[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Suit 'spo

Suit 'spo

Clothes

Suit 'spo

Postby iamacyborg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:43 pm

I have to wear suits at work, gimme some inspo.

To get things started:

iamacyborg

Re: Suit 'spo

Postby YoungCanoeist » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:24 pm

vote that this thread be renamed "chutzpah"

YoungCanoeist

Postby sunblam » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:34 am

Love the middle suit, the last it a little to swaggy for me.

Moschino
Band of Outsiders
Esther Quek, Queen of Suits

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby starfox64 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:48 am

has that dope yang li suit

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 am

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby iamacyborg » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Hermes.

iamacyborg

Postby bels » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:00 am

[flash=]SUMMER "SUIT" 2k15 IS ON[/flash]

Objective:
Some kind of trouser + jacket combination that I can wear every day in the summer with white sneakers and a tshirt.

Lets break down the contenders

MHL, full price around 400, avails in navy rn but maybe other colours to come?
+ Blessed by Margaret the OG
+ Styling looks good
- No throat latch
- 400 pounds, imagine it'll go on sale though to something more reasonable (Last seasons MHL worksuit is on sale rn for about 300)

Albam Montmartre suit, full price around 280, only avails in navy rn
+ Doesn't have the stupid extra breast pocket that has marred almost all of Albams blazers
+ Colour looks nice
+ Trousers have a decently wide hem
- No throat latch
- Maybe a little TOO workwear and not enough suit?

YMC, 290, almost definitely going to go on sale further. Navy and khaki avails rn
+ Cheap
+ Kind of like the idea of an internal drawstring? Not sure why but maybe?
- Lapels look a bit scary
- YMC brand is stupid

OLD TOWN, about 300, never going to go on sale, lots of colours/fabrics. Could get linen etc
+ OLD TOWN probably coolest brand on here
+ Went to the old town shop and talked to the old town lady and she was awesome
+ Never going on sale so less stress
- Might go insane trying to work out the exact combination of jacket and trousers to get because there are so many

Universal Works 225, might go on sale for even less, navy khaki and some others
+ So cheap, probably go cheaper
+ Can get it with flat front AND pleated trousers (pleats are cool)
+ Throat latch
- Suspiciously cheap
- Think it has that wretched inside pocket outline on the opposing breast pocket. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Brands that still might reveal something: Folk, Garbstore, Labo(??), Uniqlo(????????) Barena (Probably not machine washable)

Thoughts on colours
On the one hand khaki is probably more wearable when the temperature climbs up, on the other I still don't have a navy blazer and maybe the blazer from this "suit" could be useful? Probably not though. I also already own the CDG blazer Nick gifted me in the last care share:

So maybe I should stick with navy.

I should definitely not buy black.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:16 am

Go for the old town, but go in store to get it and talk it through with them and try on some materials because then whenever someone asks wtf you're wearing you can turn to them and say

Are you comfortable?.....

They'll never ask again.

Khaki over navy, looks so much cooler and out there especially with your white sneak collection, plus You'll have the mainline Maggy suit when I finally send it to you for your blue fix.

maj

Postby bels » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:26 am

Old town certainly the front runner, just do I want to fracture my wardrobe into yet another direction? Old man heritage? The slimmer fit on something like the Albam or MHL would look a bit more urban, which I prize right now as Cambridge is so rural. Also can't help but notice that no one in the Old-Town world wears a tshirt.

Double looking at the Old Town website I think that I'd end up with a Stanley jacket

http://www.old-town.co.uk/products/stanley.htm

And Vauxhalls

http://www.old-town.co.uk/products/vauxhalls.htm

Poking around the Fedora Lounge I found another possible contender, perhaps too firmly in the workwear side of things:
http://www.darcyclothing.com/shop/trous ... tr204.html The shop is in Lewes in Essex

Cheap as chips though four button and not the right colour.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Folk "Counter" Suit, 435, says it's machine washable (Though I was looking at one in a shop today and it said dry clean only so fuck knows)

Trousers with crease tho.

Universal works size M. That extra pocket would drive me round the twist though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:30 am

i was looking for something similar, had planned to buy EG andover/cinch pant but all the trous run really slim this season. saw some OL stuff in liberty the other day that looked pretty good, might be worth adding to the list.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:41 am

To be honest I'm kind of OK with reasonably slim trousers in thus because I think slim trousers are easier to pair with light weight summer trainers

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:05 am

re: your search

odradek

Postby bels » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Kind of too expensive but found this company called Hansen who are doing a workwear type thing out of Sweden.

£400 odd though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:54 am

Sorry Margaret. Sorry old town.

Muji 100 pounds.

Not a hundred percent sold on it but:
+khaki
+machine washable
-the high street again bela? Smh

Don't suppose anyone has seen new season labo yet?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:50 pm

looks good, would like to see better pics some time. i checked out carnaby st last week and it was meh, oxfords and chinos blah blah. perhaps there'll be more though

pirxthepilot

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:31 am

uniqlo is doing summer suits this season 4 colors grey, navy, plaid, and beige. Short suits as well! Might get the plaid for myself if I can sell some stuff :grin:
E: forgot links whoops

maybe this isn't the right thread but I remember there being summer suit talk in here

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:59 am

CASUAL SUIT DEVELOPMENTS:

Uniqlo Cas Suit mentioned above with bonus short suit possibilities.
Albam have released their montmartre blazer in khaki

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:03 am

Is there any apposite wisdom on shirt tucking when dealing with casummerual suits

stappard_

Postby bels » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:11 am

If you can't wear it with an untucked shirt it isn't casual enough.

Casual Suit Uniform Challenge will start on APRIL 1ST (no foolin) so BUY YOUR SUIT NOW

bels
Yung Winona

Postby MxmHrpr » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 am

Man, I long for a casual suit at a reasonable price though so hard with my height/build. MTM has ruined me.

MxmHrpr

Postby mahi-mahi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:33 pm

bela what are some good patterned trousers? On that kick fo life

mahi-mahi

Postby Fatiloquent » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Jil Sander

Fatiloquent

Postby bels » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Didn't know germinal was posting fit pics again

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:29 pm

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:50 pm

What is it? Is that your cccccasual suit?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:58 pm

surely lack of ironing just proves i really DGAF and makes me even cooler?

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:18 am

That's not lack of ironing pirx that's double ironing and we both know it.

I always wonder when I see someone wearing a blazer trew combo from say, yohji. And the blazer trew are both black, but apparently from different seasons etc, does it look OK in real life? Whenever I wear two not matching but black pieces it normally looks totally rubbish.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby vgtbls » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:06 pm

vgtbls

Postby 3hunna » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:57 pm

liking this helmut lang suit from y!

3hunna

Next

Return to Tags