[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Clothes

Re: Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Postby HeavenResign » Sun May 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Yeah I completely understand, I love MDR's, when I first started looking into leather jackets that was my ideal jacket, just as the year went by my tastes changed a little but I think for most people the simpler double rider would be the better option. I agree about the washing part too as well, I definitely don't have enough experience with leather jackets to risk messing up the jacket.

Nate Bui from Schott also took off the belt on his (altered) 613 and I think it looks really good even with the belt loops still on there. I also think the epaulettes on the Schott's lay pretty nicely, one of the reasons I committed to the Schott over say, a used 2013DR was I noticed a lot of the 2013DR epaulettes kind of arch up which makes them more noticeable (I noticed prawnzee's earlier in this thread looks great though).

I think the turning point where I started looking at Schott as my ideal brand and not just as a "well it takes 35 weeks for a toj..." was this picture I found of the 613us made for the japanese market

I can't put my finger on what it was but it felt like the turning point in what I wanted out of a double rider.

for reference, below is the toj 2013 dr, below that is nate bui from schott with his 613 I mentioned

Also I'll let you know when mine gets here but the dude I ordered my 626 from says the new batch for a/w shouldn't have stars on the epaulettes, which for me was a plus.

HeavenResign

Postby HeavenResign » Sun May 04, 2014 11:37 pm

also I figured I'd throw this in here if anyone wanted to read, styleforum has been working on a mto double rider with vanson and I thought the thread is super interesting to read. A little design by committee, a lot of ideas on fit and proportion. Seemed relevant to this thread.

HeavenResign

Postby maj » Mon May 05, 2014 9:40 am

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/89509206[/vimeo]

maj

Postby thatbiglake » Mon May 05, 2014 1:06 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby hot coffee » Wed May 07, 2014 3:09 pm

It's been a while care-tags!

Schott just came back from the tailor,
so I thought I would post it:

Schott 626.
Had it shortened, took of the belt, and slimmed it down.

hot coffee

Postby ramseames » Wed May 07, 2014 4:06 pm

$$$$$?????

ramseames

Postby maj » Wed May 07, 2014 4:07 pm

why does everyone h8 belts on their drs?

maj

Postby hot coffee » Wed May 07, 2014 4:11 pm

They're useless af, unless we're riding motorcycles, but why do that if we're just trying to look cool. The jackets all u need 4 that.

hot coffee

Postby sknss » Wed May 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Nah the belt is useful when your pockets are full and you close the zipper. makes your jacket slimmer. don't understand the hate on epaulettes either

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby HeavenResign » Wed May 07, 2014 5:00 pm

You know I was wondering how it'd look if I got it shortened to the point where the belt would need to be removed, but that actually looks really cool.

What size was it originally?

edit: any before pics? if not it's cool I think it'd be interesting to see before/after with the length

HeavenResign

Postby hot coffee » Wed May 07, 2014 8:00 pm

No before pics sadly

hot coffee

Postby HeavenResign » Thu May 08, 2014 12:23 pm

For those looking for an mdr-ish substitute, this is a mock-up of the mto vanson styleforum has been working on.

Very, very cool imo.

I think they might go with back side-tabs instead of the clasp on the bottom, like this

HeavenResign

Postby arcticsound » Thu May 08, 2014 12:46 pm

I always thought belts and epaulettes were the line between trendy hip DR jackets and fat old biker DR jackets. They add unnecessary weight to the silhouette imo

arcticsound

Postby HeavenResign » Thu May 08, 2014 1:54 pm

I think the line is in the fit, body, and age ("fat" and "old"), more than any other factor (the name of this thread is quite relevant in this case, ha). Nate Bui's 613 doesn't look anything like a fat old biker jacket to me, same with coffee's 626, even if it had the belt still

I also love TOJ's DR 2010

Junya also usually has belts in his double rider jackets, but not epaulets

But if that doesn't convince you, nothing will, though so to each his own

HeavenResign

Postby MxmHrpr » Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm

HeavenResign preach, definitely the fit and body rather than individual details.

