[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby Julio » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:24 am

update: they crumbled LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Julio

Postby eli7 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:22 am

can anyone tell me more about walking man, as in the defunct/iconic san francisco label? i feel like i missed out on that cultural moment and would like to contextualize it for myself.

here's the old catalogue for reference:

eli7

Postby Julio » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:55 am

this is my first time hearing about it, but that's interesting and i'm now on the same boat as you.
the origami coat is quite amazing to me
the multiple ways of buttoning have a kapital ring coat/jacket flavor, v nice

Julio

Postby INNIT » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:14 pm

is wearing corduroy pant with black tshirts and sweaters normcore? sorrry still hung up on this

INNIT

Postby Ques » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:46 pm

yes

Ques

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby Emilefauff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:10 pm

BBS has some hard to handle double zippers as well. When a girl sitting on a couch in a bar wanted to help me with the zipper on my coat all the people behind me were laughing because it looked like a blowjob.

Some random thoughts here:

Silent should be more expensive than the mainline.

Starting to like MA.

And a fast fashion thought: Dont women in cheap high heels ask for the attention of just women in cheap high heels and men who like women in cheap high heels? Sorry, I came too close to a newly opened shopping center in my town...

Emilefauff

Postby bels » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 am

These bots I swear 2 god

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nope » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:00 pm

thinking of a bot trained entirely on style zeitgeist forum posts and smiling serenely

nope

Postby jrisk » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:15 pm

i think it's kind of funny that the only acceptable level of flexing while wearing SI is without the badge even though it's extremely obvious that you removed the badge

jrisk

Postby kickingthefly » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:00 pm

americans just seem dumb in stoney tbh, there should be a test where you have to call someone chief or bossman and not sound ridiculous
might as well be drake trying to rap jamaican

kickingthefly

Postby griffin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:53 pm

what about canadians. i have only been to the maritimes but i imagine people in fake canada love stone island.

griffin

Postby popcorn » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:58 pm

popcorn

Postby maj » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:17 am

anyone participating in this normcore discussion, in fucking 2019, needs a ban

maj

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:18 am

what does fashion look like in the absence of subcultures it leeches off

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby nope » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am

Ever shallower "collaborations" and re-combinations of the same old symbols and signs.
A $500 t-shirt that says "Francis Fukboiyama".
An LV X Supreme boot stamping on a human face - forever.

nope

Postby popcorn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:11 pm

popcorn

Postby INNIT » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:50 am

INNIT

Postby maj » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:54 am

Ur added to the ban list 2 son but for tripping over a Jarvis

maj

Postby hharrissonn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:11 am

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby INNIT » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:21 am

ah, ok im dumb, little bit stressed rn and probably reading maj's post as WAY more pernicious than it was meant to be, sorry folks, carry on~~~~

INNIT

Postby bels » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:05 am

Normcore, like cyberpunk, is difficult to theorise now that It's suffused reality.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:28 am

There’s a store in a cellar in Shibuya called “archive store” and it sells old helmut Lang and raf Simons etc.

Did supreme start the recent popularity of jpg or was it those archive Instagram accounts? Did those accounts start posting jpg because it was cheap to buy on eBay?

I think you can see the whole archive situation as an exercise in commodity manipulation.

And ASAP Rocky, he was probably the source of the widespread popularity of “archive” clothing.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Moody's now recommending a Hold position on jpg.

Sell position on previous archive brands.

Buy position on.................?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 pm

Re: Sam’s rep comment, Yes they had some amazing margiela items that I had never seen in person such as the down jacket coat and glove vest. Worth visiting for that alone.

Some things truly are archive worthy. But then other specific items of clothing are just transparently about pushing up the value. I remember some specific undercover jacket (I think the one that says zamizang) suddenly being a very expensive archive piece. Or the junya watanabe poem shirts and jeans.

Honestly anything with text printed on it from the 90s will probably become “archival” seeing a bunch of hysteric glamour pop up recently. Maybe that 2047691042 brand.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Sam » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:19 am

It's very amusing/depressing to see items from max 4 years ago pop up on the archive instagrams and to be told they are archival. Total joke.

Sam

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:59 pm

archival is the fashion kids way of saying born in the wrong generation

fun_yunchables

Postby maj » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:39 am

The year is 2013, You live between sufu and /r/malefashion and it’s December. You wake up every morning to turn on laptop at 7am. The sales have started. You already know what you're looking for on Mr P and that’s snagging your first set of common projects achillies lows. the IRC is already a buzz of latest cops. Life is good.

maj

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:15 pm

i LoVe RoBeRt GeLlEr aNd RiCaRdO OwEnS

edit: am i becoming the sschadenfreude of this forum

fun_yunchables

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 pm

a war of all against all to wear the widest cropped pants

BIGBEE