[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Plain White T's: Greatest hits

Plain White T's: Greatest hits

Clothes

Plain White T's: Greatest hits

Postby hot coffee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Lets talk about the quality, fit, and where to get the best plain white Ts.

Everlane: They suck.
Very well fitting at first.
Wears down quick.
Very thin.
Not worth it for the price.
5/10

Fruit of the Loom: Pretty bad.
Terrible fit.
Wears down quick.
Not as thin as Everlane.
Pretty cheap, you get what you pay for.
4/10

Jockey: Fabulous.
Very good fit.
Holding up very strong.
Still thin, like Everlane thin.
Great for the price.
I bought these while stocking up on food for the boat I was seining on this summer. A pack of these lasted me until I was done fishing for the summer. Very surprising, they took a beating. Bought another pack when I got back to college, but I still wear the old ones. Highly rec.
8/10

Always looking for a better white T, though. Anyone else got some good recommendations?

hot coffee

Re: Plain White T's: Greatest hits

Postby thug » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Mossimo (Target)

Little tight for me at first, gets better after a few wears
Good amount of chest room
Good length
Fair price ($10, like $6 on sale)
8/10

thug

Postby starfox64 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:48 pm

i like all variety of uniqlo tees. i like the premium cotton ones more than the dry package tees, but opinions seem to be divided between which of the two is superior.

muji tees are okay too if a little thin. good for undershirts tho.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby deadkitty » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:57 pm

my problem with dry package tees is that they pill like crazy after a few washes

deadkitty

Postby hunnish » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:32 pm

You liked Jockey? My mom bought me some and they were skin tight and translucent.

I like hanes perfect fit tees. Sized up one and they're great. Decently thick.

hunnish

Postby trav » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:08 pm

I like the slim-fit hanes v-necks from target for an undershirt. I have yet to find a crew neck tee I like.

trav

Postby RycePooding » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:59 pm

our legacy makes the best tee i've ever owned, but can't spend that much on a tee more then once or twice before switching to uniqlo forever

RycePooding

Postby omgimacarrot » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:36 am

Undershirts: Hanes V-Neck. They're light and the v is deep enough to stay out of sight with button downs.

Every day wear: Uniqlo. I'm in between a small and medium and Uniqlo's mediums fit me perfectly after a wash and dry (this is key). A nice boxy cut and the arms don't flare out weird. Unfortunately, I haven't tried any higher tier brand because I can't justify paying over $40 on a white t while being in college. Hopefully one day...

omgimacarrot

Postby adhi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:44 am

velva sheen: very nice!

def size up one to account for shrinkage. the armholes are nicely smaller/fitted. the fabric is decently thick. construction feels great, like the shirt will last a long time. i love how it's NOT sheer at all, so it doesn't feel soft and silky at first you know, but is a very quality shirt in it's own way. it feels 'rougher' at first but grows nicer. soft and silky and sheer aren't the only way to a quality t shirt. the shirt isn't superbly white, which is actually a plus in my book. it's just slightly off of white, but will of course be a white shirt at first glance. what i mean is that it isn't glaringly white/shiny. 8/10 (not higher because i haven't tried many other high end shirts so idk)

adhi

Postby mofaux » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:28 am

Asos scoop neck:
good:
tiny armholes to make you look more jackeder
shows a tasteful amount of collarbone / untraps your traps

bad:
too short.
shoulder seam is just in the wrong place, these are for people with small shoulders :(

American Apparel sheer jersey loose crew
good:
just a little bit see through. oh yeah.
wide neck for additional sluttyness
very comfortable

bad:
the sleeves are a little big

mofaux

Postby adhi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:05 pm

dwindles, i was so confused when schiaparelli once referred to her mum. it took 2-3 posts of seeing 'my mum' to realize what was going on. i guess this means ben really doesn't want us to mention r-ddit at all.

adhi

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:15 am

:( All the white tees I've tried are too thin for me. My nipples always poke out and it looks very awkward. How the hell do people wear thin, drapey white tees without their nipples constantly being exposed?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby LandslideBaby » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:38 am

Still looking for ~the one~. I'm too picky and cheap and it's not a great combination.

LandslideBaby

Postby sknss » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:54 pm

I've been wearing Fruit if the Loom men's tees (size S) for the past few weeks and I really like them. They fit pretty boxy with wide sleeves but I roll them up and that´s perfect for james deaning. :cool: And more importantly they are thick enough that my bra doesn't show through. Thanks bela!!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby balloons » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm

feel like I'm coming to the conclusion that there is no 'best' white tee because getting the right fit is so important with these and so many fit so differently that it's really user specific. I've tried mossimo and velva sheen and several others in between and I feel like I'm still searching for what works best for me

the challenge is exacerbated when so many tees within the same brand fit so incredibly differently thanks to shitty qual control. hell, at this point I'm pretty sure the shitty qc is actually part of the appeal of american apparel, like when you buy a tee at a concert and it's just the band logo and tour dates screenprinted on some bulk ordered am app 2001 jersey tee. you pick your usual size but will it be too tight? too big in the sleeves? just right but will shrink in the wash? who knows! excitement!

I've semantic satiation w/ the word "tee" now

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby starfox64 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:08 pm

i actually think supreme makes the best tee shirts, but they are usually not plain. they are thick and are kind of but aren't super super boxy.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby hot coffee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Bought some Hanes today, I feel like the only person that has never wore them before. I'll strictly wear these for a while, and tell how I like them in a month or so! Fit great so far +mildly thick.

hot coffee

Postby mofaux » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Got a new shirt, american apparel viscose sexuai-tee.

http://store.americanapparel.net/viscos ... _rsavc400r

size +1 fits medium.

(aa, julius, dayton)

The neckline is slutty, the shirt is a little sheer, and the fabric falls very nicely. My back looks jacked as shit in this thing would rec.

mofaux

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Hijacking this thread for general t-shirt discussion, since I think it'd be redundant to have another "t-shirt" thread.

Recently bought some American Apparel viscose t-shirts on Mofaux/Huhwot's suggestion. These are really nice. I opted for the regular version rather than the Sexuali one, as it was on sale.

For reference I am 5'7", 130lbs and Target tees fit me like this: http://i.imgur.com/ECuxIG0.png

Here are some pics of the viscose tees

in taupe:

in black:

Definitely size up with these. I got an M and I still feel like I could've gone a size larger (I will probably buy a handful more in size L)

Really wish these came in more/better colours. Anyone know of any similar tees out there?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:40 pm

@sidewalk I would definitely size up. I wouldn't go smaller than a Small, unless you are very tiny (like 13 years old tiny) or a girl. American Apparel already runs slim, and these seem even slimmer than their regular tees.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby bels » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 am

Can anyone comment on the MUJI tshirts that come in a pack of two? Are they underwear or bargain basics?

Forsee myself putting a hard order in at www.gap.com because they're the only retailer I can think of atm with multi buy offers on tshirts

bels
Yung Winona

Postby insted » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:30 am

last post on a fashion forum... why are we still even considering fast fashion? bye all ~

insted

Postby bels » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:54 am

=[ Genuinely will miss you .

Hope you find what you're looking for.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 am

starfox64

Postby Bootz_Rex » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:38 am

The Gap's essential white t is pretty awesome.

It fit like a wet noodle at first but after a month or so of heavy wear and washes it molded to my body. Now after at least a year it's one of my favorite pieces of clothing. Pretty damn boxy cut. But I like that, contrasts with my skinny fame. nomsayin?

Bootz_Rex

Postby oucho » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:30 pm

continental are a wholesale brand that stock t-shirt companies and shit or whatever, but if you look around you can find plenty of places that will sell you one of them, they have a pretty big range but the N45 is the best one, it costs less than £5 has a good fit and feels AMAZINGLY soft, they don't shrink in the wash or lose their quality at all, I print designs onto them for t-shirts

fruit of the loom/hanes/american apparel/almost every other cheap tee are kinda bad from my experience

uniqlo packet tees are also nice although after one wash my one already has quite a few bobbly bobbles

oucho

Postby frogosaurus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Love my velva sheen t's. They come in both plain and w/ pocket. adhi got most of the major points, but to comment on the material, they feel like a heftier version of your classic gildan t shirt, in that they don't have any sort of sheen and aren't super soft, but the construction is fantastic.

frogosaurus

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:55 pm

@oucho I accidentally stumbled upon this brand a while back and searched for quite some time trying to find anyone that would sell them to me. I had no luck. Their tees looked interesting though.

Does anyone know who makes good longsleeve tees? The longer the sleeve length, the better.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:06 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby oucho » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 am

well I get mine from my t-shirt printer but I've stumbled across a few sites that sell them, I think this is probably your best shot: http://www.europeanwear.com/ I think it's their official site, it definitely looks like it is, you can buy one t-shirt or twenty

this is the one I was talking about: http://www.europeanwear.com/cgi-bin/sh0 ... 4836#a4836

the bamboo cotton mix is really soft and nice

actually not sure if they deliver to US, I don't live there so I haven't really looked into that

oucho

Next

Return to Tags