[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby kremvax » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:22 am

"archive girl energy"? does this make anyone else feel bad inside

&
kremvax

Postby maj » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Who tf out there buying neighbourhood like fr

maj

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 pm

i guess twitter ceo jack dorsey is a full rick owens fit guy

it's nice to see those guys have a positive role model like that

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby popcorn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 am

anyone know a market option for a black shoe marketed towards men that is you would say "sexy" (excluding trickers)

popcorn

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:00 am

yo when did eytys start putting out heat

the last time i thought about that brand they were just the Platform Vans brand

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby anth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:41 am

every salomon and asics wearer i talk to keeps trying to deny that they're a hypebeast

anth

Postby Sam » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 am

Peoples thoughts on ?

Started off really liking it but then as I followed the brand on insta and learned more about the designer it just started to leave a very sour taste in my mouth.

The clothes themselves are gorgeous, amazing fabrics, well put together etc

Reminds me a bit of By Walid but more tasteful

However it just, as i mentioned before, feels a little bit wrong? Emily Bode the eponymous designer is essentially an incredibly affluent WASPy person from the east coast of america.

And for her to be making these garments, out of fabrics from india, parts of africa etc just feels so weird to me. Obviously its not just about the fabrics origin its also about the way its all presented and styled, it's all very neo-colonial.

I can't exactly put my finger on it and perhaps i'm overreacting but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Sam

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:33 am

Said it in the comment but I agree. The clothes look good but to be benefiting from the culture and aesthetics of cultures other than your own, particularly when your own people have systemically disenfranchised and colonized the culture that you're farming, is gross to me unless it is very specifically addressed and dealt with. STORY to me is the perfect counterpart to this - uses a lot of textiles/techniques and literal labor from India but always completely centers these laborers and their lives and experiences in every aspect of the garments themselves and the message of the brand.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby popcorn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:59 pm

the 1950-70 bohemian home baggy white short-sleeve collared shirt, overlarge shoulder padded gray suit west coast red-checked table cloth Mad Men Betty Draper aesthetic is never really acerbic enough for me to complain about, the vague sunny nostalgia feels boringly indifferent and away from the present and political

popcorn

Postby WussWayne » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Mysterious Japanese woman rocks up to 's front step one day to help him sort through his Undercover collection.

(Only on Netflix)

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby vice » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 am

vice

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:40 am

depends on where you want to draw the line i suppose. fashion itself is colonial in history — accepted wear is based upon eurocentric standards (while more recently there is more non-euro tailoring, by and large the majority still affirms to accepted eurocentric aesthetics).

i personally find a lot of white designers to be tonedeaf when it comes to appropriation/appreciation tbh. looking at you raf simons. that blade runner inspired show was just major yikes all around screaming of orientalism — who the fuck prints new order and joy division on rice paper lanterns AND employs old folk from chinatown as a gimmick. just yikes. dunno about everyone else’s experiences but ive found that white europeans tend to make more microagressions to people of asian descent than any other continental group (probably not malicious but just basing things off stereotypes?). That and finding high fashion largely centered in europe creates a pervasive hegemony in which other cultures are transformed in aesthetics without context

to conclude fuck D&G (for specifically fuck stefano)

Edit: also not really fashion but man y’all ever touch yoga culture? Some of it legit just white/westernized people adopting Indian aesthetics n maybe one small facet of culture without context. Analogous to what i mean above

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:19 am

Sam

Postby bels » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm

POC swipe left as soon as they see a horse

bels
Yung Winona

Postby deadkitty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 pm

why are croc collabs all so bad

(exception: chris kane)

deadkitty

Postby rjbman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm

because crocs are already perfect and any collab reduces that

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby WussWayne » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:03 am

Julia Holter signed my vinyl and said my floral EG fit was dope. Never wearing anything else.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby WussWayne » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 am

I'm now sharing my jawnz with my friend who's a shoegaze artist/techno dj. This is the clout I was looking for all these years :sweg:

