[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - 2015 Style Resolutions

2015 Style Resolutions

Clothes

2015 Style Resolutions

Postby teck » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:45 pm

What are your style/clothing/fashion 2014 New Year's resolutions?

teck

Re: 2014 Style Resolutions

Postby smiles » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:55 pm

1. Buy (and wear) Bobbin and Katy's jeans at least 3X per week.
2. limit purchases. try to stick with facetasm and cdg.
3. don't buy so many clothes.
4. improve my sewing skills

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby thug » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Buy more clothes

Branch out to different brands

Start posting fits

thug

Postby Syeknom » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Don't know so much about making resolutions as a statement of intended change or dynamic action but I'm increasingly feeling like I'm on the Right Path for myself and would very much like to build on that.

More Margiela shoes/boots - I wasted almost a year looking for shoes/boots and never being especially happy with any of the options out there, but for some reason(s) MMM line 22 just really lights my fire. The two pairs I own are so amazing to touch and wear and have so many little details that keep me happy. ,The stores are like shoe treasure troves to me. The line is stocked with traditional shoes that are subverted or messed up somehow and the idiosyncrasies and raw destruction of the form just speaks to me like no other. My upcoming year will hopefully involve adding a few more pairs to my collection to flesh out my meager footwear options. Got my eye on a few pairs and the line as a whole is a great exercise in bargain hunting. Got my last pair for £120!

Deeper focus on "letting go" and fully enjoying my clothing. I've spent the last year trying hard to let go of my attachments to Getting It Right or dressing with precision: slouchiness, odd shapes, mixing of "heritage" stuff with more out-there designer stuff and chunky shoes has been my direction and while I don't see myself as being there yet the process is too much fun to give up. I want my clothing to evoke some sense of history and touch the past but to also tell a present day narrative. Skinny/sharp/aggressive/masculine/sporty clothes don't get me going and I want my clothing to be more at peace and restful. Brands like Yohji, Margaret Howell, Stephan Schneider, SEH Kelly and Dries Van Noten all hit those notes perfectly for me.

More reason to wear clothes - a big one for me but more lifestyle related. I wear suits all day and I've gotten into a rut of just coming home, kicking into my pjs and watching telly/browsing the internet all evening. If I do go out it's often just in basic trou + t-shirt to run an errand. I want to both go out and do things more often (obviously not just for clothes, but to enjoy life more) and to further drop out of the mindset that my expensive clothes are "nice clothes" that need to be saved for something.

Syeknom

Postby chilljin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:15 pm

work out more and eat more are my goals as my uni experience so far is turning me into a skeleton which looks odd for someone with relatively broad shoulders.

that counts as style right? it effects my clothing choices for now anyway.

with my most recent clothing purchases im pretty pleased with my wardrobe currently, and i'm not really going to be able to afford much more in the coming months, but i feel my style will return to a better level as recently what i've been wearing has gotten lazy and uninspiring.

also beard please

chilljin

Postby teck » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:21 pm

honestly all resolutions are all welcome here. down with the duplicitous oligarchy!

teck

Postby rjbman » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:18 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby hot coffee » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:42 pm

hot coffee

Postby errantposture » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:13 pm

everything is getting better but everything could be a lot better
errantposture

Postby wax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:39 pm

just one: buy fewer items, but buy the more expensive things I actually want.

wax

Postby purkinje » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 pm

try harder to not get food on my clothes

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby pips » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:21 pm

This is more about personal growth than it is about style but to be less inhibited/self-conscious about myself, including the way I dress. I have a habit of imposing baseless restrictions of what I can and cannot wear or buy. Hopefully in 2014 I'll let go a little bit and relax.

I also want to clear my shopping list once and for all. That list is practically unchanged for a couple years yet despite having the capacity to buy things now I feel paralyzed and manage to buy only a few things (see above).

Follow through with my DIY plans. I now have the tools and materials, no more excuses.

pips

Postby prawnzee » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 pm

prawnzee

Postby silvaeri » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:40 pm

i'm with you calc! i need stop spilling things on my clothes.

resolutions for me:

figure out what i actually want to do with how i dress and blend the flintstone i have into something personally cohesive

keep growing out my hair.

Non-clothing related: stop wasting my idle time, work harder on growing as a designer and put that towards finding some sort of internship for the summer. get back into the routine of going to gym/upping the amount i cycle in preparation for joining the university cycling club next fall.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby inherently » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:53 am

Style-wise, I want to mostly keep doing what I'm doing, except I want it to be a little more interesting. I've been trying out various different things, none of which have worked out so far.

