[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Loans

Loans

Clothes

Loans

Postby maj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:03 pm

The idea of this thread is to loan out items we are currently not wearing to our friends for a period of time, from weeks, to months to indefinitely. If you have some gear knocking about which you don't want to sell but aren't using offer it up here with your sizes and what you're looking for, or even out of goodwill. Also part social experiment. You might need some gear for a social event or just want to try something new before buying it, stuff that doesn't warrant buying ore crap.

This is based on trust so let's set down some ground rules:

* original owner of the item is under no obligation to trade if they don't feel confident

* anyone looking to borrow must list items they are willing to loan first

* minimum term is two weeks (shipping times not included)

* person wanting the item pays postage (tracked both ways)

* any Attempt at tomfoolery with returning loans will be met with public shaming (possible ousting/mob violence)

* clothing world tours are STRONGLY encouraged, along with unique items.

Shipping rule may seem steep but users are encouraged to do irl pick ups at meets ect, community bonding and world tours ect. Use good judgement and don't be a dick.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

*rules subject to change at any time in relation to constantly unfolding events

Last edited by maj on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maj

Re: Foreign exchange program

Postby McOdsen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:13 pm

pretty crazy idea but seems cool

My godson will be there
McOdsen

Postby maj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:14 pm

To get things rolling on offer from me

- Cpcompany m65 shacket in brown sz50 ( fits like a small m)
- wtaps Philly tee size l ( fits like an m )
- selection of flannel and a cos x john size s
- awecs goretex size s
- selection of shoes in a 7

Pics tomorrow as I'm at me nans

If any of you have a nice stone mac like jacket or some interesting knits hit me up

maj

Postby bels » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Is your m65 shacket seriously a size 50? Would have thought that's huge.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Looooove this idea Maj, fantastic thread.

Couple pieces I've worn a ways but are too sentimental to just sell:

Clarks Wallabee's Sz. 9.5, could fit 9-10 (I'm a US 10)

These things have supported me across two years and three countries. As much as I hate to say it, they're no longer within my realm, I haven't worn them for weeks. Let them take you places too!

Also,

Our Legacy Mandarin Collar Weird Closure Weird Print Denim Jacket

This thing sums up to me a lot of reasons why I like Our Legacy. They make clothes on the weird sign of different, with a quirkiness that appeals to me. This thing looks great open or closed. No exterior pockets but there's one interior pocket on the bottom hem that runs the entire length of the jacket, great for pulling objects out Bond-style. Size 48, will fit a small or a medium well. Gettin too small for me or this'd be with me forever.

FIRM PREREQUISITE

If you want either of these, I'll demand a WAYWT picture and at least one story of something fun you did in them.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Ampere » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:24 pm

This would be so cool with something like the Margiela Converse's in a sorta raw denim world tour-esque way

Ampere

Postby maj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm

I just wanted to add to the experiment part of this, you may find after the item has been loaned for some time that's you no longer feel that urge to hang onto it and the other party may start to feel attached, you may choose to give it to them or ask for a fee. The hope is that it removes the idea that clothes are investments or you have to baby even high tag items, getting more wear out of them and potentially getting to borrow instead of buy. instead replacing buying urges with thoughts of contentment for what you have or the opening to the idea that you don't need that latest item as much as you think. On the borrowing side it can open your mind to the idea of making do or If you do end up borrowing the item and falling in love with it and want to buy it, you'll pay considerably less.

On the other hand you may find you miss that item and gain new respect for it, essentially earning a new piece regardless

#AntiConsumerism #MoneyRuinedTheGame #TheFutureIsCutorial #utopian #EndGameStrats

EDIT:

Molasses prerequisit is a new rule

In response to rep for participation: it's Down to the lender to lend to they deem fit and common sense, eg don't be shocked if you see your item on a bst after lending it to a 1 day old account. I know some people here I'd lend to regardless of rep.

maj

Postby hmwut » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:18 pm

rad idea!

lad musician 'funk' shirt, fits a medium. one of my absolute favorite shirts but since my white version gets alot more use, i wouldn't mind someone enjoying this for awhile.

white mountaineering flannel, fits a small. superior quality, i've worn it quite a bit but fuck it, if anyone's interested it's yours for the remainder of the cold weather.

raf simons aw04 'waves' sweatshirt. love this piece but plan on wearing it more for spring, if you wanna try it out for a few weeks go ahead.

diet butcher slim skin knit. very oversized for a small/medium, very loose knitting. fucking ridiculous piece, i gotta let someone have as much fun with it as i did but be warned, it is not an easy piece to style.

Number (N)ine denim. fits a 31-32 waist. amazing quality and details but the fit is a little awkward for me, i plan on having it altered but until then enjoy for a few weeks/months.

Neighborhood guitar paisley shirt, size small. WHY NOT. one of my absolute favorite pieces of my wardrobe but if you wanna try it out for a few weeks that's cool.

this is all the stuff currently with me that i'd like to share but there are a few things at home that i might like to involve in this. only thing that comes to mind currently is:

lad musician grey harrington, size small. awesome piece that i'm gonna experiment with this spring but tbh i'm not much of a harrington guy. i go home friday, so if you want it hit me up. if you really like it you could keep it for a price, but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

i want that octopus jacket real bad. expect a fit in waywt v shortly.

hmwut

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Hit me up via PM, let's figure it out!

UnwashedMolasses

Postby smiles » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Great idea Maj. I also agree that buying stuff is the worst part of fashion.

Pictures to come.

Facetasm jeans. Time: a few weeks. I want to see someone else try them out. They have to take a waywt in a public area.

Y's snap jacket. Time: a few weeks. It's gonna get warm soon so I'm not going to need it.

Facetasm cholo shirt. Time: a few weeks. Just want someone else to appreciate the supreme comfort.

Cdg destroyed knit. Time: however long. Nice knit and looks pretty grungy.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby brlmski » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:36 pm

For now: Merz. B Schwanen Sweater: Grey with blue/indigo at the V insert and the ribbing. Small. Pics to come when I get home. Slightly too short for me, :(.

brlmski

Postby deadkitty » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 pm

I've got that sasquatchfabrix mesh thing that disby used to have. I could loan it out for a couple weeks to a month on the condition that they post a fit. I'm curious to see how other people would style it. it's size small but it's super boxy.

I've also got a pair of eototo skirted pants. same deal. size 30

Dana Lee dad jeans too. Size 28 but they fit large (probably more like a 30)

deadkitty

Postby brlmski » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 am

I couldn't find the edit post button, but here are the pics.

brlmski

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:37 am

Also available -

Pink Velva Sheen medium tee (wasn't originally pink). Don't know how many people will be interested in this, might work better for some of the ladies, but I suppose the guys could use it if you're curious about sizing/quality.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby rublev » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:04 am

I like this idea but we gotta see pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Will closet raid when i get home....

rublev
Political Editor

Postby maj » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 am

CPC shacket 50

lovely jacket for spring cotton lined, part of my growing archive of cpc outwear. love it because of who makes it and what it does but it's something i rarely wear. would look great in someone's ruff rugged drobe or someone who wants to try out higher end outwear for spring.

wtaps phily l (fits m)

great tee with ~le tubular construction~ nice cotton, not too blatant branding, fit is loose and boxy great for someone who wants to try some stuff out.

selection of shirts s

customised one they all fit a true small, little bit basic but would be great to borrow with the jacket or tee for some godly layers. great outfit to be made from the cpc, taps tee, red flannel and raws, usually wore it with my suede redwings and it looked peng.

indrid drop crotch 28-34w/32l

anyone wanting to try out some drapey shit these are pretty cool, never wear them made from a nice chambray material.

goretex shell s (fits long and boxy, p much wtaps)

fantastic jacket and would look great with a lot of the other stuff, right here is essentially my tacticool capsule wardrobe.

cdbs 7

GOAT

dynasty's 7

nice shoes

maj

Postby nick » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 am

Many of these images are shitty fit pics I pulled from my phone. sorry about that. if you want better pictures I can snap some when I'm home from work.

First is probably my "signature piece", this Creep african print button down in a tagged Small but fits Smedium. will work for a size 46,48. Fits a bit short, so I wouldn't recommend if you're over 5'10.

