[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - office trainers

office trainers

Clothes

Re: office trainers

Postby griffin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 am

Bela I’m sorry to hear about your office crush not noticing your waywt uniform challenge. However I am a little caught up on a detail you briefly mentioned. Your replacement doesn’t wear shoes in the office? Only socks? Is this common in your workplace?

griffin

Postby bels » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:25 pm

It's common everywhere that total fucking losers congregate.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:10 pm

I've been known to walk around in just socks, if I cycle in wearing clippy shoes I usually won't slip my Clarks Desert Boots on until I need to go to the Loo.

As such I'll maybe have a mooch over to the drinks fridge, a sit at the lunch table and wash up my cereal bowl, all in my socks until about 11 when nature calls.

Last week I went to get the office door when someone knocked, in my socks, opened it up and it was the sales manager, first thing he says is "where are your shoes?, Had to explain (leaving out the 2 hour gap ofc)

Not my manager tho so B-)

maj

Postby griffin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:56 pm

cool. i will now write this off as an English Thing.

griffin

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 am

This is not an English thing. I've never been anywhere (apart from photo studios where you need to be careful to keep the floor clean) where you just go around in socks like a total animal. I'm all for going barefoot but SOCKS seems like the worst of all worlds.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Tinman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 am

It's all the inconvenience of being barefoot but with the added benefit of being able to get your socks dirty and/or wet.

Finally found a blue/white Story MFG & coat
Tinman

Postby maj » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:44 am

It's actually really telling you're all mentioning "dirty socks" , implying you're not wearing black socks to the office

Which is the bigger crime

currently away for work, hotel room mirror

uniqlo/6876/m+s/clarks

maj

Postby WussWayne » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 pm

How did we go from geobaskets to socks in the office + clarks desert boots?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby zevolution » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:12 pm

zevolution

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:35 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby odradek » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:04 pm

oh hey here's another one (this is from a while ago, it's too hot to wear anything besides mosquito netting at the moment)

odradek

Postby bels » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:04 am

What about people who run in the office. Not like, people who go running and work in an office. People who run from one part of the office to another like it's an airport.

Tech lead types seem particularly inclined to do this.

Maybe the basic judgement is

Never put your face in your hands - > Senior management material

Run through the office - > Tech lead material

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:48 pm

the 70 year old receptionist loved this one so much she made me stop so she could take a picture

anyway it's all downhill from here

odradek

Postby Copeland » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:49 pm

I work in a small office and my go-tos have been muji trousers + sneakers, mostly reacts. They're fun enough to make me feel like I'm experimenting by wearing different colored socks but not too fun that anyone will notice.

Edit: ok sorry!

Copeland

Postby maj » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm

everyone must remember the the three main pillars of personal style:

1) the environment

2) the algorithm

3) The ouroboros

Every so often you may feel a development in your personal style, one should not feel that such a shift of personal growth, progression or enlightenment. It will be due to one of these three pillars.

recently I have found myself in and out of uniqlo, looking for some new work trousers that are black, good looking, possibly cropped and office appropriate. me, a person who considers anything that does not pool on a shoe as passe garbage you should avoid. this is the environment.

For this I have been looking for something technical, maybe hiking inspired to wear to my desk job in which I enjoy due to its low mental engagement, but also despair at because i actively work to progress the inefficiencies of capitalism that crush me daily. Details i seek are articulated knees, sinchable waists, nylon fabrics and zipped pockets. This is the algorithm.

On this hunt i've been all over, but my search has culminated in browsing cos and sending bela a message on signal to say "hot 2019 take, cos, it bangs", this was prompted by being shown many black trousers and technical blazers, for which me and bela would have discussed at length back in 2014 while looking for the perfect casual blazer. this is the oroboros.

it would be easy for me to think i'm "maturing in my style" as I reach 24 years of age and marginally above entry level employment positions, but the reality of it all is these decisions are made for me. there is no creative expression here, just the three pillars guiding me through life.

here is what i've worn to work lately

maj

Postby griffin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:22 pm

i've started wearing a black t shirt and green pants every day because i can get away with it in the office where i work for 8 hours a day for free and get away with it at the restaurant that that i have to go to every day after work to pay my rent xD

griffin

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:43 pm

am i appropriating from the working class if i wear full carhartt at my marketing agency job

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby maj » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:17 pm

no risk of appropriation here my friend, sounds like you're on the front lines

maj

Postby odradek » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:21 pm

its that time of year

odradek

Postby lyysander » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:47 am

At my job I'm about 75% in an office, 25% working with teenagers. So, we're encouraged not to dress "too fancy" because we work directly with the youth, but we have to be professional enough for meetings and such. I feel like it's a tricky balance, because my boss wants us to be "cool" to a bunch of high schoolers but be taken seriously by school principals and board members.

This is how I attempt to do that:

lyysander

Postby Imfake » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:53 am

Cool something I can contribute to.

I work at one of the largest banks in the world in a "front facing" role which essentially means I need to be professionally dressed most of the times. When I started (first job) and gotten pretty off-hand comments about the way I dress as I was still learning how to blend in with the rest of the folks. What I mean by comments is just "oh haha two shirts on?" or "Bro, are you really wearing those pants in the office" or "dude your collar is way too far apart" or "where are you belt loops" or "haha imagine wearing a leather jacket into the office".

Apparently, overshirts (collar on top of collar), loafers with no socks, front/reversed pleated pants, no belt loops, and fucking prince of wales or seersucker pants are looked down upon. In finance, you don't want to be the guy known to dress outside the norm. Your 50-60 year old bosses will think you're a liability and won't take you to meetings or place trust in you. Before I forget, boat shoes aren't necesarilly bad, but if you're not wearing the uniform which is :
- Dress shirt in cotton with a "basic collar" and in solid or striped blue or white
- Dress pants (worsted wool) that most likely will be flat front maybe with pleats that end right before the groin, WITH BELT LOOPS
- Solid or stripped monochrome socks
- Brown, black dress shoes (monk straps, oxfords, etc)
you will bee seen as a joke.

I hate this industry and want to get out of it literally just because the dress code is so fucking bullshit for men when women can literally wear almost anything they want as long as it doesn't show cleavage, is too eccentric or casual and get away with it. All i want to do is buy a fuck ton of jewelry that i can wear, come in the office with a pair of chinos, a sweatshirt, sneakers, and a dead look in my face. I don't need to "dress well" to crunch numbers and write reports on why xyz is a not going to provide value to the company.

Also, this could just be my Company which is probably a bit more conservative than most. But, i have friends that have also expressed concern about the way they dress multiple times. Additionally, I'm also certain a reason why I didn't get a return offer from a company (Within finance but more casual than a bank), was that I decided Chinos, boat shoes and oxfords 5 days a week were appropriate for the office (which I learned they were obviously not afterwards).

Imfake

Postby odradek » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:26 pm

figuring out that this overcoat works better when worn over a coat

odradek

Postby Benson » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:43 pm

I seem to constantly spill things on my work clothes. Either that or I notice more since I spend so much time ironing them.

I've also noticed my work clothes seem to fall apart pretty quickly. The stitching on the front pockets is always the first to go. I've resorted to air drying everything.

Have you found any officewear that's particularly durable?

Another update: I've started wearing untucked button downs. Nobody's said anything yet but I'll see how long this can go on for.

Benson

Postby zevolution » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:39 am

i've begun to wear my birkenstock clogs to the Office on days that aren't Friday. one of the managers is always looking at them when we cross paths but i hear she's a narc anyway.

zevolution

Postby bels » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:01 am

There's a new guy in my office who is taller than ben? Literally like 7 foot straight up, head scrapes against the edison bulbs in our faux industrial industrial space.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Imfake » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Imfake

Postby can- » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:07 pm

i bought a susu travel blazer in navy

can-

Postby can- » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:16 pm

good luck projecting previous relationships and experiences onto this clinician... Stealth mode baby.. supreme supreme outlier arcteryx... vans ....

can-

Postby Imfake » Mon May 25, 2020 2:43 am

General thoughts on WFH for people that are still lucky to have jobs?

Personally, I prefer it heavily over going into the office. Just lounging half-naked in some shorts crunching numbers is so much better than wearing dress shoes and shirts for 10+ hours straight.

Imfake

Postby rjbman » Mon May 25, 2020 11:51 am

feel like my productivity is way down and idk if it's because I'm remote and stupid remote desktop doesn't automap CMD on mac to control if you're remoted in, or because of stress & anxiety from covid.

also hate the inability to distance myself from "home" and "work" when they're the same place - it's not so much that I can't stop working but I can't focus on work with all my home hobbies around

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

PreviousNext

Return to Tags