[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - "setting type is modern couture": fashion x typography

"setting type is modern couture": fashion x typography

Clothes

Re: "setting type is modern couture": fashion x typography

Postby CMYK » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:21 am

Need a little help here. Does anyone know the font Nepenthes NYC uses? As seen here on this OVO collaboration:

I know its some form of an Arts Nouveau/Art Deco/Arts & Crafts style font from the 1920s, but I cant find the specific one. Closest I've got is "Acadian"

But the swirls and uppercase W are juuuuuuust off.

EDIT: More examples because this is going to kill me. Might just work some Illustrator magic to grab the letters I need

CMYK

Postby prairial » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:15 pm

prairial

Postby dbcooper » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:27 pm

I love this thread, wish I had something to post! It's not updated enough !

dbcooper

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:06 am

vachement
helvetica condensed bold

(the tracking is also adjusted to make the letters a bit tighter, i think—just a touch?)

they have quite a bit of type-centric work—the antwerpen tee, the DHL tee—but i am specifically really charmed by all the ways their logo makes its way into various garments (or even shoes!). helvetica is a really lovely pairing for this—"vachement" is such a deliberately neutral name that invites the viewer to project onto it; it is a generic vessel of a term just like helvetica has come to be a generic vessel of a typeface to embody a kind of ahistorical, context-free modernity.

the first image in the album i think is a particularly good expression of the brand. this brand name? vachement. what do we make? CLOTHES (obviously). what is this? a SHIRT. with a COLLAR. [the collar helpfully labeled just to make it clear] [the brand helpfully named just to make it clear]

i have to say i'm not really a fan of the hoodie (justified type!!! those rivers!!! it hurts to see) but i think it does play very well into the current vogue of Discomfiting Design and Deliberate Ugliness and a kind of nineties-revival look at typography that sets you a bit on edge (but in a very pristine, pure, clean way).

schiaparelli

Postby maj » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm

maj

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 am

schiaparelli

Postby bels » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Here's how it plays out. Note the old stock white blouse I added that shows the previous tag / hang tag (plastic tag thing is much less lux than the tiny safety pin) and also the hangars still have the previous logo.

I didn't take a photo of the fact that that the store was basically two stores, the initial handbag store, then the clothes.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:53 pm

nothing big to share except WHAT A FANTASTIC PHOTO IS THIS, PLEASE ENJOY IT WITH ME

the reflected bit looks a lot like a wonky modern fraktur! it's so stellar. blackletter fans assemble!

schiaparelli

Postby riley » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:33 am

new calvin klein logo by raf simons in collaboration with peter saville

riley

Previous

Return to Tags