[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:11 pm

insted

Postby insted » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:19 am

within reason i kind of like it when i buy something worn and find little damages in the garment because i'm not the only one participating in it's natural decay like it's a shared effort idk it feels cool definitely looking forward to seeing that process through start to finish one day though

insted

Postby bels » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

Went on a lunch time walk and someone said my CPs* look a lot like someone else's sketcher shape ups.

Then the owner of sketcher shape ups lamented that her sketcher shape ups were white because white shoes are naff.

Then she said that they always clash with everything, especially black trousers.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 am

On the topic of white shoe anecdotes

The masses hate white sneaks, they just get dirty and look really bright going against everything their mums taught them when buying shoes. Work mates constantly ask how often I clean mine, when the response is rarely it's met with gasps and anger as the ones who enjoy the look enjoy the idea of new, clean shoes more because of what it connotes. Back at Lego bare faux rich working class kids would wipe down their latest Adidas neo/ nike kicks daily, always found it funny sitting there in some beat up muddy af1s sockless.

maj

Postby rjbman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 am

Dunno if you guys remember the white Chucks I wore pretty much daily before I got AF1s. Here's how that ended up coming around.

Parents: You need new shoes.
Me: No, it's okay. I don't mind them dirty.
Parents: No, you need new shoes. Those are falling apart. You can see your socks through them in like 5 places.
Me: No, it's okay, that doesn't bother me.
Parents: We will burn them in the night. You're getting new shoes.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Taken from the Other shop blog about their recent buying trip to paris:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Renalan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 pm

thoughts on this shitshow? https://pay.reddit.com/r/malefashion/co ... el/cfv0jst

general gist of it is clothing as a reflection of your personality/context and its projection of that unto others

how seeing something on the internet/liking it somehow precludes you from being an authentic adopter of the style

general elitist asshattery

Renalan

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:23 pm

JonjoShelvey

Postby iamacyborg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Going to have to copy these on my next Luxire order.

iamacyborg

Postby Renalan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Renalan

Postby maj » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 pm

maj

Postby smiles » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm

For some reason curators and gallery people seem to either wear margiela or yohji. I guess they are both kind of like vacuums.

A stylist for vogue china liked my facetasm pants B^)

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:08 am

I am really happy with my outfit today and I feel like its the archetype for the future. I'm really happy creatively with story mfg. and the direction its moving in. I'm thankful that fashion, no matter its negatives, offers an unlimited scope for expression and evolution and that I can contribute to the conversation.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Alston_3 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:01 am

I love shopping because it’s like a disease that I inherited from my mother. The color, the feel & the ideas bouncing around in my head fill my heart up with hope. I found offering good discount on everything. I am excited to buy more.

Alston_3

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:04 am

I keep buying things that don't fit. Jackets that are too small, boots that are too big, shirts that are too short. This sort of stuff really makes me wish I lived in a place where I actually try things on.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby iamacyborg » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:13 pm

NSFW

iamacyborg

Postby iamacyborg » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Some very smart things said in this, also NSFW.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/49676780[/vimeo]

iamacyborg

Postby rublev » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:35 pm

...thinking about buying some white / creme converse high tops soon and hopefully if i throw them around enough outside by summer they will look beaten up and disgusting.... trying to think about spring summer footwear and reckon they'd go well with my baggy linen pants (rolled) / COS loose mesh pants from last summer. wanna go for some all white looks... maybe a yellow cap thrown in for good measure. i hate summer but for some reason i'm looking forward to wearing different things.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby starfox64 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:53 am

saw this on fb.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby rublev » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Really hate this trend i'm seeing on ebay where users wait for the auction to finish and them message you offering some low ball price for the item.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby eufemism » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:55 pm

finally realizing that even though i've been on fashion forums for ~3 years i still only wear basic tees and jeans. like the biggest purchase i've made since joining a fashion forum are bean boots. i feel like i still have no idea what to do clothes wise. i dress pretty much the same as before except that my clothing is a bit slimmer and i have more knowledge about clothes. feeling out of place atm because you guys all have lots of experience with different designers and i'm just sitting here wearing my levis denim jacket.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby SCATHINGSOCIALCRITICISM » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:15 am

i think about it like learning a new genre of music. you play and analyze other people's songs until you get a good understanding of the genre and make your compositions. likewise, you can just try copying other people's outfits until you get a good repertoire of clothing in which you can make your own outfits.

SCATHINGSOCIALCRITICISM

Postby anonomous » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:44 am

I have a friend who's been copying the way I dress and it's getting a bit annoying. 9 out of 10 times that we go out he wears the exact same outfit as i do. He's also buying all types of jackets that he's seen me worn and also in the same colour, so... yeah.... Shoes and shirts too. Today he started telling me that he wants to get into pyrex and HBA so i said sure... Then he talked to me about the idea of buying/wearing geobaskets.

anonomous

Postby rjbman » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:55 am

Imitation is the sincerest form of flatter, just take it as a compliment that he's trying to live up to your level.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:08 am

“Start copying what you love. Copy copy copy copy. At the end of the copy you will find yourself.” - Yohji Yamamoto

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ramseames » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:25 am

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/74606200[/vimeo]

Just handled this stuff for the first time today. Video is a bit kickstarter-y but the product is cool, even just in the sense that its not boring. anyone else seen these guys before?

ramseames

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:41 am

There was a sick pair of julius_7 pants on rakuten for 80 bucks because they had a(n easily reparable) tear in the crotch. I think they were available to some kind of members before normal people and of course they sold. :( I'm super bummed.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby nick » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:36 pm

I feel trapped and uncomfortable in shoes when I cant curl my toes downward so then I gotta release my feet for a sec for some relief

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby brusque » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52 pm

I bought some Ann shoes used, not gonna buy shoes used again :( they are fine but more used than let on. Gonna resole them and clean up the suede. sigh.

brusque

Postby bels » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Just wore sweatpants to the cinema and it ruled. Fully recommend.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags