[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby weqe » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:16 pm

the future died a while ago we're in the eternal present now, culture is one big closet with everything in it already n its all expensive

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:55 pm

art & design really just be romanticized obsolescence

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Copeland » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Copeland

Postby bels » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:51 am

Why is it so hard to find Final Home trousers

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:52 pm

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby maj » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:55 am

Self care in 2019 is refusing to buy from stores which use the term "drop"

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:58 am

Yeah that idea is fire

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:12 am

I won't buy anything from a store that doesn't use the term "legwear"

The four categories of clothing:

Accessories
Tops
Jackets
Legwear

(footwear isn't a type of clothing but obviously is its own category)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Julio » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 am

was in japan for a week. bought way less than i thought i would. overall still wrangling the whole experience as a "japophile weeb". maybe i'll try to put it into words someday.

Julio

Postby weqe » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:21 pm

bought some clearweather slip ons n i've gotten like three emails saying thanks not sure i like this level of engagement

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby maj » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:03 am

I've just gone to Uniqlo

I was going to buy an arcteryx jacket but they have this thing called the "bloctech" parka?

It bangs????

Anyone who shops anywhere but

Uniqlo
Marks and Spenser's
Decathalon
Rapha
One specific set of arcteryx trousers
Champion for sweatshirts I guess
The odd eBay designer brand for sub £50 4x a year
Swerve
Blessed by good friends corporate discounts

Is a mug imo, tricked by business

This forum is now mfa, fashion is cyclical, 48855884843 worn out dwr coatings

maj

Postby maj » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:55 am

"rapha is for men buying bikes to make up for being impotent"

Simply incorrect

Take a jaunt down to your local bike shop and browse the "fashion", you'll notice it is devoid of any form of aesthetically pleasing bike-wear

Casteslli? Nty that logo is bad
Endura? Do I look like I ride the gnar?
Dhb? You mean worse rapha
Sportful? Do I look European??

Now take a jaunt to your local rapha, pop by your local bike person, "hey how's it going?.... Yeah mate still planning that big tour, mapping it out now ahahah, yeah the real issue is the PTO but hopefully when the new year starts I'll book it in first unless the partner wants another 2 weeks in Dorset...you know how it is ahahahah". Then you'll slink upstairs to the cafe and order a pour over, Katie isn't on the bar today and so Steve made it instead, it's juicy but got a bitter after taste, part of you wishes you got it from that place opposite your work instead, but he tried so you leave it on the counter and say "banging mate, see you next week". Finally you're there on your way out, notice a set of cargo bibs hanging on the sparse rails, "oh banging, they'll be perfect for that tour I'm planning", grab those, a set of socks on your way to the till and then Sarah realises it's you "back again John?" "Ahah yeah you know me, cracking out the miles", she smiles but sees through your lie, knowing you're looking for endorphins to stave off anxiety. Bagged up and ready to cycle the 4 miles home on your lightweight race bike you just bought, you'll wave to everyone on your way out and think "glad I didn't go to Evans"

This sounds like a familiar tale, you could swap rapha for pi polloi, aseop, bodega if you happen to be on the bad side of the Atlantic, it's the same customer, the same lifestyle salesmanship, we just have to accept that's who we are.

maj

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:29 pm

bitch if u dont include dickies and carhartt in that list u better square tf up

fun_yunchables

Postby maj » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Please see Uniqlo and marks and Spenser's

maj

Postby 106-2 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:24 pm

all i'm saying is just ride a bike like a normal person, 90% of guys i see wearing rapha are the sort that overtake you on the inside when it looks like they might be on for a pb on their commute

106-2

Postby Julio » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:35 am

i forgot john malkovich has a clothing line (used to be called technobohemian, doesn't seem to be going by that name any more)

Julio

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

realized recently that i have a soft spot for any clothing with a motocross influence but i have no idea what to do with that information

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:18 pm

the way ppl throw the word 'aesthetic' around nowadays is so fuccin dum mfg. deadass the 'dapper' of late 2010s

ppl gon look back at 2019 n be roastin all the bondage chain off white triple s school shooter lookin geeks the same way ppl rn be lookin at snapback dunk swagapinos from 2006

fun_yunchables

Postby WussWayne » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:57 am

Early decade aesthetics. If you know you know

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby maj » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:42 am

recession can't come quick enough, trainer prices are DISGUSTING rn

the fuck brands like "fila" and "ascics" getting stocked and selling £150 shoes? yall instagram people got brain spiders

maj

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:21 pm

Can an influencer on this forum tell dickies to take the permanent crease out of their pants

BIGBEE

Postby hharrissonn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:21 pm

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby griffin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 pm

bigcartel vibes

griffin

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:07 am

I am begging you to stop following us

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby maj » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:06 am

Can't believe it's D R E S S I N G S E A S O N already, get those sweaters with a little strip of t-shirt poking out the hem ready for deployment.

maj

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:05 pm

these kiko camper loafers are kind of sweet

mc-lunar

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:38 am

why does buying expensive sunglasses always feel like the pinnacle of excess and depravity to me

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:47 am

are they still doing "i need jeans that fit my massive squat quads" posts on mfa

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby INNIT » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm

an undergrad called me "normcore jesus" and now im just starring into my wardrobe, having a melt down ~~

INNIT

Postby Julio » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:29 am

handed my friend a jacket some months ago and it turned into a trade
so he gave me these, brand new

i'm amused but also figuring out how to wear them because i've never owned jordans before LOLLLLLLLL

Julio

PreviousNext

Return to Tags