[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Clothes

Re: Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Postby HeavenResign » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 pm

After this I won't muck up this thread with any more pics of my schott i promise hahaha it just seems a little dead at the moment and it's finally cold enough where I am to start wearing leathers out at night. I put on 15 lbs since I got the jacket and I like how it fits a lot more, then lost 5 lbs because of a stomach issue that'll hopefully be resolved any day now and then I can bulk back up

anyway here's a fit pic idk

HeavenResign

Postby greggy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:01 pm

I wish such a thing as an affordable moto in 44 existed :/ pushing old man status now (not as old as bela but still) and I've never even tried a nice leather jacket on

greggy

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Me too greggy. I just can't picture myself in a leather jacket :/ I like my clothes long and loose, but leather has got to be cropped and fitted to look good in my mind

BIGBEE

Postby HeavenResign » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:13 pm

the sf x vanson moto should be around $700 when it's ready?

will look like this

HeavenResign

Postby greggy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:39 am

Yeah that sf x vanson looks nice but a) I don't love it b) kinda hesitant to drop $$$ on a leather jacket in general knowing it might not suit me at all

greggy

Postby ramseames » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:56 pm

for ages 2-5

ramseames

Postby blankinput » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Just picked this up, finally.

Better pic of leather:

blankinput

Postby bels » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:57 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby AmericanPie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:14 pm

AmericanPie

Postby Northwest » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:24 pm

The fiscally obscene teflon coated leather from ACR with a windstopper lining. The only place and time I can imagine wearing this is a major metro area at least two hours after sunset, but that's part of its appeal in some weird way.

SISP Leather Hooded jacket, continuing on Stone Island leather pieces. Would love to try this on just to understand how bonding the leather to cotton would affect the weight of the jacket, but also to be able to turn it inside out and examine the construction.

Northwest

Postby bels » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:05 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Can anyone recommend a jacket like the ToJ moto that never was?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:21 pm

ramseames

Postby bels » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:45 pm

That's a DR. The Moto is like

Also I haven't actually got the money yet and everyone on styfo is like "THIS CANNOT BE" so I'm bricking it. Pray for me CT

bels
Yung Winona

Postby HeavenResign » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:07 pm

oh, the collared moto specifically? that's a tough one. Price range? CCP Scarstitch is my fav collared moto of all time if you can afford it. I sure can't. The particular styling of the ToJ collared moto is definitely very awesome. Shame things went the way they went.

HeavenResign

Postby bels » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:35 am

It's funny, lots of h8rs in the tojthred were always sort of saying "haha, why did you get sucked into this, there's loads of other places you can get THE SAME JACKET for THE SAME PRICE" but when pushed for real design alternatives almost no one can spout them.

There's about 7 hours remaining for ppal to refund my money. They said they would do it within 7 days.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby HeavenResign » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 am

Yeah, the collared moto is honestly probably the hardest toj to replicate at that price point. Probably the same with the quilted bcdr's. There's a lot of good collared moto's out there but as drew said, the design of the ToJ one encapsulates this cool "dad that used to wear RO" kind of jizz that you won't get from slim/tight fitting aero's vanson's etc

Only thing off the top of my head is maybe an aero board racer and you could call Thurston bros to place the order through them and show them the ToJ collar and see if Aero will do anything like that.

HeavenResign

Postby bels » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:04 am

"cool dad" is about all I can hope for these days. :aged:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 am

I got the cash. :sweg:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:48 am

this is the best possible outcome, i think you can do better than that jacket. apart from the scarstitch i find CMs a bit meh. why buy a leather jacket that fits with any kind of -'dad' suffix?

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:51 am

because I'm OLD pirx. OLD

Actually I'm so old that I might end up using the money to redo my toilet. So I guess life is basically over for me. If you see me at a meet do me a mercy and chop my head off.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Bela worry not, TOJ has returned

"Falcon Garms"

U can now take another chance

Cowboy

Postby alby » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 pm

tldr -
- Similar designs
- More sizes
- slightly higher price
- Higher quality
- Faster Turnaround
- Same old workers minus Drew

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby MxmHrpr » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:10 pm

As the prophesy foretold, blessed we are with a chance of redemption...

If the first A2 and MDR I see made-up is solid, I'm going all in.

MxmHrpr

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:38 am

I'm so excited to see an explosion of black/black TOJ 0s in the WAYWTs of the world

schiaparelli

Postby bels » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:58 am

bels
Yung Winona

Previous

Return to Tags