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby Copeland » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:31 am

Tried to go to Bodega in Boston, kept walking around in circles cuz there was no sign, finally found the door, went in, and it was an actual Bodega. I sighed and was gonna get a drink and leave but the counter girl said something like "in case you've never been here before, this place is veeery interesting," I was like cool. Then two seconds later a dude carrying a Bodega bag walks through the backdoor that's covered in stickers. All I could think was what if I was some old white dude decked out in LL Bean, would they have said anything? I know this is supposed to make me feel special for knowing what SISP stands for but it's also a bit snobbish. Ended up kopping for the first time in two years (carhartt pants) out of need, for work. Salespeople were nice. They have good stuff seeing as they are the Haven of USA after all. Though all the good stuff I had to ask to see. I'm gonna stick to online.

Copeland

Postby bels » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 am

Fashion...could be elitist.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hharrissonn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Interested to know what you guys think about Jacquemus Men's after two seasons have been shown and one has officially hit stores.

The SS19 show ("Le Gadjo") wasn't very well received critically but I really liked it. Kind of reminded me of a french version of Stephan Schneider or Dana Lee, very classic looking relaxed styles with some qt detailing and eccentricities. I ended up ordering this shirt and the tiny white shorts (which are silly but I love the idea) online and tried on the knit tank in a store today and liked it enough to buy it.
The FW19 collection was definitely much more well liked, and I'm very into the leather jeans and popover chore coats and bags and stuff, but I have a feeling the price-points (which are already on the upper end of mid-range, around brands like Acne and Our Legacy) are probably going to be higher and I'm going to have to hope that it will hit sales/be available on the second hand market. Luckily they've picked up a solid number of stockists it seems so hopefully they do well because I'm pretty into it tbh.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:21 pm

too many brands incorporating bandanas/bandana patterns into their pieces now. knock it off

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby weqe » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:44 pm

wondering if the workwear thing could be related to the resurgence of the labor movement in the us, really seemed to start hitting mass consciousness (meaning i saw mainline carhartt on hypebeast dudes on the street lmao) around the same time. course carhartt wip and the dickies thing preceded the wider trend, would be interested to see if the lumberjack kickstarter bois of mfa have recovered from the post 2009 recession heritage obsession or not, haven't been doing online for a looong while.

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby Julio » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:50 am

^i think heritage workwear's still been going strong with its die-hard fans (of course), but there's also an interesting resurgence here in the Philippines. i dunno if it's a case of late adapters (maybe) but it's definitely an interesting thing to see. i've also become friends with a local crew who do some really high-quality repro riffs on said workwear (léon denim). p sure they played a big role in helping it pick up here

Julio

Postby swampblood » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:28 pm

There's some powerful Fashion flintstone in my new favorite twitter, which is dutifully chronicling the BIG NIGHT of films from the 90's and early 2000's.

Some Favorites (smiling)
Minority Report: 2002

Mean Girls: 2004

swampblood

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:32 pm

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby WussWayne » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:34 pm

I wonder if there's a thingy for collecting vintage meme-hype clothing. I dunno why one of these beanies suddenly started calling out to me

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby trasparenti » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:16 pm

a bit late but i quite like the Jacquemus menswear stuffs, the presentation didnt really do it justice imo the way it was styled made me think of smth like diesel with the canvas belts and carpenter shorts

in the real its pretty cool, priced well enough for a fashunz brand with nice cuts and dece qual. it's nothing wild but would make for a cool drobe

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:34 pm

my friend just found a hedi DH L-zip for $300 at buffalo exchange (in NYC!)
i'm so fucking mad lmao

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby bels » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:19 am

Shout out to Julio for holding it down in the tropics. I'm at a wedding in South Africa and have sweat straight through my Uniqlo uuuuuu poplin shirt and into my Uniqlo j+ re issue blazer. Sweat marks in the outside of your blazer are not a look.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags