[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Westside appreciation thread

Westside appreciation thread

Clothes

Westside appreciation thread

Postby WussWayne » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am

He changed your lexicon completely to philly and his fits are whack but we need to acknowledge mans impact somehow

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Re: Westside appreciation thread

Postby bels » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:43 pm

I'm going to need a starter guide as to whom? this is?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby WussWayne » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Noted superfuture troll who as far as my understanding goes is the one who started using philly slang (eg according to urban dictionary jawn just means anything really in philadelphia) on that board and where the term jawn morphed on there as a stand-in for jeans before evolving into clothes in general. I think he also introduced the word cop as well onto the forum.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby Julio » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:25 am

that's og cassette playa type westie though, i seem to recall his style maturing nicely. made sense on him.
but also i feel like it's a little odd to talk about him so out of the blue etc

edit:
definitely, but also those words have kind of exploded outwards onto the wilds of the internet. people who've never heard of sufu (or even the concept of online clothing forums) are out here declaring "need 2 cop those jawnz" etc. a little surreal.

Julio

Return to Tags