[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - 2015 Style Resolutions

2015 Style Resolutions

Clothes

Re: 2014 Style Resolutions

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:21 am

I resolve to buy more black.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Buy no leather

Eat less sugar

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby kyung » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:18 pm

style: less impulse purchases, spending less time with "online fashun" in general, losing all of this holiday chub

not style: to call my parents more often, spend some more time with my grandma, talk to a therapist

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby nucktux » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:52 am

Quit it with the boring "plain shorts + 'Enfield Tennis Academy' tee + rod lavers" thing. Get my wardrobe in shape for a hot climate and grow my hair out while I'm still a filthy backpacker. Run more, lift more, eat more, read more, write more. Move to LA.

nucktux

Postby balloons » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:23 pm

wear my stuff in some more. most of my shoes look way too new. feel like now I've got most of the clothes I want so all that's really left is to wear them in. will likely be making waaaay less purchases this year.

also would like to pare down my pants choices. I'm always gonna have tons of random tees but I really don't think I need more than a few pairs of jeans. light wash, black jeans that get worn in, black jeans that stay black, maybe a gray pair (unsure), old raws, and newer raws. I don't really wear chinos that often so I think cutting down on all the stuff I don't love should help give me more closet space + less mental clutter. I really only wear a rotation of like five pairs of pants anyway, and it's not a very balanced rotation either, so this shouldn't be too difficult. more difficult will probably be the question of "should I donate this or would it be worth it to sell it?"

I also sort of dream of being able to put together an outfit in under a minute and be happy with how I look. most days I just do flannel/band tee/jeans/sneakers, but I can get pretty fussy with dumb details. don't like the colors of that flannel + that tee. this tee has a sliiightly scoopier neckline than the other so I don't want this slimmer flannel but then the colors are too samey so I have to switch shoes. don't think this band tee makes sense to wear with boots. I want these shoes to start getting more worn in so I should switch tees to accommodate them. I already did light wash trucker + black jeans two days this week; it's just lazy to do it again. etc.

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff but now I have to board a plane so might come back to edit this but maybe not

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:25 am

Get below 12% bodyfat It's so much easier to dress yourself when you're not concerned about hiding extra weight and are comfortable with your body. Also I'm storing more fat in my face now than a couple years ago, so get rid of that.

Find a hairstyle I like Such a freaking struggle to be happy with my hair. No longer seeing my barber because he messed up my haircut in a big way last time, and I can't keep paying $30 for a haircut that may or may not be what I want. Going to grow my hair out while I decide what I want to do with it. Have since invested in beanies.

Clean out my closet Not a huge deal, and it's nowhere near hoarder-level, but there is definitely a bunch of clothes which I haven't worn in years that I've been putting off donating.

Develop a style and wardrobe that I'm proud of Right now, even though I do have some nice pieces, my overall wardrobe and the outfits I wear on a day-to-day basis aren't that exciting to me or reflect what I want to achieve style-wise.

ohnodeadchickens

Postby oieoou » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Design and make my own clothing: Tired of not being able to afford or find the exact type of piece I want.

Be like Brandon Babenzien: Have that style thats a cross between a Wes Andersen movie and New York urbanite.

oieoou

Postby germinal » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:11 pm

s/s;

in decreasing order of likelihood:

gosha vans
white authentics
bleSS stuff
gosha shirt and hat
peir wu trousers
dries shirt
yang li vans
raf x fp polo (maj has got me fiending for the ss13 one i passed on)
raf adidas

a/w:

we'll see what the shows have to offer but i want

a weird knit
a weird coat
a weird scarf
and some weird shoes

i aim to hang out with more people this year

e: and i need a couple of belts
and socks, lotsa socks

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

smiles, both the hat and the vans can be seen in the lookbook here, i've been eyeing them for months http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/art ... nskiy-ss14

and as it transpires the vans dropped yesterday at number3store, costing more than i anticipated and they've sold out already... :( hopefully they'll be stocked elsewhere

germinal
Garminlad

Postby hooplah » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 pm

1. exercise
2. don't settle for cheap shit just because you have the itch to buy
3. start ebaying (both buying and selling) diligently again
4. dress however you want to no matter how odd you look in comparison to your friends
5. don't ever get straight bangs again

also non-fashion related, convince parents to get a shiba inu

hooplah

Postby smiles » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:40 pm

yeah 350 euros for vans is pretty steep even by CDG standards.

