[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby can- » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:31 pm

my word

please please let those gloves go to retail

can-

Postby parastexis » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm

http://www.openingceremony.us/entry.asp?pid=5587

Seinfeld x fashion. God I used to be obsessed with that show and like to think it sculptured my sense of humor

parastexis

Postby omgimacarrot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:49 pm

I like when people make fun of me for what I wear.

omgimacarrot

Postby tttigre » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 pm

I don't own a full-length mirror and I can't tell if that's inhibiting or helping me.

若者文化
tttigre

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Not really a fashion thought...

I know the emphasis on this board tends to be on quality, durability, etc., but I recently went to Forever 21 and I was blown away by their clothes. I tend to get most of my wardrobe second hand so I hadn't been into Forever 21 in 3-4 years. Their regular line, called "Forever 21", isn't great quality/on par with the pricing, but their more mature line, "Love 21", is actually fantastic. I posted a waywt a couple days ago and everything I'm wearing except for the jacket is from the Love 21 line. Fully lined, heavy weight material without any loose seams. The garments look well made and don't have that "cheap" look that a lot of fast fashion brands have. Everything I bought has washed well. I tried on some of the basics (t-shirts, sweaters) from Love 21 and they are cut well, drape nicely, and are made of nice material. It is better quality than some fast fashion brands that I've encountered such as H&M and Zara. The kimono I posted in my waywt was about ~25 dollars and I would comfortably pay 3x+ that. Obviously F21 isn't comparable to garments that are actually constructed to last, but for fast fashion, I was extremely surprised and impressed.

Just a heads up for any ladies that have overlooked F21 in the past because of their reputation for poorly constructed clothing.

sparkyoriental

Postby hooplah » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 pm

do you think stella mccartney listens to disclosure?

hooplah

Postby maj » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:39 pm

was thinking yesterday about how 1.5 years ago i'd be sitting at my pc browsing the same forums i do now but be saying 'how are these guys wearing baller gear in all their fits, must be minted', was confusing to me at the time how people seemingly a little older than me were wearing over a k in clothes every day. fast forward to now i was sitting there planning what to wear for the week and i was listing off shit like rick, cpc, cps ect and it hit me that i'd become one of these people, even with a hint of will power and a moderate income anyone can build up a pretty strong wardrobe.

then i looked to the future and thought 'what if i never stopped collecting', my wardrobe would be huge, filled with grails on grails and endless seasons of designer gear like my own personal archive. i can barely wear all of what i own now after a year and a half so the thought of having 3, 5 even 10 more years of this stuff was horrifying, especially if i carry on the way i am. the obvious next step is to suddenly stop buying but i don't think that would achieve much as i'd only hoard something else, but i have to ask people who have been doing this for longer than me, what does your wardrobe look like? do you purge every few years and completely rebuild, do you keep collecting in almost and archive of 5 closets or did you just stop?

maj

Postby teck » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm

thats the thing about grails and wardrobes -- your tastes will change just as surely as you will change. its ludicrous to think that you won't change or grow in the next 10, 5, 3 years. or next few months. its going to happen. i used to be super deep into menswear and suitting and now im slowly getting rid of that shit. the other day i thought about selling my aldens, which were for 6 months a grail of mine.

i worry about this alot: that i spend tons of money to get one particular look, then inevitably get bored and spend tons more on another. i think you have to learn a bit about not getting too hyped on stuff, learn that this ultimately should be fun and creative, and if it's not then it's a problem.

ultimately i've kept a few "holy" pieces that i have just because they're so dope, even tho i never wear them.

teck

Postby rublev » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:37 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 am

Legoland mate. That's where majax's millions came from.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:04 pm

finally got some ramones. its funny when you finally get something. of course you're excited, but theres that other part of your head thats like "THIS IS WHAT ALL THE FUSS WAS ABOUT??"

the beast beckons

teck

Postby SisterRayVU » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:02 am

Just got a white Ann D shirt from Derk and to be fair, I don't know what I was expecting. It's fine but it's just a white shirt with french button cuffs. I like how it looks with the sleeves rolled up but I don't think I can wear a jacket over it really. It's still cold here so that's unfortunate but at least I have something to look forward to playing with in the spring.

