[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Postby rjbman » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:06 pm

i'm not but that's pretty much because there are no holes i need to fill with this collab

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby INNIT » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:18 pm

i'll probably get the +J "relax tapered wool pants" if the cut on them isn't bad . i need a pant that says: "hello students welcome to english 103"

INNIT

Postby kickingthefly » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:00 am

i like the curved chinos and oversized coat (ofc) and olive parka. but cant check out of UK site. ah well nothing i actually need

kickingthefly

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 am

full disclosure i do PR for uniqlo and i've been working with the collection for a month and a half now – couldn't tell you how it compares to the OG collection but the quality is definitely there

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby hharrissonn » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:52 am

Lmao almost everything I wanted sold out in my size before like 9:30. Got thee chinos and oversized blazer (not confirmed yet tho), will report back.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:19 pm

to clarify – i don't work in-house at uniqlo. agency

i would have told you guys to size down because the samples all fit bizarrely large but the whole collection has almost sold through, sorry about that

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Julio » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:35 am

haven't gotten anything (yet), hasn't sold out locally so i'm at leisure to not worry too much. yet. we'll see.

as usual, tropics life means i'm only really interested in the oversized shirts and the curved chinos, plus a belt maybe?
may i request fitpics of chinos when you get them

(thank you hharrissonn and )

Last edited by Julio on Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julio

Postby maj » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:29 pm

guys hate to tell you m+s sells +j 365 days a year

maj

Postby Julio » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Julio

Postby oucho » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:55 am

I did go into M&S once but was overwhelmed by rail after rail selling what appeared to be 10,000 variations of dad jeans

That was meant to be a diss but that actually sounds pretty cool

oucho

Postby hharrissonn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:32 pm

As promised, fit pics. Live from my parents' suburban home.

Pants are great. The weight is substantial and the shape is very structured despite the 4% stretch (which you can definitely feel but not in a bad way). I got these in a 33, and they fit perfectly with the waist cinched on the second button. I'm sure I'll gain weight and fill them out lol. Top half is a lot roomier than I expected, taper is fairly dramatic but not like jodhpurs dramatic. Length is great, actually long enough for a r t f u l p o o l s which is rare for me. The shaping of the legs and fabric weight make these feel very luxe, I think nicer than the Noon Goons chinos I bought for like considerably more than these.

Jacket is great. It's oversized and has mad pockets. Unvented, no buttons on the sleeves. Very warm, slightly puffy. It feels like there's some kind of thicker batting between the outer and lining which I like. Wool blend very much favors wool, only like 10% nylon or something. Glad I bought it.

hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby Copeland » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:21 am

I ordered six items, returning five:

Merino blend turtleneck - Fits loose TTS with a long back hem, might keep but don't need.
Wool blend slim fit pants - High rise, nice fabric, keeping.
Down hooded long coat - Bad shape, the hood/collar doesn't hold up, looks cheaper than ULD, really wanted it to work but there's no way.
Oversized jacket - Super thick, good length, but with low armholes and saggy sleeves, shoulders are also too wide TTS, not worth since it's the same price as yoox roulette sportcoats.
Wool tapered pants - The waist/rise is way, way, too high. Feels like UU. Still wool-blend despite the description.
Oversized shirt - Don't like the shape or fabric.

TTS for all. The oversized fit just doesn't work on me. The long coat/jacket silhouette looked fine in lookbooks but falls apart in person.

Pics (both good and bad):

Copeland

Postby maj » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:28 pm

i feel im being gaslighted this all looks like m+s

maj

Postby hharrissonn » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 pm

I’m sorry Jil doesn’t design clothes to tactically explore the urban wilderness or whatever the fuck

hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby maj » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:56 am

honey, that's old news, we're all dressing like emos and hipsters but dressing like a alternate reality soft boi blade still isnt in!!

maj

Postby WayneWuss » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:37 pm

dressing like a bladee fan isnt in either

WayneWuss

Postby Imfake » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:03 pm

I'm curious, people who purchase "hype" items, how much is it because of the hype and how much is it because you actually like it? Also, is your purchase of the "hype" item because you want to wear, resell, or have an item that is seen as valuable?

Throughout my teenage years and somewhat into college, i realized I was buying Supreme, Palace, etc. just because they were hype and i would get a boost of confidence because I assumed people who are in the "know" would view me more highly/wealthy. As I grew older (20s), I realized that was not a good reason (for me) to purchase clothing items. So I dialed it a ton back and only buy stuff that I genuinely think looks good.

Would appreciate other perspectives.

Imfake

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:42 am

it really seems like for all the brands doing facemasks in response to the pandemic, none have really cracked the secret to making them hyped or covetable as accessories. i personally feel like it's part of people's deeper desire to see the necessity of wearing masks in public as temporary, so they choose not to sink too much expense into it and see the masks as utilitarian

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby deadkitty » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:28 am

face masks are like socks

deadkitty

Postby griffin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:25 am

full uniqlo fit with white mountaineering face mask

griffin

Postby stappard_ » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:35 am

Your boutique stocks Barbour? Your buyers are lazy. I'm out.

stappard_

Postby JewTurk » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:33 pm

I would not have guessed the name would be Gorpcore:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gorpcore-h ... 0?mod=e2tw

JewTurk

Postby Iliam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:38 pm

whats been happening with stappard over the last four years. what wild turns has his life taken - would love to know

Iliam

Previous

Return to Tags