[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Clothes

Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Postby germinal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 pm

:sweg: - everyone should own a leather jacket before they turn 30

will bela's toj arrive before his ovaries dry up??

germinal
Garminlad

Re: Leather Jackets vs The Biological Clock (3rd Round KO)

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Is this a blanket leather jacket discussion thread? That toj wait is ridiculous. At the rate of putting a little money aside in addition to the lead time of ordering and waiting, I don't think I can wait that long for gratification.

Then everything else I think is cool is like 2,000 dollars.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby purkinje » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 pm

regarding that phenomenon double rider on rak city, my mind is telling me no, but my body...

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby hooplah » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:18 pm

i stopped looking for the perfect leather jacket a long time ago when i realized my money saving/handling skills are so egregious i'll probably only ever come close to affording the YKK zipper on one

hooplah

Postby balloons » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 pm

I really dig the design and fit of my lm&c jacket. it's sheepskin, which is pretty soft and pliable (not as soft as lamb but softer than calf). however, does this mean it won't really develop a patina?

I really like how these jackets I found on tumblr aged, but they're probably calf (or stiffer? horse? cowhide? ???). does my jacket have a chance of aging like that or is the leather too supple?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby parastexis » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 pm

parastexis

Postby smiles » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:14 am

Labrat x blackmeans. So nice

Fuck this life

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hmwut » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:45 am

this thread my shit

blackmeans has my personal favorite approach to leather jackets

nothing better than a black double rider though

love my toj, v glad i bought used though. would urge anyone in the market to consider this route.

heres a pic of mine

fits me well except a little short in the back but i think it looks cool, just need to work with it. discovering the joy of an aging leather jacket, i steal glances at it like a forbidden love when i pass by my closet.

would be happy with a jacket collection full of leather jackets subverted some type of way

has anyone shrunk a leather jacket? how did it go

hmwut

Postby Blastoise » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 am

I would love a real leather jacket but only if I can find a used one for around $400, but even then I'll have to plan/save. My faux leather jacket from Uniqlo works well enough for now. No, it isn't as nice as real leather but that doesn't make the material bad by any means. It's a pretty impressive imitation at that though, compared to others. Holding up decently too.

I prefer them as simple as possible.

Blastoise

Postby balloons » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:02 am

, what signs of aging have you seen / what leather type is it?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby bels » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:27 am

Honestly think the toj wait is getting so long that second hand is probably much better decision.

I strongly suspect that by the time mine arrives I'll not want it, then it'll take another year to like it. And then I'll be thirty so have to put it away

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:28 am

i could sell you mine and we would all be winners!

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby prawnzee » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:51 am

got this jacket last august. toj black lamb dr 2.3. bought it from sf classifieds. ate rice and beans for 4 months and lost 5kg of weight. no regrets. I have the same problem as hmwut though, the jacket sometimes fits funny and the back sort of rides up and looks short. this thing is the only thing in my closet that I truly like to look at, and touch. the jacket is by no means perfect, but it's my favorite. I like to wear it whenever I can and with whatever I can. sadly the winter is long so I haven't been able to use it much

before I was into clothes I had the impression that leather jackets, especially perfecto type jackets, are only worn by punk rockers or metal dudes etc. the first time I really noticed myself liking one, was when I saw one of odradek's outfits with his schott jacket. from then on I gradually fell in love and after a year or so of dreaming finally got one

leather is good

prawnzee

Postby maj » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 am

based flock

only type of leather i could see myself getting is a brightly coloured one as it doesn't really look like leather.

maj

Postby chan0 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 am

Been waiting for pleb tier ToJ0 2013 for about seven months now. Asked for an update six weeks ago and they said it'd be another six weeks, still no word though.

Not worth the wait.

chan0

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:49 am

leather jackets are my jam. too bad i can't afford one.

here are some that i like:

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 am

Julius f/w 10 red dimensional rider

Incarnation f/w 12-13 collared jacket

Obscur s/s 11(?) 3 zip

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 am

I must be the only person around that doesn't like any TOJ stuff in the least. That said I do think the mindset of paying a high price and waiting a long time for something is a good and interesting one.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:18 pm

I am not into ToJ because they remind me of Italian tailoring. As in they look to me like the difference between a shirt and a 'tailored' shirt - the latter I'm obviously not a super fan of because I don't think it does anyone justice to look like a squeezed toothpaste tube. Also the really soft leather look reminds me of the kind of thing boybands get styled in to get that 'tough guy monochrome badman' look. It's nothing to do with my views on leather it's just material choice and cut. I love my biker jacket.

Actually, leather jackets are probably the hardest thing to get right in my opinion. I've always been really particular about them.

This is an opinion obviously and I'm not saying they're bad or anything I just couldn't wear one. I do think they look really nice on some people but I'm not sure I could ever say I wouldn't like an outfit more with a substitute.

P.S. I think it's good to wait for stuff but 40 weeks is kind of mad. That could be longer than it's taken to create my brand and put out a collection.

Last edited by Bobbin.Threadbare on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:24 pm

boyband style tough guy monochrome badman is exactly my look.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby chan0 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 pm

What sort of leather you into?

chan0

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:54 pm

None anymore but it would depend what garment it was. My fav vintage jackers are horse hide although I got Katy one which was steer hide and beautiful. Thick, tough leather always did it for me.

I'm going to sell my jackets probably starting with this very old horse hide one which has turned blue with wear.

I own quite a few leather jackets but I'm (annoyingly) at work now and they're past my imgur limit.

I have a leather rider I've had since I was a young teen. It's never failed me (apart from the zip breaking like 10 years ago and I never replaced it). No idea what its made from but its tough as all hell. Hated the cut when I got it but I love it now. I've painted it a few times but I haven't got any pics to hand.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:59 am

Woah I take back what I said about TOJ. Mine just came in. They must have increased production or something. Quality is amazing. Leather is buttery soft. Quick fit pic:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby balloons » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:04 pm

I tried on a horsehide jacket (super old thing from the 60s, according to the SA) and I had very little mobility in my arms

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby anonomous » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:58 am

Wish i bought this :( One of my most favourite DR designs

img is from keithtio.com

anonomous

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:37 pm

Had this biker since I was like 17. Painted it over a few years. Repainted. Its an homage to Lovecraft. Proper tough old cheap biker leather and I don't care about mobility because I don't play much tennis in it.
ImageImage
I know its not everyone's tastes. At least all the studs are out.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:35 am

the Arabic on the white is a saying that reads "he can steal the eyeliner from your eyes" and the large one on the bottom says "shoggoths" which is the name of some Lovecraft monster type things.

Lovecraft loved arabesque so it fitted.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 am

shub niggurath!

can-

Postby iamacyborg » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Current lineup.

iamacyborg

Postby can- » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:45 pm

who's got leather joggers, tees or jerseys? I know someone does. post pix

can-

Next

Return to Tags