[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Plain White T's: Greatest hits

Plain White T's: Greatest hits

Clothes

Re: Plain White T's: Greatest hits

Postby mofaux » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:32 pm

mofaux

Postby MxmHrpr » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Your TOJ and shoe collection are all end game shit for me.. Super jealous of those pieces.

MxmHrpr

Postby hot coffee » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Info on that green coat, though??

And to finally get an update on this thread:

I've been sizing up on Hanes and shrinking them, been my favorite white tee as of late.
7/10

I now hate Jockeys
2/10

hot coffee

Postby djwildchina » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:30 pm

I just a couple of these BDG box fit tees in black and navy from UO. They fit super big so I ended up sizing down to XS. Pretty long with slit vent at the hem. Def not as fitted as others, but if thats not what you're going for I think they work.

Product Pic

Gonna give one a wash and dry and see how much it shrinks. If anyone is interested I can post an update or fit pics then.

djwildchina

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Roden gray in house line has had these out for a few months but they just put them online: http://rodengray.com/collections/no-8/p ... shirt2pack I picked up a single black one in store back then.

really soft, thin but not see through at all, very narrow collar and hems. pretty standard cut. same ballpark as acne classic or apc jean touitou, very fine, almost luxury basic.

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:21 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53 ... et-t-shirt

whats the point of doing 15 different sizes and not actually measuring the garments

and why do you need to raise €10k before you can start making plain tee shirts

lol at the everlane style costs infographic:

ramseames

Postby thephfactor » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:26 am

There's something profoundly gratifying about finding a great plain white t-shirt. I recently bought a Fine Jersey Short Sleeve T-Shirt from American Apparel. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I was trying to find t shirts that fit and looked like the ones they wear in Mad Men and the film Le Samouraï, and the AA product was linked to on a ... well, on an Esquire.com slideshow. It couldn't have worked out better, though. It somehow seems to fit right, is incredibly comfortable, and something I actively enjoy wearing. It's odd how fulfilling an aspect of your wardrobe, even the most humble aspect, can be so satisfying. :3

thephfactor

Postby starfox64 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 am

kickstarter is putting a bunch of middlemen out of business.

won't someone think of the middlemen?!

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:01 pm

In order:
1. Homespun (looks like a great shape)

2. American Apparel

3. Healthknit for Universal Products (1LDK)

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby wumbo17412 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Gonna try and mentally go through all the white t's I've tried or own or have owned and give a bit of a breakdown. Will evaluate neckline, body fit, length and material.

My body: 6'1 with long-ish torso, standard US XL, so not super typical for this forum or internet fashion in general. Thick-ass 18" linebacker neck.

Uniqlo Supima XL (my gold standard, not perfect but more or less best all-purpose I own. Herein referred to as QS)
neckline: standard for a crew, maybe a bit tight on me but not scooped by any measure
fit: tight at first but stretches out nicely after a bit of time
length: just right for me even after the dryer.
material: not the softest but still quite nice. By far the most durable I've owned. Great collar that stays flat, tee keeps its shape and brightness like none I've ever owned.
What would make it perfect: looser, shorter sleeves for the '50s Brando/Dean look, more relaxed neck, ever-so-slightly looser in body.

Uniqlo Dry packaged XL
neckline: bit looser than QS but still pretty standard
fit: looser throughout than QS, not tight or needing to stretch out at all.
length: a touch longer than QS, still in the range that I like
material: okay, pills quickly, not as soft as QS, doesn't hold brightness as well.

Elwood Split Hem Tall tee XXL
neckline: slightly relaxed, toes the line between crew and scoop
fit: close to QS through body
length: long af (35.5" according to the site), meant for layering, mainly use these under things with side zips but occasionally wear by themselves. Shrunk in length a bit (1-1.5" I guesstimate)
material: not bad but nothing to write home about, not the best or worst at holding brightness, lose shape after a day's wear but snap back after a wash

Get Fresh Company (local TO streetwear company) barebones scoop tee XXL
neckline: doesn't live up to the scoop name, basically a standard crewneck
fit: about the same as QS, maybe a touch tighter at first but stretches
length: about as long as the Elwood tee, this one has a curved hem though, basically use it the same as the Elwood
material: bulletproof, this tee is heavy, heaviest t shirt material I've ever felt. Retains shape after washes, merely average at retaining brightness

Bread and Boxers crew neck relaxed XL (runner-up for favourite tee)
neckline: perfect scoop neck opening, shows just enough collarbone to be interesting and are ideal for wearing under unbuttoned shirts
fit: similar to QS
length: just a touch too short for my liking but still overall very wearable
material: not bad, a bit thin for my liking, keeps shape and brightness quite well

