[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Eyewear

Eyewear

Clothes

Re: Eyewear

Postby Iliam » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Iliam

Postby Syeknom » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Syeknom

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:43 pm

recently was informed about hakusan megane when i mentioned i was looking for cool frames for prescription sunglasses

no idea where to get them outside of japan at the moment but having a frame designed for asian noses means less pushing glasses up. plus, it looks pretty good from what i can tell.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby silvaeri » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Looking for some feedback on if these look good on me? I haven't bought glasses in like 2 years now.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby silvaeri » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 pm

- i think using the front facing camera made them a little weird, but i see what you're saying.

Can I get some feedback on the rest of these try on pairs I have? First image (black glasses) are my current frames. Haven't found anything really like them and kind of want to try something new anyways. (apologies for the bathroom pics but it's the best mirror/lighting i have)

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby olegvv » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:00 am

Hello, hmm....for examaple I like personally like this model https://eyeweardock.com/shop/brand/tous/

olegvv

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:45 pm

my favorite eyewear flintstone is le corbusier.

the miu miu s/s 2015 glasses and their roundness, with the little wire nose bridge, are very appealing to me right now

round glasses are just so lovely to me. hopefully when i next buy glasses i'll be brave enough to try a pair.

schiaparelli

Postby eufemism » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 pm

i'm getting new glasses pretty soon. i visited a local shop and i already have it narrowed down to two or three frames but it never hurts to get opinions. which do you guys think look best?

http://imgur.com/a/pMas4

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Is the last one me?!?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:29 pm

yesssss

Syeknom

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Last edited by SweetJavaBrown on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetJavaBrown

Postby sknss » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:19 am

sorry i was writing a reply and my phone decided to delete it
basically you can choose to get glasses that will complement your face shape like so:
or you can decide to emphasise your features by getting frames in the same shape as your face, like jean pierre coffe (round face/round glasses)

imo the most important is that your eyes are in the centre of the glasses, your eyebrows just above the frames and the frames should be as wide as your face.

try on lots of glasses and you will get an idea of what suits you. bringing a friend also helps.

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:22 pm

I've been told I need rounder frames to suit my face. I currently wear

Purely round like a circle are probably what people are subtly trying to recommend me (or not subtly) but they seem to look kind of ridiculous to me. I once tried my friend's round wire specs and my friends said I looked like Asian Lennon.

Should I aim for a "softer" round shape? Anyone got some examples for me? I'll probably buy when I can get updated prescriptions.

Not sure if the angle of the pic is off... sorry. Hope it is good enough that you can see my face shape.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:34 pm

really really would like semi-rimless round plastic frames for my next pair. unfortunately can't seem to find any at all in my price range (sub-$200). anyone have recommendations?

I'm also considering some clear plastic frames à la but I'm worried I wouldn't really pull them off and they'd just look gimmicky, anyone have opinions on this for me?

on another note, so incredibly tired of the constant "harry potter" remarks. like god damn people. its not like he invented round glasses. not that I didnt expect to get them when I got these frames, but I mean I usually don't care that much about that kind of thing and it still has become so tiresome........ just needed to vent I guess >:^(

harmsalmon

Postby bels » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:56 pm

I used to get harry potter remarks when I wore square glasses. It's a state of being. Like how absolutely everyone on earth knows that I "Work with computers" without talking to me.

Don't worry about not pulling them off. Just buy whatever, wear it for a month and you'll forget that you're wearing them. At that point you will be pulling it off.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:05 pm

getting me all hot and bothered

Syeknom

Postby silvaeri » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:34 pm

back again with more glasses options, i'd appreciate any comments / feedback you all have. tried out some rounder glasses this time and i think because i'm so used to seeing myself with rectangle frames that i'm negatively biased towards how these look, so i'm unsure how they actually look on me.

edit: i'm kind of liking pair 1.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby smiles » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:50 pm

i wouldn't go with black, but one and three look pretty nice. I would go with something that has a little more weight to it.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:11 am

Not usually one for toilet selfies.

But they're just so real life.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby breakadawn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Bought some Sun Buddies Type 02s from Tres-Bien

breakadawn

Postby ryng » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Been really into these Oliver Peoples MP-2 inspired black trimmed metal frames lately

Those are by a Korean brand I recently learned of, Gentle Monster. Anyone know of other similar frames?

ryng

Postby yubbermax » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:13 am

Julius x Kuboraum FW 15

yubbermax

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:39 pm

leaning toward 1(mostly bc I don't think I have strong enough features to do very boldly colored/shaped frames) but input appreciated...... :sweg:

harmsalmon

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:18 pm

i think 4 makes me look like an asian tumblr girl idk if that's a good thing or not

harmsalmon

Postby sknss » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 am

Not a big fan of crystal glasses on your light skin, washes you out a bit. In 123 your eyes are not in the centre of the lens so i would reject them. I like the shape of the frame though. 4th pair looks too similar in shape to your own glasses, what's the point of buying new glasses to look the same.
Try more glasses!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ryng » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Thought I'd share some more frames I got. The first pair are Bausch and Lomb Ful-Vues, probably from mid-20th century. The Ful-Vue style frames are a cool piece of history for first innovating temples above the centerline of the eye, enabling an unobstructed view. They were introduced by American Optical around 1930, inspiring numerous other manufacturers soon after. Cable temples are cool too since I can wear my glasses down to my chin without them falling off.

My next pair, though much more modern relatively, share a similar silhouette. These are Oliver People MP-2s, one of their first models but only recently reintroduced in their Circa 1987 series.

Made in the original Japanese factory rather than the current Luxottica one, these are one of the most intricate frames I've handled, with wonderful filigree work.

Hope you guys enjoyed. More in spoiler!

ryng

Postby thecanadiancook » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:11 am

Geller Oskar Sunglasses finally came in from Japan. All ready for Canadian summer with these smokey lenses.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby Fatiloquent » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:09 am

It's that time again and I need to change my prescription glasses after doing check up.

I'm thinking about copping these nice frames.

Fatiloquent

Postby bels » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Do these make me look like the most important thinker on care tags?

Main attraction was that they come with clip on sunglasses wish is soooo crucial. Main concern is that they could do with sitting a bit higher on my face but without nose pads there isn't really any way to get them to do that.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags