[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Clothes

Re: Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Postby balloons » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 pm

, dunno, the tag was faded away

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby exexliontamer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 pm

dont understand the prevailing attitude of this thread... for $600-700 you can get a great used leather...or for the same amount spring for a slightly less mediocre car. if you're american, single and employed i don't htink it's out of question for anyone considering thats just slightly over a weeks salary at minmium wage... but i dunno maybe this is just me try ing to justify my own grandiose purchases.

exexliontamer

Postby vgtbls » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 pm

vgtbls

Postby arcticsound » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 pm

What are you talking about? There's barely been any price discussion in this thread at all, but suddenly the "prevailing attitude" is that you can't get good used leather for $600-700? And even if you were making sense right now, your main point that you can buy a good leather jacket at a weeks wage is kind of a useless statement. For one, saving up is necessary for some because a whole weeks wage can be a lot for people who need to pay bills, debts, rent, etc. and two: breaking in a leather jacket is a pretty personal thing. How it shrinks, stretches, creases, wrinkles, and wears is a result of you lifestyle and what you do while you're wearing it, so many people don't want to settle for a used jacket that's already been broken in by some dude who sits at a desk all day or whatever.

EditL sorry, in a bad mood and confused by your post. not trying to be mean.

arcticsound

Postby thatbiglake » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby Blastoise » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 am

Blastoise

Postby thatbiglake » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:54 am

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby exexliontamer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:41 pm

exexliontamer

Postby thatbiglake » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:09 am

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby maj » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:45 am

maj

Postby maj » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:45 am

chris shannon

maj

Postby JtotheWhat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.. but I have been thinking of ordering a ToJ jacket lately, I have seen a couple in person and they admittedly seem great.. I just was wondering if anyone actually knows the origin/source of the leather? I know they make the jackets in Korea but I would be surprised if the leather itself was Korean, my girlfriend works as a fashion designer in Korea/Japan and my other friends family owns a leather factory outside Seoul, my experience with Korean fabrics hasn't always been that great.. I'm guessing the leather is imported from somewhere else? I'm more or less just curious I guess.

JtotheWhat

Postby quad » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:58 am

quad

Postby ramseames » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:22 pm

No way you'd pay 33% tax on $400 of weekly income dude

ramseames

Postby quad » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:35 pm

national minimum wage is 7.25$ so unless im missing something

40 x 7.25 = 290

quad

Postby ramseames » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Oh it's 10.25 here in BC

ramseames

Postby HeavenResign » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:58 am

Finally pulled the trigger on a double rider, after around a year of looking at different options around the $700 range I came to prefer the styling of Schott surprisingly and ordered a 626 a week ago, it should be here in another few weeks. Kinda bummed that they don't offer a slim fitting 613 in the US since the 626 has 2" of extra length but the dude I bought it from assured me he could shorten it if needed.

That's a used 626 I pulled from a dude on styleforum but there's not many pics of the 626 in the wild.

HeavenResign

Postby arcticsound » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Been admiring a lot of CCP leather lately. They grossed me out at first with the almost wet finish and creepy stitching, but after looking into him a little more I'm starting to really appreciate his aesthetic. He definitely wants to make people uncomfortable with his leathers.

arcticsound

Postby arcticsound » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:42 pm

just online unfortunately. I dream of the day I'll be able to check out some of his stuff irl

arcticsound

Postby maj » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:10 pm

more wonderful stone island

http://www.stoneisland.co.uk/stone-isla ... v0022.html

up there with the mariana glow in the dark and aitor stuff for stone island grail list this light blue one, perfect colour x ribbing

http://www.stoneisland.co.uk/stone-isla ... v0020.html

maj

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu May 01, 2014 2:21 pm

wonder what the black leather looks like w/ hood up

JonjoShelvey

Postby Blastoise » Sat May 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Where else should I look for a black minimal double rider besides TOJ? I'm keeping my eye out for something used from them but I haven't seen much lately. I'd even settle for a high quality faux-leather jacket.

Blastoise

Postby bels » Sat May 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Would love to know. Frankly one of the reasons I ordered was that I didn't see much similar out there at the price point. I didn't look very hard but since the great Parka Debacle of winter 2013 I've stopped trying to look hard for things.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby balloons » Sat May 03, 2014 5:19 pm

someone posted a schott 626 on grailed which has somewhat piqued my interest. some of the details aren't what I dig - not huge on epaulets, the belt, or the lining - could just take out the belt and try & deal w/ the rest though. it's apparently "waxy cowhide"? what is that? it honestly looks just like lamb in the pictures on grailed, which would be way different from cowhide - isn't that supposed to be super stiff? and what is the waxiness?? where are the answers???

I really dig everything about my lm&c jacket - the fit, weight, design, price I paid for it, etc. - but it's sheepskin, not calf, and I feel like it won't wear in as well as a result. thoughts anyone?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby balloons » Sat May 03, 2014 5:51 pm

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby Blastoise » Sat May 03, 2014 6:05 pm

...what size is it?

Blastoise

Postby balloons » Sat May 03, 2014 6:27 pm

1 or small

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby HeavenResign » Sat May 03, 2014 6:34 pm

there was a schott x supreme collab which was basically the slim fit perfecto without any of the hardware.

here's another one from a different year I think

At $575 unless you really want to save every penny I'd wait until it comes down in price - you can get them for $600 at nearly any time and when places are clearing their stock they can go as low as $400 (search frugalmalefashion it happened like six months ago). I don't know what the "waxyness" comes from exactly but know basically it will go away as the jacket breaks in which is why you don't notice it in a lot of the used pictures. Also some people soak the jacket/throw it in a washer which pretty much gets rid of it. If it means anything I've read the waxyness comes from the "icelandic cow hide" which is supposedly used in the first schott x supreme pic. A lot of this is hearsay I've read from forums though. Gail from Schott will answer any questions you have on the gritty details if you shoot her an email.

If you want an MDR there's not really a substitute for it, I came to love the hardware on the perfecto's and to me at least the schott x supreme looks a little plain without it. But obviously I think that's what a lot of people want.

Length is what has me most concerned still, I'll see how mine fits when it gets here in a few weeks.

HeavenResign

Postby Blastoise » Sat May 03, 2014 9:02 pm

I also wear a small, so if you happen to be selling it in the future I'm definitely interested. Let me know.

And thanks, the Supreme collab doesn't look too bad. The part about Schotts that I really dislike is the hardware, unfortunately. Way too much detail on most of them. A simple belt I might be fine with but not a ton of pockets and epaulets. My limit would probably be $500, but preferably below, and yes I'm aware that that's pushing it on the low end.

Blastoise

Postby balloons » Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 am

, I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell

, very insightful response, thank you. I kept my eyes open for a supreme x schott v1 on ebay for a white (like it more than the second one) but I think the odds are pretty slim when it comes to finding one in a sz small.

appreciate the info regarding the schott though. will wait for a better price in that case. $400 would be cool, am not opposed to buying used either, so I think I could get a good price. think I'll send an email to Gail after this, and if anything comes of that I'll update here. I'm sort of opposed to washing it; I read a blackbird blog post about someone washing their geller jacket. it went well for them but there were a lot of risks (don't use too hot of water, it could shrink; don't hang it on the wrong sized hanger, you'll get shoulder dimples; be careful about it losing all its dye; it'll remain wet for 2 days, don't touch it!; etc) but if it's worth it, I could maybe try.

I'm aware there's somewhat of a disparity between wanting to wear something as aggressive as a black double rider and yet wanting it to be minimal and free of all these embellishments. I dunno. things get appropriated over time. jeans went from baggy, workers pantaloons in the 1800s to skintight spandex blends in 2004.

schott feels like the brand I'd want. I'm pretty susceptible to brand identity and wanting to wear "the right brand" for this or that, even if (especially if?) it's not that visible to other people. it makes things feel a little more harmonious regarding the outfit I'm wearing. like wearing vans authentics instead of those $10 H&M plimsolls, or levi's jeans instead of many other brands. it's total unabashed consumerism, but it makes me feel good too, so there's that. as for embellishments, I could live with epaulets, but the belt would definitely have to be taken out. super loud. like sonically, even. I can already hear it jingling around as I walk. not my speed.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

PreviousNext

Return to Tags