Next this Sophnet cotton double rider in a JP Large (fits US M). this is a "Spring/Summer" piece, pretty neat for upcoming transitional weather. The second two pics are poorly flaxy - it's a black with some black pinstripes (you cant really see these but its a neat detail regardless)

these two are pieces I really dig and make sense for the upcoming weather changes, so either a trade or a return in say, a month, would be neat.

also is this Isabel Marant for H&M "melange" sweater in M (though its honestly more of a "One size fits all" affair). if for some reason you're living in a place that will still be cold, you can take this off my hands for a bit since its ridiculously warm.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby germinal » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:15 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby CleanThug » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:29 pm

I have some OG stan smith's in white/green that I wouldn't be opposed to loaning out, size US10. Not the most unique item, but if someone was wondering about the silhouette or just wants to try them out, let me know. Wish I had some cooler stuff to loan out, this is a rad idea.

edit: I did large thumbnail, no idea why the pictures bugging out like that.

CleanThug

Postby Ampere » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Norse Projects Anton Broken Leaf Shirt in a size Small. A really nice print ,doesn't really fit my style so much anymore. Regular fit.

Wings + Horns Navy Moleskin Bush Pants in a size 30. Amazing material. Thick with a great texture to it.

Engineered Garments Workaday Blue Oxford Shirt in a size Small. Great fabric, not so great cut for someone scrawny like me. Has all the details you'd expect out of EG.

All items shipped from fake canada, Canada

Ampere

Postby sknss » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 am

received a package from . inside was a shirt and something else
[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/88981986[/vimeo]
(password is the waving man on the top left corner)

shirt's advendures start now!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby sknss » Fri May 16, 2014 5:19 am

Anyone interested in maj's patch shirt please let me know, i think it's time for me to pass it on

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby stappard_ » Fri May 16, 2014 2:49 pm

I've got a LVC denim jacket that could do with be used because it just sitting around right now. Size 42 but definitely on the small side. Would probably go as far as 38-42.

My only rule is that you should add a location-specific patch to it, passport style.

Last edited by stappard_ on Fri May 16, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stappard_

Postby areo » Fri May 16, 2014 2:50 pm

Great idea!

Stephan Schneider drips cardigan, size 6. Fits slim, as seen below.

areo

Postby CleanThug » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:46 pm

's denim jacket is too big :(

If it's fine with him and someone's interested I'd be happy to pass it on

CleanThug

Postby pk! » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:57 am

I'm about to go on a minimum of two month road trip, starting with a festival performance in Minnesota, so I'll have some stuff to share. I've been trying to think of what to do with some of this stuff while I travel. Namely I've got an Attachment tee in size 3 that's just too soft to go on the road with me. I also have too many shoes, which I'll post pictures of soon, all around US11.

I would love to get that Opening Ceremony jacket from you, though I warn it would get some heavy wear. If you sent it my way, I'd wear it on stage at Project Earth and provide a definite picture and some stories to boot. It would fit perfect.

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

Postby CleanThug » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:25 pm

CleanThug

Postby vgtbls » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:43 pm

I'd be down to patch that jac, should fit me. any problems with me making my own patch? Warning: I may go overboard with this.

EDIT: Oh, I guess the jacket is in 's care now?

EDIT2: I am not home now so I can't take pictures but I'll put some stuff up for loans when I get home. 6'2" crew get ready

vgtbls

Postby CleanThug » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:16 am

CleanThug

Postby vgtbls » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:48 am

Here's a starter offering so I'm legal to trade, to be honest most of the stuff I'm gonna exchange is at school so that'll have to wait a week for me to sort out.

Yeezus "God Wants You" Skeleton Tee. Got it at a Yeezus show, unfortunately it shrank a little. Tagged M but definitely S now.
J.Crew Workshirt, M. Interesting blue/white weave, I never wear this.
Levis 513 "Scraper Dark" 31x32. I pulled the hem out of these to try to get some extra length. Some success but my incoming thunderthighs are telling me to let them go. Surprisingly slubby from the fades I'm seeing so far. After a few more washes these should be a beautiful color.

vgtbls

Next

Return to Tags