[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby yourdad » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:30 pm

i just realized my max cash have a coin pocket. i've had them for over a year

yourdad

Postby ptozzi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Muji socks changed my life

ptozzi

Postby vgtbls » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:27 pm

I'd do despicable things to have a muji open nearby. I bought notebooks off of amazon and it only fueled my desire

vgtbls

Postby RycePooding » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:32 pm

I went to muji with ben in nyc and it smelled nice

RycePooding

Postby ramseames » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 pm

can ppl who've been to both japanese muji and american muji comment on if there's much difference?

we're getting one here next year which is exciting.

ramseames

Postby stappard_ » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:58 pm

upstairs muji gives me a headache but downstairs muji has good bedsheets and shoe trees

stappard_

Postby kyung » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:51 pm

japanese muji is (obviously) larger with a wider range of products (think more of a department store but with the muji design sensibility). much of the stuff doesn't really make it to the states which is a damn shame but they sell appliances like rice cookers, room fans, etc (dunno if they have this at west coast muji?) some of the apparel also seems jp exclusive which sucks because i'd wear it all in a heartbeat :(

muji us really needs to up their webshop >:|

japanese muji also sells food in cute packaging but mujis on the west coast have begun doing this recently

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby ballast » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm

had a "worlds-collide" moment at a barbeque with some old high school friends. i was talking with an old friend talking about his backpacking trip through colorado when i noticed he was wearing eg. he was never really into clothing but i asked him about it and it turns out all he basically wears now is eg. i asked him about other brands but he knows nothing else, he just saw eg one day and really liked it and bought a ton.

except he said he saw a sweater from "margaret howard" and he really liked it too and will probably buy it

software engineer

Last edited by ballast on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballast

Postby Indieguy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:16 pm

Found an old Burberry cable knit at my grandmother's place. She said my grandfather had loads of Burberry-stuff, but apparently she threw most of it away when he passed. Unfortunate, but I guess it was what she needed to do.

Indieguy

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Male friend of mine sent heartfelt message to me asking me to give him a makeover.

Everything is weird about that.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:42 pm

make him a STORY model

and pay full price

ramdomthought

Postby Blastoise » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Are you going to grow a beard for him?

Blastoise

Postby dzogchen » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 pm

I started drawing classes today.

The gay neon pirate (only appropriate way to describe him) that showed me around the building apparently doubles as a nude model.

The teacher spins old jazz records while we draw

Another teacher popped in to have a chat, gorgeously dressed. She wore a top from Margiela.

I'm gonna like this place, I think.

dzogchen

Postby smiles » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 pm

dsm ny was alright, not as good as the london one though. the woman who helped me had green hair though, which was cool.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby teck » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 am

New York Fashion week is starting up and for some reason I'm really excited about it. I think it's also because it's September and I love the back to school energy and the Autumn.

There's a "quiz" you can take from NYTimes. Taking these things really reminds me how limited/skewed/focused my fashion knowledge is: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014 ... .html?_r=0

teck

Postby bobo77 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 pm

bobo77

Postby zayg » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:08 pm

i dunno if more people at school this year dress well than last year or if a summer off has convinced me that a pair of af1s is all it takes to look cool

zayg

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:16 pm

too much C-T's zayg

BIGBEE

Postby JtotheWhat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:19 pm

So many people in my city now wearing poorly made joggers with regularly cut cheap t-shirts that are 2 sizes too big for them.

JtotheWhat

Postby RycePooding » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:34 pm

It's important to not judge others for their clothing.

RycePooding

Postby oucho » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:43 pm

well I judge people on their clothing all the time, negatively and positively, to a certain extent your clothing is an expression of who you are, so of course it's ok to judge people based on it, that's like saying don't judge me for my personality

oucho

Postby maj » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:48 pm

is there any designer school blazers out there, long body, long sleeve, short and wide lapel, chest crest with optional piping seems rich pickings for the yoof culcha cru. all these pics from mums on fb of their kids going back to school looking like they're decked out in raf.

maj

Postby odradek » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:50 pm

odradek

Postby rublev » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:06 pm

i love maggie howell but i think even if i dropped a grand on her stuff i'd still look like an overdressed school boy :\

rublev
Political Editor

Postby exprof » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:19 pm

first time ever having cop regret :(

edit: sue undercover tote bag that is made of crap materials and a junya shirt that is floral and i am not sure how 2 pull off

exprof

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

That's a shame, what's the piece?

I definitely agree in the sense that it can be an indicator of personality traits, in much the same way the positioning of someone's shoulders can tell you so much about their personality and mood. I believe the important bit is not in saying "don't judge people based on their clothes" or the more accurate "don't make judgments about people based on their clothes" and more so in not allowing those judgments to become indictments of the wearer, e.g. not allowing "that person doesn't appear to put much thought into their wardrobe" to become "that person is slovenly / lazy / ill-kempt, etc".

Also for you grammar-philes out there, should that ending et cetera have been followed by a period inside the quotation mark?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby JtotheWhat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:06 pm

I like joggers, I have some and just ordered another pair, I said ''poorly made joggers''.. most notably talking about brands like Publish or even Zanerobe, although I've seen Zanerobe's fit some people quite well, a lot of guys buy them just because they are zanerobe joggers even though they fit terribly.

JtotheWhat

Postby Ques » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:35 pm

saw the eg fwk stuff at steven alan recently, looked FAB

also saw the mens EG fw14 at woodlands, including this FABULOUS wide-brimmed hat that i tried on to the dismayed looks of the disgruntled shopkeeps, and immediately and reverently put back on the rack after being told that it was 345 dollars or something. i forgot to take a picture of it or the other stuff tho, sorry. I LOOKED AMAZING IN IT THOUGH

Ques

Postby popcorn » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:48 pm

big fan of the bathrobe waist tethering rope thingy that i now have to learn the name of

popcorn

Postby Muzzle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:39 pm

I like the look of rumpled blazers a lot but can't reconcile aesthetics with the feeling that I will get major head-turns for wearing eg to high school.

Muzzle

PreviousNext

Return to Tags