[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - BLESS -"the meek" -"this house" -"national geographic"

BLESS -"the meek" -"this house" -"national geographic"

Clothes

Re: BLESS -"the meek" -"this house" -"national geographic"

Postby germinal » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:34 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Wow such mouton

can-

Postby odradek » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 pm

we want more, quit holdin' out on us

odradek

Postby smiles » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:00 am

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby smiles » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:20 am

also I managed to inadvertently download a line sheet to Bless shop #19 mexico city. really cool stuff, especially No. 29 Wallscapes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oakw7leor026 ... _light.pdf

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby can- » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:53 pm

baked potato cosplay

can-

Postby rublev » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 pm

I am continuously fascinated by Bless... like more than any other brand. But maybe that's 'cos they're not a brand??? They kind of frustrate me because i don't know what they're trying to do, i don't know what i'm meant to think about 'them' / 'it'???? But that feels like the point... everything feels very open and organic and things reveal themselves to you slowly and you almost have to WORK for it? It's up to you. It feels like a easter egg hunt....

I feel like other brands try to create a theme for their seasons but with Bless it's different... i have no idea what it is though. It's like they've created their own world??? Does this make any sense of am i just rambling? I"m quite new to Bless so maybe everyone goes through this ritual... like a rite of passage in fashion ideas or whatever.

Sknss said on the first page you can book the place as a bnb for 80 euros - does that mean you can stay there? Is that a thing? How would i find more info? Hopefully going to Berlin in Spring if i can convince myself.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby sknss » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Try to email someone from Bless (you can find addresses on their website).I think the person who lived in Bless Home changed since I wrote that so the situation might have changed!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby germinal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:43 pm

FRIDAYING

germinal
Garminlad

Postby sid3000 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 pm

I think a lot of people have the same questions in the beginning, thats part of the charm. At first introduction I thought Bless was so abstract that you want to hammer it down to a simple explanation but not near abstract enough to just brush off as a snobby, niche art you dont need to pursue investigating further. There is the same, if not, larger number of collections and literature available to fully explain any other designer in a nutshell but for one reason or another it doesn't fold up as neatly for Bless, and that's ok. When I first checked out some pieces in person a couple years ago and asked the shop owners about "what bless is about" in conversation they couldn't really do it; they had the same patchy quality of response someone would contrive on the spot if asked what the meaning of life was or what happened to Tupac.

At some point you kind of just come to the conclusion there isn't a concrete answer for why they make everything from clothes to a hairbrush that already has hair attached. You just let it all wash over you and get the satisfaction and joy of being part of it that way.

sid3000

Postby can- » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:48 pm

bless is very fey, very eccentric, maybe a little bit iconoclast? it's always cheeky but never rude. people have a hard time defining it because the scope of their product is so wide, although I get the impression it's much more clothing, and almost collection oriented in the last few years. I consider them first a design firm rather than a fashion label, particularly because they outsource a lot of the actual manufacture process to established brands (per germ, alpha industries, Levi's and smedley amongst others-- pretty sure they have worked with wrangler or lee too)

their aesthetic is very hard to pin down, except that it tends to be quite wide fitting and voluminous. the clothes have a distinct comfiness to them, there's a hint of the 80s, but it's also stuff that very hip grandparents would wear.

can-

Postby odradek » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 am

starfox64 is now no longer c-t's only international superstar asian-cool model: http://www.vogue.co.jp/blog/taco/archives/1733

odradek

Postby Syeknom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:48 am

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:40 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:55 pm

i see some PALS in that video!!

those lambs look like the dumbest animals

can-

Postby bels » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Barely see sknss and germ. Think they're hiding.

Guess they were feeling sheepish.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby exprof » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 pm

you look great, did they dress you in bless while you were there? Is everyone in the room wearing it?

exprof

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Thank you exprof! Desiree and Ines had germ and i come to the shop the day before the Presentation. There they let us try on everything we liked. They took some pictures and asked us what were our favourite outfits. When we arrived for the Presentation, they gave us the outfits they had picked.
Pretty much everyone in the room was wearing Bless, except the visitors (buyers, press people, sheep etc)

sknss

Postby sid3000 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Going to be pretty meta when germ's collection outlines catch up to this year.

sid3000

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 am

BLESS being sold at SuspensionPoint. Really wanting that Dino sweater, but there's no way I could justify it.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby germinal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:19 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Iliam » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:49 am

this thread is brilliant. BLESS's approach to fashion, their process, the way they situate themselves in industry and their approach to economics and retail is so interesting and unique.
this is a great thread and i'm happy i could learn about this - thanks everyone who put things up!

Iliam

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Does Bless really have that large of a following that they can open up all these stores? Or are these basically just pop-up shops that appear and disappear in the blink of an eye?

When you say Bless has other people/companies make their garments, does that mean their quality is the same as the brand it was outsourced to? I don't know much about Bless, though I do remember they did an upcycled scarf with Levi's (and a bunch of other brands).

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby sknss » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:54 pm

How do you mean, open up all these stores? They have two shops, one in Paris and another in Berlin (the Bless home). That Galleries Lafayettes gig was a one time thing.

and yes it's the same quality

sknss

Postby seth83292 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:06 pm

So apparently the berlin store is literally a five minute walk from my house, but it's open one day a week for four hours ???!

seth83292

Postby sknss » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Nah it's open most days, email shop@blessberlin.com (smiling)

sknss

Postby germinal » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:05 am

germinal
Garminlad

PreviousNext

Return to Tags