[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby rudy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:06 pm

And of course

rudy

Postby sknss » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:08 pm

it started when teenagers got edgy

in the same vein tho not the same thing

keith haring

basquiat

<bobbin>

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby teck » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:34 pm

teck

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 pm

I don't know when that kind of thing 'started' - I reckon people have been advertising clans, businesses etc. on their backs for far longer than we'd guess. Katy showed me some Japanese Firemen kimonos that were really really really old and they had a big symbol on the back. It makes sense to have something there; it's an even flatter, larger space than than your torso.

I think that, yeah, it's just a sign of rebellion. The hippies wore military jackets covered in patches against war, punks defaced and customised everything sacred, and most youth style tribes found something to stick a patch on.

As for leather; it's so easy to paint on, so it caught on pretty easily once motorbikes caught on. Normal acrylic is used and it stays bright and relatively, unusually, waterproof.

I am not all that well versed on when it started, but I'd guess it was fighter pilots from the wars. Then bikers (who were often goaded as a double rider looked like a German flight jacket) started painting them in gang signs etc. Then in turn it was picked up the the Hippies, the heavy metal scene and so on and so forth.

I've heard it said that writing on a banana with a ball-point pen is one of the most satisfying feelings known to man, but I'd add that painting on leather with a sponge and thick brush might be akin.

I think the 'style' of the above stuff is the real thing, it's scrawled, brushstrokes and generally made to look a bit punk. Reminds me of writing METALLICA and OFFSPRING logos on my schoolbag in tip-ex and the trend of shit home made bootleg logos:

/ramble

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rudy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Man y'all are great. Never would've seen this stuff.

rudy

Postby hooplah » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:31 pm

hooplah

Postby balloons » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Levi's Vintage did some art collection thing revolving around painting the backs of leather jackets, was somewhat interesting

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby RycePooding » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:40 pm

i have this shitty army parka that fits wonky and i wanna paint the back of it, but the fit is still wonky so i prolly still wouldn't wear it

RycePooding

Postby Capt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:50 am

Write something nonsensical on it, and watch people try to figure out what it means.

Capt

Postby ptozzi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:10 am

The only pieces of clothing I'm really comfortable with buying at the moment are shoes if you wanna call them clothes. I'm trying to get into fitness and plan on putting on weight in the form of muscle. I don't want to buy clothes only for them not to fit me after I achieve the body I want. I suppose it's not too bad since footwear is a big part of an outfit.

ptozzi

Postby HS_ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:10 am

What causes the inside heel on one shoe to wear a hole but not the other? Any remedies?

HS_

Postby maj » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:24 am

one of your feet is always larger than the other

maj

Postby Syeknom » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:37 am

Plus most people have an uneven gait of some kind, leading with one foot over the other or whatever. is a fantastically interesting subject.

Syeknom

Postby midvh » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

cool stuff from COS

midvh

Postby can- » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I amend my dictums about stand collars with the caveat that all down vests and most down jackets should incorporate some kind of stand collar.

I add a third dictum: no down vest shall ever bear a varsity collar

can-

Postby Renalan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 pm

mocs are growing on me, not sure if it's from some hype osmosis or something

Renalan

Postby ptozzi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Done trying to incorporate sweatpants into my wardrobe. Doesn't really work for my body type, and they aren't as versatile as I tried to convince myself they are.

ptozzi

Postby oieoou » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:58 am

I think sweatpants really only work for svelte/athletic body types, but then again those body types look good in almost anything so....

oieoou

Postby whinefields » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:14 pm

no thoughts

whinefields

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:36 am

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby RycePooding » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:55 pm

anyone have good thick scarf recs? My neck is coooold.

RycePooding

Postby b4my » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Lots of people wearing expensive clothing at Kanye West last night. I dunno what it is about the whole hypebeast mentality that breeds a lot of masculinity/aggression/posturing but it sucks, my friend was dancing/enjoying himself and all these guys in pyrex and jordans would look at him, smirk, and go back to their phones while the show went on in front of them. Like if you're gonna enjoy yourself it has to be under the guise of "getting turnt" or whatever because otherwise you have to be stuck in perma-scowl-i'm-better-than-everyone mode?

The costumes for his tour are incredible though, and the show was great.

b4my

Postby can- » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:31 pm

can-

Postby bels » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 am

Second the practicality of buffs. I have a muji one but it doesn't have a draw string which apparently makes it less practical

bels
Yung Winona

Postby silvaeri » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Thirding a Buff. I have one for biking and it's ridiculously great, keeps my face a whole ton warmer and blocks the wind.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby RycePooding » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm kind of confused, I'm sorry. What's a buff exactly? Is it different from a balaclava (baklava) ?

RycePooding

Postby ramseames » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:08 pm

ramseames

Postby silvaeri » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:20 pm

It's basically just a long tube of microfiber cloth that is stretchy and you can wear a bunch of different ways by folding it around your head etc. I wear mine as balaclava derivative that covers my ears and everything below my nose. Buff's are essential just super versatile. Good price to quality ratio too imo.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby b4my » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:12 pm

It's always been a secret dream of mine to do a streetwear collection inspired by dub and soundsystem culture but someone beat me to the punch :(

b4my

Postby ramseames » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Nigel Cabourn himself was in Haven Vancouver yesterday.

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags