[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby eskdc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:51 pm

My style's starting to coalesce into this weird mix of heritage Americana and mid-90's hip hop

So...basically I'm turning Japanese

eskdc

Postby teck » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Just went to my local urban outfitters as part of my weekly cheap thrills shopping ritual. they've got a whole new shopping section/department/line called Without Walls -- presumably an attempt to capitalize on the health and nature-loving millennial target. the line is composed of colorful exercise apparel pieces a la Lululemon, but also includes a curation of outdoor/exercise brands such as Patagonia (so normcore), Columbia, Asics, and Nike. Prices seem a bit steep (some Without Walls running shorts I saw ran about $35) but the prints are very eye-catching (looking at you, LMFAO).

teck

Postby pips » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:11 am

I'm thinking of mixing some light blue in my wardrobe (partly because I'm bored, but mostly because of these photos from Tibi)

but I actually haven't worn blue jeans in years.

pips

Postby maj » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:48 pm

cant wait till a brit inspired brand makes a inspired version of the leavers hoody, also wish the one i have wasn't bright pink.

should get some ct ones to commemorate a year of existence.

maj

Postby hooplah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:03 pm

comme des garcons encapsulated how monday feels

hooplah

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:39 pm

JonjoShelvey

Postby kyung » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:55 pm

uniqlo knows where the money's at

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby hmwut » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 pm

(oop wrong thread plz move to ramdom thoughts or delete)

hmwut

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:30 am

Did anyone else catch Kanye's DIY band-collar shirt on Seth Meyers earlier this week?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Runningshoes » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Runningshoes

Postby Ampere » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:19 pm

stop trying to make tricky rick happen

Ampere

Postby rublev » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:34 pm

American Apparel regular fit 100 jeans are pretty good. Just got the stone washed black and i'm really impressed. Haven't bought anything from there in a while... but yeah. Denim is pretty thick and sturdy, almost like vintage levis. Really good wash. Fit is tapered but not skinny. Quite a short inseam. I can post a fit pic if anyone is interested.

If you sign up for the newsletter you get 15% off and if you stick your birthday in you get a 30% code as a present (which i did). Turns out to be a decent deal and better than any other washed denim i've seen around for £50.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 pm

dammit i've been after this OL shirt for years and it finally crops up on ebay and i went to bid on it but ebay had signed me out???? like i didn't have time to sign back in the page wouldn't load and then it went for way less than i would have paid :((((

i actually have the red version of this and it's my fave summer shirt. I cut the collar off it last summer and i got so much more wear out of it. 100% linen with quite an open weave... feels quite coarse... crinkles so well, and back when OL sizing was weird and cool so it's really boxy. URGH.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:46 am

it fucking sucks living in a city without any humble / independently owned clothing shops. i have two department stores for designer clothing and i've never been to either of them. everything designer i own is copped via e-g, grailed, quepasa, sufu / styleforum market places, etc.

i want to actually walk into somewhere and approach the piece, admire it, try it out, try and foster a relationship with it before i actually buy it.

i joined no cop thread and i think i'm going to just save save save for a while and hajj for new york. see opening ceremony with my own eyes. i think eventually we'll get something more down to earth but this city as a whole needs to learn how to express themselves (edit: i realize that sounds really tacky and judgemental, but what i mean is that my city is saturated with a lot of 20 somethings that do a LOT of shopping at urban outfitters and thrift stores and end up all looking like derivatives of each other) first and stop fucking with urban outfitters and gaudy "cultural" thrifted clothing. i was purging all my bullshit at a local buffalo exchange and the girl inspecting picked up a shit H&M sweater and was like "oh yea this is a really hot brand right now, these sell really well"

H&M and zara are also both very very popular here. i think people just don't really know any better.

insted

Postby starfox64 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:19 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:25 am

insted

Postby bhajz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:01 am

It's such a bummer when you really love a runway show, and then the collection drops in store and you don't like any of it (I'm looking at you Phillip Lim)

bhajz

Postby sid3000 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:10 am

It's nice to look forward to a mecca store as long as you dont hype it up in your head too much. I think DSM would be more of an experience than OC, but OC may have more of that humility/down-to-earth-factor thing youre looking for? Idk. I like the one in LA a lot.

sid3000

Postby ramseames » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:29 am

ramseames

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:39 am

insted

Postby ramseames » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 am

ramseames

Postby nick » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby agvs » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:17 pm

The best clothes are the expensive clothes that you can treat like cheap clothes.

agvs

Postby maj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Buying shit is the absolute worst part of fashion, if we could set up a wardrobe share/communal wardrobe so I don't have to buy shit to see if I like it, would be amaze. Like one of those teen flicks where they borrow each other's shit for a night out, except on the internet, with strangers, and all over the world, for weeks at a time. This would be my utopian society.

maj

Postby ramseames » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:40 pm

I would be a part of that startup

ramseames

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:25 pm

insted

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:38 pm

insted

Postby ramseames » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

ramseames

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:42 pm

insted

Postby ramseames » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm not but that's all some people can afford and I think its verging on classism to suggest that doing so is < spending $$$.

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags