[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Engineered Garments

Engineered Garments

Clothes

Engineered Garments

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:48 pm

something about sportswear and modern tailoring and eclectic and modern and fun and buzzword and daiki suzuki and post o'alls is similar but shitty and made in america

cool shit how about those prices though

ramdomthought

Re: Engineered Garments

Postby bels » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Ever since majhax said I should get the khaki iridescent suit and wear it with slouchy white tees and white sneaks every day in summer I've sort of wanted to do that. Get the trousers hemmed up a bit or something. Not going to do it though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:18 pm

fuck it's been a long time since i've used phpbb so bear with me

so here's some of my favorite shit

ss05

fw05

ss06

fw07
^fuck i love the pockets on that

ss08
early version of the dayton which hasn't been seen in a year or so

fw08 -- probably my favorite season wish i was into it then (though i'd be a lot poorer a lot earlier) incredible knits and really brought the brand forward from just kind of gimmicky fun stuff into this whole new world while still being mostly the same thing

ss09

dem fucking shoes

fuck there's a lot more to go through plus all these random dumb pics i've saved

ramdomthought

Postby starfox64 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:30 pm

the ss05 pic looks like one of your fitpics. in part because of how he is posing.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby germinal » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:32 pm

i was hoping you'd make this thread

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 pm

where does eg production scheme fit in their brand vision ?

they don't use luxury fabrics and they use a really limited ny based tailor/production scheme. eg will never make a hard shell or whatever, eg basically boils down to the fabrics you can find on 40th st and a sewing machine.

maybe this fits in with their jam as making traditional garms? stuff that coulda been made w the technology of the 60s? just seems limiting. like a master painter who only uses a no2 pencil

can-

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:56 pm

ramdomthought

Postby can- » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 pm

I love eg and will continue to shop their gear but the price simply isn't always there. and sometimes it is there. but their production model is definitely worth a look

compare 210$ eg shorts to 130$ burkman joints

compare a 180$ eg ocbd (unwashed and will shrink) made of middling quality fabric to gbv which is washed and of a superior dyed Oxford

they suffer similar problems of scale like visvim. at the same time their blazers are very competitively priced for the same exact reason. just saying they are unique in their manufacturing process and it has ups and downs

can-

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:12 am

The slouchy workwear suits are the best things

I love engineered garment's designs but also they don't appeal greatly to me personally as clothes

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:26 am

Syek make a seh thread. He's always going on on his twitter about mad fabrics. Says he has some one man weaving operation on the go or something.

In all honesty I've never touched eg but the price doesn't seem much crazier than a lot of stuff over here. At sort if Italian heritage level.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:34 am

Will do later on, have been planning one for a bit.

Syeknom

Postby odradek » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 am

odradek

Postby bels » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:14 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby adhi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:11 pm

i remember driving by drinkwater's cambridge 2 months ago and recognizing some eg in the window display. and i thought that was really cool, at that point it was the first time i saw an 'internet fashion' brand in a store irl. fast forward to yesterday and i find out that drinkwater's was like the original american stockists of eg and apparently have really really good buys of it. going to stop by next weekend, maybe talk to the man of the namesake if he's there.

apparently he stocked fw03... and every season since. i was 8 y.o. back then, sheesh.

adhi

Postby hunnish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 pm

these pants are so great

really want the salmon pea jacket but there's no way I can justify that. Maybe this will be the thing I really like for a long time and 2 years from now it shows up on classifieds and I finally buy it. Although it's totally possible that it will fit retarded like all the EG blazers do on me.

hunnish

Postby can- » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:54 pm

just handled those today, they are even better than they look. nice fabric. super comfy.

i'm definitely going to pick up this season's field parka. can't find any pic of it, but i think it has 28 pockets

can-

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:19 pm

this?
bare pockets

kind of want one of the windowpane ldts

germinal
Garminlad

Postby adhi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:27 pm

hunnish those green pants and red coat are nasty. not together though, but still. links?

adhi

Postby adhi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

so i was at drinkwater's cambridge the other day. i talked with gary drinkwater about his relationship with daiki suzuki (apparently pronounced 'di-E-key') and his business in general.

from what i can remember: when drinkwater was working at louis (super coveted menswear shop in boston) in 1985 he greeted suzuki as he walked in the door. at the time, suzuki was employed as a buyer for nepenthes (back then it was only nepenthes japan) living in boston making huge buys of american heritage clothing like woolrich and carharrt for the stores. so 'from then on it was a close friendship between us two' according to drinkwater. suzuki continued to live in boston for several years before moving out to california, so they lost touch. then come the later 90's, drinkwater is planning on opening his own store and at the same time engineered garments was just getting off the ground. since they were close friends drinkwater wanted to stock EG and he ended up stocking fw03. according to gary, he eg really took off in FW 05 and 06, and the rest is history. so there's some extra background for anyone who's interested.

i should note that drinkwater's has a special side-thing where they will buy an eg piece for you if it's one of the rarer less-bought items, and ship it out to you. drinkwater says he only stocks about 1/20th of the variety of pieces every season, but you can get virtually any piece from the season if you ask him. pm on styleforum or email.

adhi

Postby starfox64 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm

i know i made a joke about this before but it is kind of uncanny how similar ramdom's fitpic poses are to stock e.g. pics.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:12 pm

hey i just do left hand in pocket right hand out every pic -_-

ramdomthought

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Really like that jacket, is it a design they release often or a one-off style?

Syeknom

Postby can- » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 am

don't think there is a porter jacket this season but there's no shortage of similar items.

i find myself thinking about a navy melton or serge bedford quite often these days.

can-

Postby bels » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 pm

EG x Vans. Mismatched shoes? Idk bros Idk.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:51 pm

The slubby ones are nice but I'm not feeling them as a pair

Starting to find all of these vans/converse/whatever collabs a bit tiring, but they seemed so exciting when i first started liking clothes

Syeknom

Postby can- » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 pm

i like that vans agreed to such a goofy collab.

quality looks nice, wouldn't wear tho

can-

Postby can- » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:41 am

finally found a stock photo for this season's field parka

can-

Postby germinal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby odradek » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:29 pm

ramdomthought you need to buy these

odradek

Postby starfox64 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 pm

all five of them

starfox64

Next

Return to Tags