I also need to buy pants other than jeans.

Personal life-wise, I want to keep doing interesting stuff. I want to be the kind of person that my 8-year-old self would look up to. I'm gonna try out archery with a friend later next week, and I might take a bar-tending class or something.

inherently

Postby omgimacarrot » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:06 am

Life: Do more things with my time like many have said. I need to learn to branch out and stop being comfortable with mediocrity. I'm learning to cook and going to start a garden.

Style: I need to get more interesting pieces. Stop spending on things I will never wear. Start spending on quality items. Find out what I like and what I want. Stop being so damn fickle (this goes for both style and life).

omgimacarrot

Postby Capt » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:54 am

Capt

Postby danaleldey » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:58 am

-learn different sewing techniques
-make my own shirts
-buy clothes that aren't black (but not also "loud" colors)
-to dress more for myself and not for other people

danaleldey

Postby hharrissonn » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:03 am

- wear less fitted pants
- sell off stuff i don't need
- own cool hoodies
- wear sneakers a lot

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:45 am

|Stop chickening on cops, and start actually using my money and buying the things I actually want|
|Don't buy stuff you think you need, give it some time and then see if you still want it|
|If you see Raf x Adidas shoes for £75 then you don't hesitate, you buy them you idiot|
|If you see a raf ombre sweater again, you buy it instead of chickening out and "giving" it to another redditor|

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby rudy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:36 am

rudy

Postby Catfush » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:58 pm

-Try to buy mostly used/vintage clothing
-Aim for a more slouchy, relaxed look
-Repurpose old clothes
-Learn to sew
-Learn an instrument (Guitar or piano or both)
-Branch out from baking and start learning how to cook
-Keep up with crocheting

Catfush

Postby Capt » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Tech, I was looking at a yohji one off Rakuten. I'm thinking it might be from the SS04 skirt collection which would be all sorts of badass.

Capt

Postby teck » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Style:
-be more thoughtful about my purchases
-try to push the envelope of my style
-don't take my clothes or style too seriously.

personal:
-write more
-create more
-check my temper
-don't take myself too seriously.

teck

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Style: Not many, mostly simplify and keep on the track that I've been on by keeping a continuous no-cop unless it's perfect.

Personal: Stop wasting time. I thought that I didn't have enough time to do so many things so I excused myself from doing things. Once I actually took a look at how I spend my time I realized I waste hours dicking around on the internet. Goals for next semester include better grades, join two clubs, get a part time job, read more, play more, record more. Not enough time in this life for me to be wasting it.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby b4my » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Style: Buy more nice socks, stop buying shoes, get some visvim in my life, find the balance between caring and looking like I'm trying too hard.

Oh, and POST A FUCKING FIT HERE.

Life: Go hiking and running a lot, don't be afraid to radically express myself, make my radio show into a really coherent thing, just try and be a positive person and never look down on anyone.

b4my

Postby ptozzi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Style:
-Limit the amount of saturated colors in my wardrobe. Gonna stick to mostly black, white, grey, navy, and earth tones.
-Fill the holes in my wardrobe from the bottom up and the outside in. Shoes and sweatshirts and button ups are priority number 1.
-Continue working towards a body type that better suits my style.

Not style:
-Drink less. One time a week should be plenty.
-Spend the time I would spend drinking on a new hobby.
-Eat better in order to achieve my fitness goals.

ptozzi

Postby spicedreams » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Style-wise I feel okay with where I'm at, just need to fill in my wardrobe a bit but will do that very slowly. Also need to find a balance between finding flintstone from the internet and not getting caught in the hype.

Personal:
-Climb more, hopefully go up a grade or 2 in bouldering & sport
-Hike more. Now that I live in an area close to actual hiking gotta take advantage of it
-Swim more so that I don't drown pursuing next goal
-Learn how to surf
-Make more friends in the area that aren't just from my grad program
-Explore socal more
-Hopefully publish a paper this year

spicedreams

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 pm

* eat more, workout regularly
* buy less cheap shit, unless it's really, really cheap shit.
* buy a few expensive pieces instead of settling for stuff i end up hating a week after i get it
* more lad musician

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:45 am

to not be so fucking fat ugh

JonjoShelvey

Next

Return to Tags