Asos scoop XXXL
neckline: fucked, wayyyy too deep, damn near showed my nipples before going through the washer/dryer
fit: in the body the fit was okay, looser than QS but tighter than the dry packaged
length: too short before shrinkage, barely makes it below my bellybutton after going through the dryer. What kind of person are these tees made for?! It's pattern scaling gone absolutely mad.
material: surprisingly soft and thick, keep their brightness well and shape okay. Damn shame everything else about them is completely ridiculous. I use mine as undershirts now

Target Merona XL
neckline: actually can't remember because I got rid of this tee a while back, can't imagine it being particularly different from the norm
fit: fit nice in the body, similar to the Asos
length: too short, which is why I had to get rid of it, not as short as Asos but short enough to make me feel uncomfortable reaching up or bending over
material: really really great for the price. Fantasticly soft, kept colour and shape, shame about the length, too bad I won't get to give these a second chance now that Target had to GTFO of Canada

Land's End Canvas (from like 4-5 years ago) XL
neckline: pretty standard as well, like Qlo dry packaged iirc (also got rid of these awhile back)
fit: Really great, favourite body fit of any white tee I've had, in between QS and dry packaged but cut to be really flattering to my upper body. Absolutely loved how these fit through the body (goes to show how slight differences can change things, this tee and the two above have all fit pretty similar measurements-wise but I have vastly different opinions as to which I prefer.)
length: had the same problem as the Merona tee, was slightly longer than the Merona but still too short for my comfort
material: soft but not the softest , nice thick material that keeps colour reasonably well and shape very well.

T by Alexander Wang Classic Scoop Neck XL
neckline: nicely scooped, maybe a touch too big for me but still something I'm happy with
fit: not perfect but very good, a bit looser than QS at first but stretches near instantly
length: maybe an inch shorter than I'd wish it to be, but still wearable
material: softer than a silk bag of puppies, God I love the feel of these. Very light, lose shape quickly and not particularly flattering after a day's wear but snap back after a wash. Not that great at keeping brightness.

Hanes XL
neckline: pretty good, similar to Qlo dry packaged
fit: surprisingly nice, also like Qlo dry packaged but slightly more flattering and maybe a bit more loose
length: pretty much about where I like it for a regular tee, super long before the washer/dryer but shrinks to ideal length
material: not particularly soft, about same weight as dry packaged, pills, keeps shape okay, awful at keeping brightness, all mine fade to a disgusting yellow-grey after enough wears

AA XTall XL
neckline: too tight for my liking, collar sucks too, won't lay flat, will likely be vastly improved by cutting off the collar
fit: just tighter than QS but also stretch to a nice fit
length: really good after shrinkage, regular AA tees became too short after shrinkage, these are longer than the QS but not as long as the Elwood
material: unremarkable, I imagine most of you have owned AA tees before so you know how they feel, nothing special, fade and lose brightness after enough wears, moderate weight, pills after enough wears, loses shape after enough wears

AA Power washed XL
neckline: much better than the XTall, much more relaxed, looser than the dry packaged but tighter than elwood. Much better collar too
fit: relaxed, loosest tee I own, almost too loose for me but fits flattering in the upper body
length: almost too long, just shorter than the Elwood, tougher to wear a relaxed fit tee like this at my size but the fit in the body make it better.
material: softer than the XTall but similar in most other ways, don't know how it'll age as I've not owned this one for very long, the one I have in black has aged very well aside from some fading

Wings and Horns XL
neckline: not applicable as I own this in a v-neck (back when I wore v-necks)
fit: tightest I own, especially in the sleeves, probably should just admit that it's too tight for me at this point but it does stretch to an acceptable fit after a few hours (I use it as an undershirt nowadays)
length: about the same as QS
material: not a radically different feel from AA other than it ages better. Keeps better shape, keeps brightness and doesn't pill

Well that went longer than I expected, will update if I remember other tees I own.

wumbo17412

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:18 am

costco tees fit pretty close to supreme tees, nice and long, neck isn't long, long ish sleeves. Can't beat the price either, god bless cost co

size medium 5'9

BIGBEE

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:42 pm

I just found out about this shop that sells nothing but white Ts: . Seems pretty cool - name is a fun play on hex codes. Cool concept

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:35 pm

has anyone tried united athle? what's fit like?

BIGBEE

Previous

Return to Tags