[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Eyewear

Eyewear

Clothes

Re: Eyewear

Postby brlmski » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:29 am

I really like these four
i need to go to nyc some time to actually see them on my face. i'll also probably start wearing my glasses outside of just sitting in class if i can get some sick frames. and probably never lose them ever again unlike my last two pairs since i'll be spending instead of having insurance cover it.

brlmski

Postby ptozzi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:45 pm

ptozzi

Postby ramseames » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:02 pm

side shades are so crucial

mobcler gb

ramseames

Postby Syeknom » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Tried on some glasses in Selfridges. Think they were Oliver peoples

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iffe » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:53 pm

I love glasses. I used to have Ray-Bans, but I accidentally stepped on them so now I have DSquared2 glasses. I think they look nice but they could feel a bit more solid.

iffe

Postby exprof » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Collab video

exprof

Postby Syeknom » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Am i doomed to spend my summer buying mykita sunglass collaborations?

Syeknom

Postby MxmHrpr » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:04 pm

I copped some gold Ray-Ban aviators in 62mm some years back, glad of that purchase and I've not had any problems since as I've looked after them.

Love the oversized nature as they fit my large face. Maybe it's the early 2000's trashy celeb association with oversized aviators, but it looks like they're phasing out 62mm which is a shame. I was going to replace them with some of the polarised versions — as I'm about that no glare, look into bodies of water easier lyf. Though I heard they fuck with iPhone screens, and I use my iPhone more than looking at fish..

Though if I were in the market now, after learning about the market share of Luxottica I'd be in much more of a dilemma. The markups on sunglasses, especially polarised versions are insane, no idea how the market became so concentrated and remains so. Probably cop some Warby Parkers and have them shipped over, they seem to have the right idea about pricing and maybe one of the better companies in the eyewear game in terms of business ethics.

MxmHrpr

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:38 pm

This is one of the shapes I have always wanted. Its a flat shape and unfinished but you get the idea.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby kyung » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:46 pm

you're giving me a bit of a jared leto jizz here, what a handsome man

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby sknss » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 am

I love eyewear so bad. I have never been able to get by with just one pair of specs and I'm surprised that anyone else can. It's more extreme than wearing one pair of jeans or the same shoes daily because it's face furniture.

Obviously the majority of people have one pair (maybe another for sports) and I'm probably in the minority. I never begrudge someone who doesnt need specs wearing them because they're so fucking great and can change a look in one fell swoop.

They also made in such a cool and considered way. Obv more on that to come when ours are done.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby stappard_ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:59 am

stappard_

Postby bels » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Kind of like the margi mykita round sunglasses but god knows what they're going to charge for them so I might get some Ray Ban 3447s in gunmetal instead

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sid3000 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Do we like The Row? I like The Row. Linda Farrow collab has some great round frames that in all likelihood have more economic and pragmatic alternatives but I enjoy them anyway.

sid3000

Postby soundclip989 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:18 pm

ImageImage
Really want some Needles eyewear.

soundclip989

Postby exprof » Thu May 15, 2014 8:45 pm

My current glasses are Oliver Peoples parsons. I've had them for about a year now. I love themmmm. They have a slight cat eye, very flattering on round/heartshaped faces.

Keeping my eyes out for some sunnies at a good price, was lucky enough to find these for 150 AND insurance covered them :-)

exprof

Postby ryng » Fri May 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Eyewear is probably my unhealthiest obsession, but I thought I'd divulge my current rotation.

Left: Swan Optical double bridge frames from the 70s or 80s, with 5-barrel rivet hinges. The interesting thing about these is that the frame is cut out of a single piece of thick aluminum rather than acetate, but its 3mm thickness gives a hefty feel. Never wear these anymore though, since the construction makes nosepads nonexistent.
Right: Thierry Lasry Battery, with gradient prescription lenses.
Middle: SUPER America Silver Francis. These are the frames I wear most often, because of how stupidly comfortable they feel. Here they are originally as sunglasses:

I love the minimal silhouette of the facet, complemented by the sharp angular lines behind the frames, as well as the mirror finish temples. The construction and acetate are excellent for a sub-$200 frame.

Since carrying both prescription sunglasses and specs are a hassle, though, I've recently acquired a pair of vintage Bausch and Lomb clip ons that fit the frames fairly well. Much more convenient.

And here's a pair of Wilkie safety glasses from the 50's, also with 5-barrel riveted hinges. It's difficult to tell, but they're actually composed of some stiff self-healing rubber, so it's near impossible to scratch the frames, but also damn near impossible to adjust unfortunately, so they're not as comfortable as I'd like. Still, they make great beaters.

Lastly, I decided to try out some Moscot Lemtosh repros because the 7-barrel hinges are to die for, but the silhouette seems a little too rounded out and modernized for my taste, compared to the classic Tart Arnels. I'm selling these if anyone's interested.

I'd like to get my hands on some Cutler and Gross and Masunaga frames next.

Last edited by ryng on Sat May 24, 2014 12:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
ryng

Postby exprof » Fri May 23, 2014 11:59 pm

I have also been looking for clip-ons for the pair I posted above. Not really sure how to go about finding a pair, would love some that flip up though...

exprof

Postby ryng » Sat May 24, 2014 12:05 am

No one really sells these kinds of clip-ons individually anymore, but I'd search "Bausch and Lomb clip-on" or "American Optical clip-on" on eBay, they can usually be had for about $30, and the G15 glass lenses are excellent. Just make sure the marked size (48, 50, etc) and measurements match the width and height of your lenses.

ryng

Postby thatbiglake » Mon May 26, 2014 11:39 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby Syeknom » Tue May 27, 2014 3:59 am

are rather gorgeous

Made by Cutler and Gross, metal frame supporting acetate rims

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Vintage Issey from the '80s

Syeknom

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Getting into looking better has really spited me against my perfect vision. A beautiful pair of glasses, in my mind, could definitely make a very strong outfit out of every day wear.

Anyway, since I know very little about eyewear, my favorite in a range I could buy definitely goes to the Han Kjobenhavn "Snow" print. I believe it's available on many of their frames. Seems like it would go lovely with a gray tee, navy shorts, and white sneakers.

popcorn

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:31 am

Syeknom

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Looking at grabbing some Warby Parker sunglasses.

http://www.warbyparker.com/sunglasses/m ... lver-black

Completely oblivious of eyewear, I don't like the shiny things on the edges, like just regular black tint, and a black frame. Figure these fit the bill. Want to avoid the class wayfarer style because 99% of the people at my high school wear them or knock-offs.

Thoughts? Would love some enlightenment.

e:

Might just have them send me 5 pairs, try them all, then pick. Cool service.

JewTurk

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:59 pm

A word on polarized lenses:

They're more expensive and more likely (not always) offer better UV protection from the sun but they're not always *better*.

They make reading screens (that includes phones, laptops, etc.) way harder than non polarized. Pilots etc. cant use them in the cockpit for that reason and I steer clear of them because phones are already a bitch to read in sunlight.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sagc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:11 pm

My Yohji frames, no idea how old/anything about them:

I was pretty much instantly sold on them upon seeing the hinges.

sagc

Postby thatbiglake » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:55 am

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

PreviousNext

Return to Tags