, Alive, Stereo, or any of the other typical clubs and you're really concerned about what to wear, just wear an oxford or polo with whatever you'd normally wear, but those places are seriously the bottom of the barrel in terms of nightlife here. Don't think many clubs here can really afford to turn too many people away just because of dress codes.

In terms of where and when to go (I know, you didn't ask, but bars here really really suck if you don't know what's going on), try . Most of their events are pretty fun and not just generic club nights, and they have good bands sometimes. Also there's no dress code or anything. Greenroom is okay sometimes, but only if you're fine with a more clubby feel. They'll be a little bit selective with who they let in if it's busy, but generally it's chill.

The actual good party spots these days are smaller bars and art spaces/warehouses that have shows. For bars, The Windsor, and sometimes The Cavern, and The Zoo/Ozzy's have good shows, and for art/warehouse/loft spaces, The Purple Room, 72 Princess, The Grave are doing lots of cool weirder parties. The Park Theatre, and The Pyramid have cool shows sometimes too, but not often. It's worth finding out who the popular bands and DJs are around here and keeping up with them. There's usually at least one big show or club night every weekend.

Some good parties to look out for are Grippin' Grain (club rap/hip-hop), Magik Trix (weird trendy stuff), One Deeper (trap, deep house, etc.), Together (house, some club stuff), and Purple Haze.

There are also a couple cool afterhours places around. They're fun if you like dancing until 5am. One of them is just behind the Mulvey Flea Market building on Osborne (beside the transit station). They go every Friday and Saturday I think. There was also a place in the West End that was really popular, but it just closed for a while. It might be opening up again soon though.

lol didn't mean to write a winnipeg party guide, but whatever. hope it's helpful.

arcticsound

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 pm

As I go through the women's stuff at the salvation army o realize that Paul harnden's aesthetic is thrifted women's clothing

ramdomthought

Postby starfox64 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:50 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby absurdmind » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:28 pm

absurdmind

Postby arcticsound » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 pm

, ya I was.

And yeah, no problem. Lots of people shit-talk nightlife here because they don't know there's anything going on outside of the club scene, and, as a musician who's played pretty much everywhere you could think of, that kind of makes me sad. Union is pretty much the big bar that almost everyone can find a reason to go to right now, so it's a nice way to be introduced to the scene. You'll meet people and see really good local bands there, then you can kinda follow them around to other venues that you might not have known about before. Winnipeg is good for that since it's so small.

I wouldn't recommend going to Cowboys though haha but I guess I'm the kind of person who can't handle clubs unless I'm with a bunch of people and I'm, like, really hammered.

Maybe I'll start seeing you around! I'll start shooting off creepy winks to anyone I see in mono docs haha

arcticsound

Postby RomanEmpire » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Sometimes I just want to wear my gym clothes everywhere because it's so comfortable

RomanEmpire

Postby insted » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:03 pm

when does the kop end? where we going? where did we start?

insted

Postby Blastoise » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Suddenly this week I've been really wanting Y-3 high tops (white or black) and Birkenstock Arizona's (gray or mocha). Don't know why. Think I might aim for them over the summer.

Made a quick grid to sort of organize my thoughts and so on, I think this is the general direction that I'm going in. Thoughts?

Blastoise

Postby arcticsound » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:17 pm

So glad it's finally spring. I've been waiting too long to break out the dickie's work socks + roshe run ultimate foot comfort combo.

arcticsound

Postby frogosaurus » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 pm

To jump on the sandal bandwagon, this pic of Daiki Suzuki is the best thing I've seen all week

frogosaurus

Postby deadkitty » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:31 pm

deadkitty

Postby eufemism » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:09 am

@frogosaurus pshhh, Daiki Suzuki doesn't even reach the levels of this guy from sufu

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby eufemism » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 am

@unwashedmolasses SUZUKI AINT GOT THE BUCKET THO

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby Blastoise » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 am

Blastoise

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:47 am

The shoes don't really go with the shirt and jacket. They seem really out of place because they're kind of "techy" shoes. The fit you posted looks good though

RomanEmpire

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:19 am

For me the OL is a linen chore style jacket that has a certain jizz... will look amazing crinkled with other washed out colours and fabrics etc... the shoes just seem a bit out of place in that (to me). But maybe i'm just being blinded by brand synergy.... just wear what feels good.

And Daiki looks effortless there... the other guy looks a little awkward to me :\ don't really think the bucket hat works that well

rublev
Political Editor

Postby sknss » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:19 am

Remember when you last wrote a post without the word crinkly in it

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:14 am

where can i buy a pair of crinkly curly boots

ramdomthought