[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Suit 'spo

Suit 'spo

Clothes

Re: Suit 'spo

Postby maj » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:46 am

Victorian times 2015 edition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32161578

maj

Postby Syeknom » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Syeknom

Postby 3hunna » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:50 pm

undercover ss12 suit

3hunna

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:23 am

And inside out Image

vlaada chvatil 'Constricted Ash'

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby bels » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:44 am

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/113235797[/vimeo]

Fucking JAPAN always got the goods. Ze ultimate bike riding casual suit. The only thing I've ever considered importing from JAPAN

http://softs.to/2014/11/ccp-x-softs-gho ... ow-to-use/
http://softs.to/2014/10/ccp-x-softs-gho ... pants-2-0/

JAPAN

bels
Yung Winona

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Getting tempted into the casual suit game with this number from Our Legacy. It's made of a slubby, raw silk fabric similar to that used on their Classic Shirts. If its anything like the shirting it''ll be very soft and drape beautifully. You buy the jacket and trousers as separates but they obviously go together. Not so sure about the button stance though, could be 3-roll-2 though? They sometimes button them unnecessarily iirc.

Shown here with their white silk shirt for the full combo.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby stappard_ » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:47 pm

the OL archive blazer fits a bit odd (i mean look at that picture) but i've only handled chunky winter ones, not a summer one so it might be a bit easier. they do a 3-roll-2 but its not this one.

my fav casual suit this season from them is the 2 button indigo twill one, currently serving well

stappard_

Postby 3hunna » Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 am

3hunna

Postby bels » Tue May 19, 2015 6:32 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pk! » Tue May 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Not into menswear at all, but this speaks to me for some reason.

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

Postby LelandJ » Tue May 19, 2015 7:53 pm

LelandJ

Postby bird.in.flight » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:03 am

, check out TRAN ANH HUNG Cyclo, tony leung is some real casual suit 'spo in it

bird.in.flight

Postby bels » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:04 am

Back in the day, when tshirt tucks were cool

Collar too small, fabric too shiny, printed "syeknom" tie, got to be a no from me.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sick boy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:19 pm

sick boy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:03 am

hitting this thread with the adrenaline spike to the heart

i've been thinking about the casual suit a lot since hypefest. it occurred to me that this fit pic arms race has gotten so many guys blowing vast sums in order to all dress the same in the hopes of marginally flexing on each other, and even guys with a principal interest in streetwear and sneakers should dip their toe into cool suiting. in a world obsessed with off-white collabs and proxying exclusive friends-and-family designer-collab merch tees, the most powerful thing you can do is bring it back to tailoring sometimes.

been thinking a ton about getting a black double-breasted suit with substantial peak lapels that i'd wear with like a white tee, a short small chain (or two) and white low AF1s. brand recs and other styling ideas would be appreciated, of course

my influences:

Last edited by CheerUpBrokeBoy on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby kremvax » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:35 am

i agree with you

i like a lot of suits and things that resemble suits/are adjacent to them ("business-y" things, i guess, i like HL lol) but so often worry that i might just look like a high school debate team member or like i am being forced to dress up for a presentation/an "i am too young for this and this feels like a costume" feeling? though i mostly feel that way about like... Suit Suits/more traditional kinds of associated-looks -- like, i feel it with a very standard button-down + pencil skirt + blazer combo too, and i prefer slightly-off variations of it all. i work in an office now though so the debate club feeling might go away. if that doesn't work (even if it does work, tbh) my roommates and i are throwing a party and the theme is gonna be "white collar crime"

i like these things:

&
kremvax

Postby bels » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:56 am

Thing with wearing suits with a t shirt is most are mega uncomfortable around the neck and the neck gets filthy pretty fast then you have to dry clean the whole thing.

Stick to cotton unless you're a baller.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Mock neck tee shirt bela

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:23 am

I do not like mock neck tees.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 am

what are some good suiting fabrics if i'm looking for a "matte" look

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby kickingthefly » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:48 pm

im not sure what you mean by matte, and also depends what season etc
most wools will be fairly matte, just avoid any mohair mixes. also the higher super 140s+ tend to have more lustre, is that what you're talking about?

kickingthefly

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:31 pm

yeah basically i'm saying that if i want to get a black suit i'm aiming to look like an actual silhouette – looking for a fabric that's not that textured but doesn't let too much light escape

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby kickingthefly » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 pm

hmm ok, well assuming you would go with wool i would try something like a hopsack.. a slightly rougher (without being overtly textured) weave will give a more matte appearance.
dorks will tell you not to wear black suits but they can look great if you do it right.

kickingthefly

Postby Julio » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:56 am

recently completed a nonnative casual suit (ss17) in a navy nyco. good stuff. the jacket feels a size too big (4) but then i wonder if a 3 might have been a bit too exact? not like i had much of a choice, just chanced upon a size 4 jacket for a great price and went for it
(although if anyone can direct me to a size 3 for the deep sea color i guess i could look into it...)

trying not to wear it too often, just because?

Julio

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:57 pm

dissapointing they did flight suit style jacket but not flight suit style pants

BIGBEE

Postby Julio » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:00 am

Julio

Previous

Return to Tags