[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Engineered Garments

Engineered Garments

Clothes

Re: Engineered Garments

Postby Cowboy » Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Tried on some EG. Wish I had money for it. So amazing. EG will become a focus of my future wardrobe I think.

Cowboy

Postby bird.in.flight » Mon May 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Recent acquisitions - FW08 Field Parka in brown wool, FW11 North Wood in Khaki
Amazed by both, the attention to detail really is second to none - I was so pleased when I put my hands into the pockets of the Northwood and found they were lined with the same corduroy as the collar and the cuff-adjustor tabs

bird.in.flight

Postby mu_ » Thu May 28, 2015 11:36 pm

bought this a month or so ago, been wearing it fairly regularly. what do you guys think?

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby mu_ » Sat May 30, 2015 9:46 pm

so I wore it yesterday and took this photo sorry for the weird perspective

gitman / apolis / oak street

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby CMYK » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Purchased some EG Khaki ripstop pants to finish a suit with my Khaki ripstop blazer...... annnnd they're slightly different shades. Must be from different years. FML.

CMYK

Postby omgimacarrot » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm thinking about selling the shop coat. I absolutely love it now, but I don't think I'll get too many chances to wear it (mostly because my work requires shirts to be tucked and I look like a chach tucked). For now, here's a fit pre-tuck.

omgimacarrot

Postby nick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:50 pm

FW 2015 EG and FWK lookbooks presented in great color, with product info included:
http://nepenthes.co.jp/brands/2015fw/eg_c.html
http://nepenthes.co.jp/brands/2015fw/fwk_c.html

The mens styling is a bit ridiculous with the jacket layering (moreso than usual!) so I really appreciate the slightly more toned down but totally EG styling of the womens line.

SS 2016 collection.

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spri ... llection#1

Pleasant, but almost all these items were featured in the SS 2014 collection.

---

On a personal note, my EG collection continues to spiral out of control.

Let's talk Engineered Garments - I obsesses way too hard over the brand so give me your thoughts and I'm way too likely to have input.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby maj » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:53 pm

i want 2 talk about it by u posting ur full collection

it's got to be HUUUUUGGEE

how do u feel about air maxes and eg, is it hip and nu look?

what r ur 3 bits of on the low trivia that only the most discerning eg citizen would know

maj

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Found this beaut marked down to $90 today and had to get it. Ridic soft flannel.

For anyone else in nyc Century 21 has a ton of marked down eg

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 pm

the one on broadway near fulton center, and i really dont have the cash to proxy unless its like a tee sorry

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby nick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:06 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby silvaeri » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:28 pm

teach me to EG please. Thinking it might be what I use in my new wardrobe

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby bels » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:28 pm

Suspect nick has enough EG that he could actually stop buying clothes for a year or two. Ultimate nocop style

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nick » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:41 pm

re EG bigger than whole wardrobe: EG is my wardrobe. minus a pair of visvim highwater chinos I got off rak early in my fashion career but are really quite nice. and a couple GBV shirts, but they use the same fabric as EG.

Incoherency ahead:

what's great in theory w/ EG is that it all works together pretty well - the high gussets of the shirt hems lying right where the high rises of the pants do, the extra wide sleeves on outwear to allow for layering, and especially the focus on hard-wearing materials that make them all feel from the same world whether its a printed corduroy, a solid oxford cloth, or a plaid wool ... what's even better is that a lot of the times it DOESN'T work together and the combined strangeness of the cuts compounds into an ugly outfit made of clothes even from the same season. But once you learn what works with what, try out new combinations, really 'push' your wardrobe (ok I know this is w/ all brands) you get great outfits. I think I'm in a pretty good place but I still make a ton of bricks picking out my daily outfit. EG is based off strange combinations that end up making total sense when you get them looking good - a military pant in corduroy - short shorts in suiting wool - a fishtail parka in blanket wool - the clothes are extremely standard (Majority of it is pretty standard menswear fare at its core) but also contradictory at the same times. and sometimes, deceptively simple. A bedford looks good with a pair of jeans and uniqlo T-shirt, and I absolutely recommend wearing it that way, but in the context of the "EG look" (standard choice here - worn w/ work shirt and fatigue pants) it looks that much better. The Baker Jacket is one of my favorites because its A-line shape and wide pleats makes it a little more of a challenge to get the shape right, but you do, you become a swagged out egg.

The way EG also incorporates the crazy pieces, and layering vests over jackets over long shirts while being in the same world of chinos and OCBDs is great.

I disagree with 's suggestion - the more EG I've bought, the better my EG has looked. The more options, the better. That being said much of it does fit nicely into a non-EG wardrobe, but if you're trying to get the look, make purchases to fill out the basics of an EG wardrobe I guess. I bought too many patterns for S/S stuff so my # of possible outfits is smaller than I'd like - don't print OD like I did.

I'm not the god of EG - again, I'm pretty new into it but I just really love it and I learn new ways to coordinate it all the time. That being said I'd love to share some of the styling techniques that work for me. Really experimentation is the best.

I could, I don't have any 'gaps' in my wardrobe (Would like some midweight jackets tho other than that fw12 dayton shirt - interested in the BDU shirt from this season. oh and a pair of denim)

However, the thrill of Y!JP auctions is too great.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby sagc » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Speaking of somewhat crazy pieces, I just got an EG/GB leather bedford. The quality is great, as far as I can tell, and I think it fits pretty well? Definitely going to take a lot of experimentation over the course of the fall to figure out how to wear it. A bad photo below.

sagc

Postby Julio » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:06 am

my olive ripstop expedition jacket arrived yesterday. was such a steal. been gushing about it the whole day. cut is great, feels really nice, stitching super good. details are amazing. plus with fifteen pockets how can i complain? the internal drawstring to cinch the midsection of the jacket particularly nice to me. just really easy to use and adjust considering it ties in the center back. buttoned back vent with a gusset. construction just so good. chin straps always win me over. lots of other great details i could talk about but am lazy rn.
i particularly appreciate that the sleeves can be rolled up and secured via tabs + buttons at base of sleeve pockets
if i wasn't so lazy or so damn used to having a bag as an urban safety blanket i would probably never need to bring a bag around with this thing on. combo with junya work pants for stupid amount of pocketry, but then i might vanish in a sea of pockets.

enough text here is a terrible photo i snapped of it in class this morning

i wish it had a pen-specific pocket, though. the vertical entry pocket concealed behind left chest pocket does good enough but still not quite there?

10/10 regardless
will pop up in fitpics
whenever fitpics happen

Julio

Previous

Return to Tags