[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - best buy / worst buy

best buy / worst buy

Clothes

best buy / worst buy

Postby balloons » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 pm

what was your best purchase in 2013?
what was your worst?

share here

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Re: best buy / worst buy

Postby balloons » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:39 pm

feel like my worst was probably this farm tactics tee

not because it's a bad shirt or anything but I just feel so nothing about it. it's alright for layering but it was just something I really have no reason to have other than that I already have it. selling it would probably be more hassle than it's worth so I keep it around for when I'm low on base layers (if they're all in the wash or whatever). it was $30 but it's the littler purchases that get me. I justify it by saying it's not a huge buy and then I have all this little okayish stuff when I should've saved up for something better.

still trying to work out my best purchase. my white pf flyers I bought back in february have gotten way more wear than I ever expected and they're nicely worn in now, but I dunno if "white canvas sneakers" is that interesting of an answer. thinking about this makes me realize how much I've bought and sold this year. feels like it's been much longer than a year. I don't think it's even been a year since I took my first ever fit pics.

time to go reminisce

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Best purchase: Probably my Baldwins. I basically wear them every day, they've been a real workhorse for me. Just about as dependable a pair of jeans as I could've asked for; really enjoy the fades that have started to come in. With the way my style is trending I don't see myself purchasing another expensive pair of normal indigo raws in the future, but for what I mostly wear now these have been great and I will certainly mourn their passing, no matter how far my style drifts from them. Basically makes them the opposite of my next purchase, don't regret these and am happy I got them.

Worst purchase: Sadly, gonna have to go with my BoO OCBD. I undersized it though I didn't realize at the time, spent too much, wasn't careful enough with a white shirt and stained it a bit making reselling not really an option, and it just doesn't fit into where I want my style to go to as well. Ultimately it served as a nice lesson though: Think through my purchases more, take more precautions with my clothes, and search harder for deals. I wear my plain old Uniqlo OCBD more often, so again, a lesson learned when it comes to where I put my money.

I really didn't purchase very many clothes at all this year, certainly a dearth of larger purchases. Moving forward hopefully I'll have secured a decent job for next semester by then end of break so I can put a little more change towards my hobbies, and with my experiences I should be able to spend that money more wisely. Looking forward to what 2014 has in hold for me, and looking forward to see where your guys' styles go as well! Glad to have such a nice community here as well!

Mippipopolous

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Best: Guidi side zips. Just noticed a silly defect on them, but it's not damaging. So easy to put on

Worst: WvG membership. Simply because I haven't used it yet.

Real worst: MA_Julius low neck. I can't figure out how to wear it.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby kyung » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:54 pm

my favorite purchase would probably be this steven alan rain slicker

i grabbed it during the steven alan sample sale this spring and i wear it so often. the fabric is this weird poly/viscose/wool/silk blend that has this great speckling all over and is somehow pretty water resistant. it's roomy enough to layer under, but also drapes well with less clothing underneath so wearing it in any kind of weather is fine for me. i love it to bits and grabbing it on a deep discount didn't hurt either (smiling)

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby hot coffee » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:40 am

Best: Red Wing iron rangers

Runner-up: APC petit new standards

Worst: an Oakley wool coat. I returned it a month later for an awesome Patagonia down jacket, so w/e.

hot coffee

Postby omgimacarrot » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:07 am

Worst buy: Seconding balloons with the farm tactics tee. The proportions are really weird and for $39, not worth it at all. It shrunk after a cold wash about a whole size. For a small, it comes up to my belt buckle and the sleeves are about an inch from my elbow (i.e really fucking long). The material is pretty nice and the construction is something I'd pay $39 for, but I'll probably never purchase another t from them due to proportions. Also, like balloons said, not worth selling and it'll be something I probably donate.

Best Buy: I'll get back to you in a year to see how my Oak Street camp boots hold up

omgimacarrot

Postby pips » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:07 am

Best: Black Doc Martens 1461 with a plain welt. I wear them with practically everything. A close runner up would be my Bleach Catastrophe skirt with the buttoned front placket. Come to think of it this has been a great year in terms of purchases.

pips

Postby prawnzee » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 am

worst: acne max cash. bought a wrong size because I thought they were supposed to fit tts, but didn't really. they were way too big for me, and fit super poorly. the fabric was nothing special and felt as good/bad as my asos jeans. I get it that people get these for the cut, but they're definitely overhyped jeans. the good thing is, that I got them second hand and didn't pay full retail, ended up selling them to my friend and his butt looks amazing in them, so I'm glad for that

best: toj 2.3 double rider. looking for a leather jacket for a year finally paid off, as I got a great deal on this used but 9.5/10 condition toj dr. definitely my favorite item of my whole wardrobe and I wear it as often as I can. too bad it's winter and I haven't been able to take it to a walk since october or something. someone might argue that I'm not a bad-ass enough looking guy to wear a jacket like this, but whatever. I just like to throw it on and not really think what I have underneath, it's just so easy to put on and feel great in it and I guess that's all that matters. can't say I've ever had a feeling like this just from wearing something

prawnzee

Return to Tags