[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - custom order/group buy

custom order/group buy

Clothes

Re: custom order/group buy

Postby sknss » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 am

Excited to see what everyone makes of their hats!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Shit shit shit I don't wear hats but I totally want this. Am I in time?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby germinal » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:09 pm

all gone

germinal
Garminlad

Postby exprof » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Would be interested to make some sort of care-tags lapel pin, one size fits all and relatively easy to mail across the globe. Anyone who has experience plz chime in ^-^

exprof

Postby balloons » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm

found a but the minimum order is 250 ;/

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby hunnish » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:20 pm

You can never have too much flair!

hunnish

Postby exprof » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:19 pm

I looked around quickly and I've seen a few that will print 50. Just need to come up with a design, but most enamel places are limited to four colours so the raf t-shirt is out :(

exprof

Postby Blastoise » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:37 am

You could use a couple of colors from it like the icon on the tab for the site.

Although I'm assuming it's limited to a certain four colors that they have.

Blastoise

Postby popcorn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:20 am

I'd like to comment again reviving the friendship bracelet idea - maybe even a super tacky ankle bracelet, eh?

Lots of color options, highly collectable, not abrasive to people around you (UNFORTUNATELY), but still very likely someone close to you will read it.

Also, did anyone ever find a quality sweatshirt company willing to do a text print?

popcorn

Postby germinal » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Hats should arrive in about a week. Postage was cheaper than i expected so I included a little extra treat for everyone (smiling)

germinal
Garminlad

Postby CMYK » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:22 pm

So by no means official, but Google has teamed up with Shapeways to launch Made With Code. It's an attempt to get more women into CS degrees, and.... also offers a free 3-D printed bracelet. So while not official "Care Tags" it would be very possible to order one and rep the site IRL.

https://www.madewithcode.com/project/bracelet

Edit: US only I'm afraid.

Last edited by CMYK on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CMYK

Postby purkinje » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 pm

forever lusting after an embroidered ralph-esque Image on a hat or polo or shirt

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby charybdis » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:19 pm

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby charybdis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:44 am

Sorry about posting twice, but I thought about it more and I guess I don't like it because there is no feeling of achievement or understanding something since it's all spoon fed. I barely squeaked through Compsci 101, but I did like the feeling of figuring something out.

It's why I like math, because they teach you the mechanics and then let you test it out for yourself.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Agree w/ about that 'made with code' bracelet. I realize it's aimed at young girls, but it's still part of this pinkifying tech to appeal to women trend that's really infantilizing because, for a lot of women, the primary barrier to entry is hostile environment and not...i dunno...fear of the command line??

WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 pm

yeah is completely right. i started learning about programming through drag-and-drop "coding" (mindstorms, MIT scratch) and so did my sister and the issue wasn't figuring out how to do it for her (she was 3 years younger than me even (although she is smarter)). However once she started looking at career options and what she'd be committing to, i believe that talking to adult women we know in the field actually turned her off much more than interface issues, lol.

I'm sure that anybody that's googled for tech support has ended up digging deeper into a computer's workings than that provides an opportunity to understand and it's not "this is an if-then statement" that's the issue

mc-lunar

Postby exprof » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:02 am

Okayyyy so no one wants to do a lapel pin run of less than 50, so that option is out.
I have however found a place here in montreal that makes little buttons/things... so we can either make:

a) traditional pin button (kinda boring though)
a) a zipper pull
b) a button cover (so you slip it over one of your jacket buttons...
c) a bottle opener keychain thingy

BEST PART IS WE CAN USE THE RAF T-SHIRT LOGO :-D
Just gotta put together an .ai version of it (I can do this but anyone else feel free...)

I've got a little quiz thing running, plz feel free to cast your votes. I'll be ordering 25 of whatever you guys choose.

exprof

Postby maj » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:12 am

the pens are not just for ur hat

maj

Postby maj » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:33 pm

the line is growing...

now introducing CARE FORCE ONES

maj

Postby Yoder » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:54 pm

If I do that to my AF1s and run into one of you irl will you laugh at me??

Yoder

Postby windowflowers » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:02 pm

We could make some

windowflowers

Postby CleanThug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:12 pm

we desperately need some c-t's socks

CleanThug

Postby jrisk » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:58 am

I got one of those google 3D printed bracelets that I think were meant for girl coders

jrisk

Postby g2x222 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:01 pm

this is so sick. what other 3d swag could we make?

g2x222

Postby germinal » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 am

hello i would like to print this onto stickers that we can stick onto our stan smiths and lampposts and so forth

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:29 pm

ImageImage

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Morlin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:41 pm

please help

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby sknss » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:19 pm

What does it say on the back ?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby germinal » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:19 am

Care tags blankets

I was thinking the classic Raf in the top left.
I am 99% sure these are the same as the Bless blankets which are really nice, substantial and good range of colour.
Don't just take my word for it, here's Trisha reviewing her blanket

germinal
Garminlad

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Quantity Discounts start at ordering 20 or more. I'm in. if quantity discount could cancel out the added shipping from one of us sending them out individually after a group order... Gonna have to consider this in what color couch to buy tho.

IsaiahSchafer

PreviousNext

Return to Tags