[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - stuff you like but aren't cool enough to wear

stuff you like but aren't cool enough to wear

Clothes

stuff you like but aren't cool enough to wear

Postby can- » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 pm

post stuff you like but can't get in your size / out of your budget / doesn't jizz with your wardrobe or personality / etc

can-

Re: stuff you like but aren't cool enough to wear

Postby can- » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 pm

forever lusting for size 14 visvim

can-

Postby RycePooding » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:57 pm

leather jackets, I think

RycePooding

Postby bels » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:59 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:08 pm

I would fuck with Fred perry ocbds, they are made of amazing fabric and I would love to rock the laurel wreathbut who the fuck designed that pocket?

can-

Postby freerangepleats » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:18 pm

can we stop the top button trend? it upsets the jimmies. My grandfather would be ashamed

freerangepleats

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 am

I'm in no way cool enough for the Ann Demeulermeester look (and consequently most of her individual pieces) despite how much it. Myself of 3 years ago would have enjoyed dressing like that but he was destitute and settled for wearing second-hand women's drapey cardigans instead.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:30 pm

http://youtu.be/tEddixS-UoU

how do I embed that

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 pm

want to wear these like on the runway with grey woolly sox

also i want some air max 95s but i'd look like a chav

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Just tell ppl they are birks. Wear with adidas shorts and tall t

can-

Postby germinal » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:20 pm

have you ever worn ripple soles?
i wonder if they feel weird to wear. you wouldn't be able to moonwalk

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Never worn ripple soles but thinking about dying my hush puppies black and putting ripples on a bitch. Nothing's harder than dancing in crepe

can-

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:17 pm

I dance in crepe soles sometimes. Also weren't crepe creepers meant for dancing? Depends on yer moves I guess

Love those dvn sandals but no easy way to wear them

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 am

There is something about these that I find charmingly dorky.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:54 am

Not sure coolness is a prerequisite for wearing them!

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:49 am

i feel like if you just threw them on with a pair of chino shorts and blue ocbd (which is what i wear most days), the way you would most vans, it would be too quirky/nerdy. i just think they are too gimmicky for me to wear, but i'd like to think someone could find a cool way to wear them. maybe they are just too gimmicky in general, though.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby sknss » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:10 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby germinal » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:22 am

that pic was what (re)kindled it, along wiv

and

germinal
Garminlad

Postby sknss » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm

sknss

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 pm

ramseames

Postby sknss » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 pm

lol that's awesome, what are they?

sknss

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:43 pm

ramseames

Postby navin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:37 pm

mainly cause i dont have the cash to buy it or import it

navin

Postby freddy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:10 am

IDK I make sure I am "cool enough" to wear the shit I cop/buy. Sometimes the timing might not be ideal, so I defer that gratification 'til later – as in, I'm not going to be copping some sprezzatura .it tailoring/Cuincelli when it's clearly better suited til I'm in my late 20s/early 30s. Plus, I always explore all possible feels scrutinizing a particular aesthetic/labels, I try not to leave anything to armchair fantasizing. It is my intention to narrow down the designer's vision and my own xyz interpretation, to something executable (wearable) at the end of the day. Though, of course upon doing, you'll find plenty of XYZ reasons of resistance as to why it's probably not really applicable to your respective body/skin tone/ style progression, so it also then immediately subsides the imaginative sartorial lust – allowing you to then re-align more focus toward fashion-shit that I can really make happen. My philosophy is that time is limited; I like what I wear and what what I like, so I figure out what's stopping me from going all the way to then go all the way, or I'll get over it and move my attention forward to something else. No fucks are given to incessantly pondering around as I want to be "cool" right now.

Maybe I'm just fashion soft right now, because I'm pretty happy/settled with my wardrobe and have a pretty good idea of my style progression as I get older/when circumstances align that I'm a lot more relaxed now. If any of you guys know me (lol), my love began with Americana, and I now have enough to rotate two f/w seasons. how2feel fashion again??

freddy

Postby smiles » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:54 am

Am I cool enough for this nasir mazhar hat? Whilst growing my hair out i definitely need some kind of headwear. I've found that curved brim hats look best on me.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:43 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:52 pm

NBHD really did it with this one

ramseames

Postby starfox64 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:26 pm

man, i don't know how anyone in america could wear that.

starfox64

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:02 pm

Does it really read that offensively?

ramseames

Postby starfox64 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 pm

i dunno, like i find cultural appropriation kind of odd. navajo prints and the like always make me a little uneasy. that being said, this seems like the ultimate fetishization of native americans: not just borrowing their patterns and designs, but putting pictures of them on your clothes. would it be different if it were a group of asian farmers in a rice paddy wearing sedge hats? what about a group of african tribesmen hunting with spears? i don't have an answer to this, but i think all of those are pretty odd things to put on a shirt.

but i guess this exists and is pretty cool, so maybe i'm just totally off base:

starfox64

Next

Return to Tags