I think this SL jacket's epaulets fit in with the look with the super saturated details.

Edit: Those angular zips though..

MxmHrpr

Postby tomsfood » Thu May 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Not really in the market for a leather nor could I justify it monetarily but definitely feeling this from MKI.

For those of you interested in less detailed double riders:

Can't help but feel like the leather looks a little thin/cheap, can anyone confirm/deny? Is this because of the 'high grain finish'?

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby mc-lunar » Thu May 08, 2014 9:17 pm

I really, really like almost everything Tomoaki Okaniwa does at The Viridi-Anne. not excluded. And sub-$400, too. I remember the days when I was small enough to wear this :(

mc-lunar

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:40 am

Ishii Yasuyuki ()

Syeknom

Postby HeavenResign » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Took a lot longer than I planned but got my Schott 626 in. I was skeptical about the length at first but I'm really really happy with it. At the same time, I think you could cut off 3" (thus losing the half-belt) if you wanted and it'd look great a bit more cropped but I think I'm going to keep it as is. There is a little bit of room in the lower chest area but I plan to put on another 5 lbs and expect that to dissipate

HeavenResign

Postby HeavenResign » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:38 am

Also I absolutely love this jacket. $3000 at Barney's not sure how discounted belstaffs ever get. Definitely out of my price range but I love it

HeavenResign

Postby bels » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:55 am

The way my hair is thinning the title of this thread is getting frighteningly real.

Then again:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:05 am

'tis a good thread title (well, it made me laugh). i'm thinning too, and well into my 30s, but just buzz it off and wear my 5 zip without care

pirxthepilot

Postby MxmHrpr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:18 am

When your TOJ comes and it's perfect besides the upper chest.. So close, so sad.

Also hmu lanky CT'ers, this one has to be resold.

MxmHrpr

Postby bels » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:33 pm

That picture is so 2012 styleforum that I could die. Looks good though, mxm. Sad to hear it's too tight. Makes me feel like I should change my order to a collared moto even though that isn't a collared moto and I swore going into this that I wouldn't become one of those people.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby MxmHrpr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:05 pm

— 2012 Styleforum is my shit I'll take that as a compliment. Picked up Fuck Yeah Menswear a while back and I haven't been able to shake it since...

Such a shame. On one hand it really isn't that bad, as firstly I didn't MTM (This is resold but new) and secondly, whilst the old style pockets look great, they are not big enough for my abnormal hands. Still on the other, I have been searching for ~6 months, it fits infuriatingly close and it's the black calf (much rarer).

Calling shearing as the trend of 2014 winter, make the change to the collared darkside.

Last edited by MxmHrpr on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MxmHrpr

Postby ramseames » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:40 pm

ramseames

Postby bels » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:30 am

Told I'd post up these UK leather jacket people I discovered. Maybe a bit heritagey but they all seem to do MTO so maybe you could sort something out? Either way nice to have them linked in this thread.

http://www.alexanderleathers.com/

http://www.billkelsomfg.com/site/#!home

Can't speak first hand about any of them.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby areo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:03 pm

i don't really know where to put this, sorry, but in Reign Vintage (Berwick St, Soho, London), there's a nice light grey Carol Christian Poell leather jacket in what seems like an xs for £150. it looks quite similar to this, but less distressed and maybe with shorter sleeves: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q93/ ... cket_1.jpg

(saw this yesterday afternoon)

areo

Postby areo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 am

@ vaeltaja & stingray sam: yeah, wasn't sure if rak city was exclusively rak. i'll post there in a second. i don't know exactly how old it is, but if i remember correctly it had different tags to the current stuff i can find - it seems in perfect condition, though.

areo

Postby blankinput » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Managed to pick this jacket up for pennies on the dollar. Really excited as I lost weight and can't wear my old moto. I was originally gunning for an A2 but that was a little too predictable for me.

blankinput

PreviousNext

Return to Tags