Should come to LN-CC I hope.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby starfox64 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:42 pm

i don't really like new years resolutions, but this is the stuff i plan/want/need to do over the next 6-12 months

fashion:

1. sell one of my TOJ leathers, buy something else
2. buy some dress shoes
3. finish unloading all of the stuff i don't wear

non-fashion:
1. get the fuck out of korea
2. make some meaningful relationships
3. go to the world cup

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:55 pm

not exactly but i got back together with my ex which is kind of a thing. achieved my other two non-fashion resolutions though.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby charybdis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 am

Speaking of which, it's been six months or so? How go new years resolutions?

I guess I didn't make any because this thread happened during my C-T hiatus.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby prawnzee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 am

prawnzee

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 am

Syeknom

Postby rjbman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby purkinje » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:07 pm

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby chilljin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:03 pm

work out more and eat more are my goals as my uni experience so far is turning me into a skeleton which looks odd for someone with relatively broad shoulders.

working out and gaining (smiling) should have started earlier

with my most recent clothing purchases im pretty pleased with my wardrobe currently, and i'm not really going to be able to afford much more in the coming months, but i feel my style will return to a better level as recently what i've been wearing has gotten lazy and uninspiring.

v happy with my own style, am at a point right now where i can roll out of bed throw shit on and still feel cool - even receive compliments. First part went well until i discovered dries CURSE U SYEK

also beard please

:'(

chilljin

Postby prawnzee » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:12 pm

prawnzee

Re: 2015 Style Resolutions

Postby michaelmao » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:56 am

style-wise, i want to to fine tune where i'm at right now. i do feel like my wardrobe is lacking to support the style i want to achieve. also need to allocate my money a lot better whether it be for school, food, or clothes. prioritizing the important aspects of my life is most definitely something that needs to happen at this point in my life.

maybe i'll spend a little less time looking at clothes all day and start living a bit.

for myself outside of fashion, i want to get a little healthier and try to keep my apartment at least a little bit clean. i have been doing some regular exercise in an attempt to shed off some lbs.

michaelmao

Postby smiles » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:07 am

No more baller footwear.
No more rakuten
No more black

More brown
More story
More tender
More buying from my bro keith at incredibles. Shout out to Japanese retail prices.

No more rules.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby absurdmind » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:39 am

2015 year of the stripes
acquire nicer leather double rider by thrifting more
basically fall further down the well of 80's post-punk aesthetic
try the socks and sandals thing
figure out what reading glasses look cool on me since ill need them soon (thinking harry potter/george costanza style)
maybe make all this cohere well
try at least one different haircut

absurdmind

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:40 am

Get an item (used) from my personal big three that I can/will wear:

* Carol Christian Poell

* vlaada chvatil

* Carpe Diem/Continues (Maurizio Altieri)

Boro-ize/patchwork my Vans

Get a stronger S/S wardrobe

More Devoa

Compromise less

Buy something(s) in a striking color, but will still work in my wardrobe (white or red outerwear/gloves/belt/boots)

Work out more, but not necessarily gain muscle mass that will make me larger

Non-fashion/style: pull up those damn computer science grades

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby bels » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:31 am

2015 year of the casual suit.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mike868y » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:53 am

less outerwear purchases
less blues, more earth tones
more paying retail for things i really want
more shirts in interesting fabrics
more basics (pants - unis gio skinny, t shirts - vela sheen, OCBDs - uniqlo)
upgrade my knitwear above woolovers
replace my beat to shit grensons with alden indys for office wear
custom crepe sole suede loafers
finally buy a damn denim jacket
buy an eg shawl and figure out how to wear it

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:54 am

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby vgtbls » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 pm

2015: Quit fast fashion. It's not worth it*.

*Barring some really dope collabs

vgtbls

Postby bhajz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:58 pm

2015: be less boring
buy more CDG + Ganryu

bhajz

Postby frogosaurus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:16 pm

2015:

1. Only buy clothes that I love, period.
2. Use more interesting color palettes
3. Find a silhouette / fit that works for me and then have fun with it
4. Get better shoes

Non-fashion:

1. Cut down on time wasted on my laptop
2. Read & write every day
3. Eat more healthily

Still working on those, I guess.

frogosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to Tags