[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby starfox64 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:31 pm

i feel like those look really cheap. i'm at work right now but i have been looking for something similar and have a bunch of pics at home of stuff i have been looking at. what about mcnairy or yuk?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby can- » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:34 pm

well yeah they are cheap. well worn suede clarks read super well in person tho.

i dont believe mcnasty and yuketen make shoes in my size. might just end up getting some more docs

can-

Postby starfox64 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:41 pm

you could drop $800 on some vibergs

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby RycePooding » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 pm

My suede wallys and cdbs are getting lots of play as weather is cooling down (but it's almost 100 degrees right now).

I want to wear a lot of flannel. Any recs?

RycePooding

Postby starfox64 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 pm

seems like everyone is selling flannels right now. visvim, uniform experiment, nonnative, junya if you want super expensive japanese stuff. apc, supreme, gitman at a lower price.

i'm probably just going to try my luck and grab some vintage pendletons on ebay or etsy.

starfox64

Postby can- » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 pm

LL bean makes the best flannel shirts

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/42272?fe ... nnel-shirt

can-

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:21 am

yeah, I have the wingtip version in sand suede. They're ok, but i bought them a size too big and the toe has no structure, which makes them look a bit weird on my feet. i wear them as beaters now so they're horribly grease-stained and discoloured. that said, i would probably re-buy them if i ever came across them (although i'm not actively searching). sand suede is such a great colour for derbies

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:26 am

Mine are sand suede too, it's so easy to wear with almost everything.

Can't imagine you in a wingtip for some reason germ

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:48 am

Saw Élodie Ouédraogo (Belgian olympic sprinter and apparently a fashion icon) in town yesterday evening when going out for ice cream and tango. She was wearing what I'm certain was a stunning Margiela long white shirt-dress.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:47 am

was your gf there.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 am

Yeah, I wanted to say "that's a margiela skirt dress yo!" to my girlfriend but she was talking about something else. Afterwards she told me who the woman we passed was and I commented that I'd indeed noticed the skirt-dress.

Apparently Élodie "shocked" belgian frugal sensibility by appearing on a talk show in €2000 shoes but is a bit of a fashion icon right now.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:15 pm

syeknom how do we feel about this vis linen/cotton blazer?

i like that it lacks cuff buttons. reminds me of something 45rpm would make but for a more modern dude.

can-

Postby can- » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:16 pm

can-

Postby RycePooding » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:20 pm

I ordered my first Brooks Brothers OCBD. I hope this collar roll is all it's hyped up to be.

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 am

Dear cameron,

Thank you for your recent correspondence and interest in these two items.

The jacket is excellent looking - great shape to it, wonderful pockets, nice looking buttons, material looks great, etc. The no-buttons-on-sleeves thing sounds fun for such a relaxed piece.

Collar and lapels seem to be sitting weirdly in this picture with the top button done up but I can't imagine you wanting the top button done up usually and it's probably just the picture.

If the price is right I give my accordance.

The collar of that shirt on the other hand is almost everything I don't like in a dress shirt collar. It's tiny, stiff and thick like a priest in a playground. There's no real room for a non-thin material tie knot and no chance of it reaching the lapels of any jacket. Done up it'll just sit there lifelessly looking cheap. No way to tell how it'll look unbuttoned but the stiffness of the collar suggests it'll probably form a rigid triangle shape rather than flare or lie more naturally. It's got no roll and no interesting shape. It reminds me of the collars most cheap mall brands put on their shirts honestly.

The shirt probably has some super special fabric that makes it interesting but as a regular shirt it does not look worth the money.

I offer my humble concerns regarding this piece.

Yours sincerely,
Syeknom

Syeknom

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:02 am

What are the top 5 Syeknom approved dress shirts?

thomaspaine

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:20 am

I don't really have the personal experience with good dress shirts to give such a list - it's still a subject I need to resolve for myself honestly. I have a really crappy shirt selection right now.

I am a real sucker for tall, strongly arched, semi-spread Italian collars like styleforum member spoopoker's Finamore shirts (on deep sale at right now,I really should put the effort in to working out measurements):

A collar like that, thick MoP buttons, a really slim fit and a luxurious cotton would make me a happy man.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:56 am

Dress shirt non buttondown collars are something you could go mad thinking about.

And if you want the collar to be wearable both with and without a tie you'll go nuts.

Probably one of those things where you want to just find a brand you like and stick with it forever. Syek should maybe visit emmett when he's dans londres though, just to see. I have the suspicion that their stuff doesn't in any way match up to the old italian houses but they go on sale regularly so might be worth a punt.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:25 am

I'll add it to me list bela, good quality are they?

When I buy dress shirts they're to wear with a tie and casual shirts without, so I don't have to navigate that horrific mine field of whether it'll look good both with and without (most won't).

For the benefit of this thread I spent my lunch break going into town and tried on a Finamore white shirt. Easily the most magical shirt I've ever seen in person. Fabric was gorgeous, collar was perfect, buttons were a joy and the hand stitching was really evident. Great slim fit too, only the sleeves were a little long on me and the smallest collar size (15") was a little loose. Best bit were the shoulders. They're cut slightly short (seam hitting before your shoulder bone) and then the sleeve is kinda pleated into it and puffs up and out a little as it drapes over the shoulder. Really comfortable and free moving.

You can see how it attaches here:

I will absolutely place these in the imaginary top 5 white dress shirts category tpaine, absolutely. Must try to pick up one in the future.

Syeknom

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 am

thomaspaine

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 am

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 pm

I dunno if they're good quality. I like the two I own. They're the only shirt maker that I have an interest in other than COS due to price/performance considerations.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Is this the famous BB OCBD collar roll?

RycePooding

Postby can- » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:33 pm

you could fit a passport and a sandwich in the roll of that collar

can-

Postby RycePooding » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:41 pm

All my favorite ocbds can be replaced on eBay at 25 bucks a pop. Very tempting.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 pm

did you get the regular, slim or extra slim?

i find the slim fit is just a touch too slim and the regular is occasionally too baggy. i might try sizing up on a slim fit next time.

can-

Postby RycePooding » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:21 pm

That's what I did- sized up on slim. Extra slim is terrible

RycePooding

Postby can- » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 pm

can-

Postby starfox64 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 pm

margiela x converse collab coming next month apparently.

starfox64

Postby bels » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Apparently they just opened a Jil Sander Navy store in London. Didn't think JS navy would get its own store but fair enough.

http://blog.joseph-fashion.com/jil-sander-navy/

Also, does anyone know anything about that brand "Joseph" ? I heard they do menswear but don't see anything for sale on their site.

This post is basically for Germinal.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags