[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby WayneWuss » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:24 am

What jawnz are you gonna buy with your 1200 dollars?

WayneWuss

Postby maj » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:10 pm

honestly every day which goes by where nike does not release vegan airjordan 1 lows, or hi's, makes me ever increasingly likely to just kill a cow

maj

Postby maj » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:12 pm

forreal my animal crossing dude is looking fly as fuck in these straight cut jeans and purple aj1's

maj

Postby maj » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:13 pm

they just make you want to bite the toebox

maj

Postby mooncorp » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 am

taking this online course about fashion and sustainability, an interesting question was brought up: if the goal of luxury fashion is to provide us with a special unique product/experience, what does it say about the authenticity of that goal when it's met using propaganda (advertising)? or other manipulative tactics like creating artificial scarcity?

thinking about taste as signifier of class, but in this understanding of mainstream luxury/hypebeast fashion, good taste just means listening to the right advertising? thinking about something i read somewhere that was like "even my friends instagram posts feel like advertisements"

mooncorp

Postby windowflowers » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:07 am

who the fuck wrote this lmao

windowflowers

Postby popcorn » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:34 pm

popcorn

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby jylt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:51 am

Last edited by jylt on Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jylt

Postby titkitten » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:19 pm

i mean there's so much to unpack about the "don't buy made from china [or any other developing country]" advice

titkitten

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:31 pm

seems like a real grey area tbh

on one side fast fashion is essentially economic neocolonialism (i suppose globalization of supply chains in general — not only limited to the American hegemony, but even East Asia engaging in neocolonialism in SEA and Africa)

on the other hand the victims residing in neoliberal economies are marginalized in this fast vs slow fashion debate (not to mention some questionable fetishism of mingei but thats more debatable imo)

its almost like theres a double tiered exploitation — within a nation the poor are forced to consume from multinationals while one tier above is one nation exploiting another in neocolonialism

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby jylt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:04 pm

@innit not an expert, but you might wanna check out "the specter of global china" by ching lee. it takes an ethnographic approach re: the ccp's economic presence in africa

jylt

Postby jylt » Sun May 03, 2020 7:17 pm

thanks for the thorough engagement! sorry that it's taken a while to respond. i agree with the points you've made, which also go along with pham's argument, i.e., i don't think there's a way to think about something like "justice" via the flawed framework of ethical consumerism. the pham piece makes me want to read more about the political economy of fashion & the history of labor organizing in fashion.

jylt

Postby hharrissonn » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Thinking a lot about the pending reinvention of the luxury fashion retail space as a way to distract myself from thinking about other more pressing things all the time.

I’m interested to see how people reacclimatize to being in retail spaces, and navigate the new social responsibilities placed on owners and consumers. Weirdly retail spaces like Supreme and Union and Maxfield Gallery and the Fear of God showroom in LA that were previously seen as needlessly stuffy and museum-like are now operating way ahead of the curve, being incredibly restrictive of the ways customers are allowed to interact with the space. It makes me wonder if most brick and mortar fashion retail spaces will make a shift to inventory free showrooms for special orders to be delivered to customers.

This could turn out to be super alienating and only further abstract the human costs of the industry, but it could also be an opportunity for these businesses, especially those operating in niche luxury markets, to really dig into the values of the people and communities that make up the majority of their patrons and interact with them on a more personal and (for lack of a better term) authentic level. It seems to me that it would democratize the industry to an extent for us to support designers and small retailers directly, while holding them accountable to the communities that are funding them. It’s much easier to exercise our influence as consumers on these sorts of smaller businesses than corporate giants, and the more targeted, community level acts of philanthropy and job creation these smaller businesses engage in have a more tangible affect on the lives of their patrons.

I think what I mean is things all seem much more real now and our expectations of the industry are going to be fundamentally changed and the stakes of spending a bunch of money on luxury clothes are only going to become more nuanced and important, whether we like it or not.

Edit: out of curiosity what did you not like about this I’d like to understand other perspectives on this because it’s how I’m trying to/would like to make my living

Last edited by hharrissonn on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby Julio » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:52 am

Julio

Postby windowflowers » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 pm

i regret giving away my air rifts more than any other clothes i've ever gotten rid of

windowflowers

Postby lexeca » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:43 am

hedi haunts me in my nightmares

lexeca

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:46 am

remember fashion forums?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby mooncorp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:43 am

im still thinking about fashion
excerpts

the clothes i love but not currently wearing or outgrowing .. clothes for my archive
-
margiela style padded down bottle bag
-
ribbed tank top
mini skirt
fishnet knee highs
printed mesh socks
dust tabis
vixen choker
-
screenshot of text "My main style influences right now are CDG 1996-1997 and Neopets foods."
-
art and fashion and graffiti and skating >(smiling)
-
thinking about cream crocs with the band in either yellow or orange / sunflower or tangerine
-
binge reading all the davide sorrenti articles

wanna be real, authentic, good
feel like the 90s in 2020
fallen angels wong kar wai
heroin chic movies
moody cinematic style
-
video game hair wennt hard
final fantasy
the runescape hairstyles lol
-
27 , today, was
two vibes

i had yung lean + cream pants + huerco s socks + bell hat + 2 bridges tote
light summer energy
yoga master

and then in the evening after i showered
well i wore this outfit already
well my energy was
my attitude
it was flowing love, appreciating beauty (smiling)
-
tomboy but soft colors, gaussian curve
-
This is how i see myself on instagram. The cool guy who does his own thing and doesnt give a fuck
-
salvador dali mustache appreciation

mooncorp

Postby mooncorp » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:23 pm

I love my fashion hobby

i am sorting my image collection so i can make an instagram to output things for my fashion hobby

mooncorp

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:14 pm

an alternate reality where instead of the creative directors of huge fashion houses being famous and well-publicized it's their supply chain managers

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby wrong » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:52 pm

boho mid upper class indian cosplay or 18 east?

wrong

Postby jylt » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:48 am

"How to Make a Mask": Quarantine Feminism and Global Supply Chains

Minh-Ha T. Pham writes about the political economy of mask making and about the global supply chain as a racial project. For those interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bIGpR9 ... sp=sharing

edit: what is still so shocking to me is the fact that fashion brands can decide not to pay garment workers for already completed / already shipped work (p. 318)

jylt

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:45 pm

i want to hate everlane for their faux-conscious branding and their bland styling but i bought a shirt from them and the fit and materials are on point

Last edited by CheerUpBrokeBoy on Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Julio » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:08 am

broke my minimal (read: v cheap) cop streak by getting for around $63 shipped, bnib.

was it worth it or am i feeling more empty?

only time will tell

Julio

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:57 am

anyone remember that brand that made very simple/minimal shirts that were round in shape, maybe with one yellow circle printed on it...they used sustainable production methods...anyone?

YoungCanoeist

Postby Julio » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:52 am

Last edited by Julio on Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Julio

Postby can- » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:52 pm

leg twist

can-

Postby bels » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Who is going to get some j+

bels
Yung Winona

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:12 pm

I'm picking up the cashmere beanie for my brother for Christmas and I'm eyeing the two-way zip mock sweater (reminds me of a stoney sweater I missed out on) and maybe one of the big shirts. I'm curious to see more full-body pictures of the chinos with the curve and the long inseam but I rarely wear anything that slim these days.

I know some of y'all were around and in the game when the original collection was running - you think the quality will be anywhere close?

UnwashedMolasses

PreviousNext

Return to Tags