SisterRayVU

Postby starfox64 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 am

Hooplah is going to ask what it smells like

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby SisterRayVU » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:24 am

SisterRayVU

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:45 am

hamburgerlady

Postby teck » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:12 pm

I went to The Firm, a cobbler in NYC who has a strong reputation on the internet for being experts at repairing rick sneakers.

They were pretty awesome. my ricks are pretty new so when the guys saw it they just put clear taps on the heel and toe and called it a day. 8 bucks. they said it wasn't necessary to do anything else.

it was hilarious because literally right after finishing my work (they did it on the spot, took 5 minutes) one of the cobblers pulled out this old ass pair of PONY HAIR RICK DUNKS. It was awesome seeing this grizzled russian working tenderly on these high fashion shoes. they get rick shoes so much they dont even bat an eye. the shoe was getting a complete resole and having some of bits repaired. someone needs to interview these dudes and get their perspective on these odd rick heads always at their store.

teck

Postby rublev » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Ugh i thought i was in a good place style wise but it feels like it has all crumbled :(

Don't know what to buy :(

Spend most of my time going to the post office to return things :(

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Syeknom » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Standard advice: don't buy! Take time off to reflect and chill

Syeknom

Postby rublev » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah you're probably right. I just felt like i had a good thing going last month... like i knew what i wanted.. but now i'm unsure what i want / can't even find stuff i want anymore. I'm probably thinking about it too much.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 pm

You know what Bublev, I'm feeling the same and for me I think the process of actually buying clothes has made me feel less content. I was more content when I wasn't buying anything. Now that I'm buying things again I'm worrying about what fits, what doesn't, what suits me what doesn't, what should I be buying what "direction" should I be headed etc etc etc forever.

Looking forward to retreating back into the loving arms of cop freeze.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:55 pm

That's definitely how i feel. I need to sit back and let things come to me. I think it's also because i've gone through a wardrobe purge, over the last 4 months or so. I've sold a lot of stuff on eBay etc, and really cut down on the stuff i own. I had things i liked but didn't wear / things i liked but didn't fit etc, and i was pretty brutal and just let them go. So now i have cash and a light wardrobe but it feels like there's nothing i want. Couple that with SALE TIME 70% OFF YEAH WOO! going on right now it feels pretty frustrating that nothing has really worked for me.

What i'm tempted by is one of these YMC knits cos i could do with another thick textured knit in my wardrobe...

Which colour? I kinda wanted the green but i think it looks better in grey. Looks like someone sprinkled it with something. Reminds me of the texture of a Schneider knit from last summer.

or

It also has a cool zip at the neck which you can just about see under all that texture

What i really need to get are some black boots and maybe two pairs of interesting trousers. I think if i got those i would feel more comfortable about what i own / be able to rotate better.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:13 pm

http://uk.drmartens.com/uk/Mens/Mens-Bo ... p/10064001 These black boots are cool.

I don't like YMC (price performance seems off) and would rather you got a COS knit but you probably already checked COS.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby eufemism » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:42 pm

I found an LL Bean henley at a goodwill. It's warm, but my main concern was that a large sized shirt from LL Bean doesn't fit me too bad

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby rublev » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:14 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:30 am

Calf-high cotton socks worn with flannel trousers lined only to the knee is a mistake, mad uncomfortable.

Syeknom

Postby tomsfood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:07 am

I always like my outfits infinitely more at the end of the day. Something will seem off in the mirror in the morning but somehow my perception of what I'm wearing changes and I feel content with it by the time I get home. Dunno really.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:16 am

I tend to like how my outfits look in the mirror, but when I look at pictures it just looks terrible & wrong.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby e0d9n0b5 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:26 am

e0d9n0b5

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:31 am

I feel quite happy wearing 90% of the stuff I've had for the last 10 years. I feel like I discovered my tastes quite early on and I've only added to them rather than changed entirely.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby ramseames » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:24 am

accidentally walked into the press showroom for Carharrtt WIP in harajuku today. 2 dudes there opened the door for me and then the 3rd one who clearly was the only one who spoke english asked if I had an invitation then promptly booted me out. everything i saw in the 15s i was inside for looked identical to their last few seasons. He gave me directions to their storefront but harajuku is a maze and i got distracted and never found it lol

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags