[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Long Coat Mafia [LCM]

Long Coat Mafia [LCM]

Clothes

Re: Long Coat Mafia [LCM]

Postby can- » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:58 am

Jil

can-

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 am

Yohji

Syeknom

Postby bobo77 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:45 pm

bobo77

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Mentioned the words "waxed cotton" to my mum and she showed me this Barbour waterproof coat we had at the back of the cupboard. It fits me pretty well and she said I could have it if I wanted.

On its own I like it a lot but I'm not sure what to pair it with, outfits don't spring to mind as easily as with wool coats, plus whenever I think of Barbour I think of country gentlemen, which I don't dress like. If anyone has any ideas as far as shirts and trews go that'd be cool.

Might end up wearing this to a festival soon, see if Barbour really is tuffenuff.

I get you with the sneakers thing. This was just what I was wearing at the time so there's not much cohesion but pairing it with sneaks was a consideration.

Last edited by DeafIdiotGod on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeafIdiotGod

Postby Blastoise » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Yohji (thanks to for sending it to me)

Blastoise

Postby oucho » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:22 pm

I would never die if I had that coat

oucho

Postby eyealt » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:40 pm

A few weeks ago I was looking for winter coats and drooling over the coat seen here but obviously it was wayyyy too expensive and just something to look at rather than purchase. Acne had some intriguing coats as well but still, they were pretty $$$. I remembered that in the front closet there was a wool jacket so I went to give it a try on. All herringbone wool with a beautiful and removable flannel liner. I had no idea if it'd fit or not so I popped it on and looked in the mirror. Turns out it fit just how I wanted it to- not fitted with drape and hitting right below the knees. The coat reminds me very much so of the SLP one that I love but, obviously doesn't have the same intricate texture.

Making it even more interesting, my mother told me it used to belong to my grandfather when she was a kid and then she wore it when she was pregnant with me. I think the fact that I now get to wear a jacket that I not only love, but has a history to it is wonderful.

Here's the coat:

Flannel lining

Texture

Unbuttoned

Side

Buttoned

eyealt

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Been wanting this Orley joint for two years now.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby papabear » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:54 am

papabear

Postby yubbermax » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Can I join?

MKI Black jacket

yubbermax

Postby effeffeight » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:18 am

effeffeight

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:31 am

I don't much like our legacy but do like that coat a lot

Syeknom

Postby effeffeight » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:46 am

effeffeight

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:55 am

Both. It's just pretty boring clothes that I find tragically unexciting both in person and in outfits. Which is fine but not for that money. Generally I'm not very keen on these mid-range brands though - they do well and fill a popular spot in the market but don't really appeal to me.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:43 am

OL is going properly weird lately though, at least in the lookbooks. But they still need to shake that "Uniqlo for rich people" jizz which they've unfortunately developed. Not sure if its come from the pieces or the people buying it though? They've always had some fun stuff (normally the stuff that gets slated the most on FUK) which obviously doesn't get picked up by many stores or people.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:51 am

Not doing themselves any favours with the contents of their estore either though, it's all slightly dull button-down shirts for €100-200, zippered jackets, expensive t-shirts that are slightly different from normal t-shirts and unimaginative knitwear. A couple of wacky printed fabrics thrown in and bob's your uncle. It's not like you can hate any of it and there are definitely individually decent pieces but as a brand they just seem so middle-of-the-road and inoffensive.

Take that coat above for instance. It's a nice coat because that fabric is ace but the cut of the coat itself is pretty much what I think of when i think of our legacy. The lapels are low notch (interesting/fun choice that I love) but they haven't gone full-throttle and made them wide or imposing in any way. The lapels are slightly rounded (not enough for that to be a Thing) which also neuters them a bit. Instead of creating an awesome retro style with it (which would be killer with that fabric) they've turned it into a #subtledetail that feels half-baked.

Syeknom

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:15 pm

i get what you're saying about OL and the one piece I own definitely falls into the good fabric/nice piece but not crazy interesting category, but that coat would suck so hard with really wide lapels

ramseames

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 am

I quite enjoy OL's tendency for fairly standard cut clothing with cool fabrics / pretty prints, I'm finding that my preference is to have any visual interest in my outfits be in that form rather than crazy construction and fits. I also see what people are saying with their basic pieces but I see them as a neutral that's needed to balance out their crazier garms in look books and such.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Iliam » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Schneider fw14

Iliam

Postby effeffeight » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:43 pm

effeffeight

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:52 am

Re: Uniqlo for rich people

Surely that could also be said of APC and people don't really slate them for it.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby stappard_ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 am

stappard_

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 am

I lump all of those mid-range nice-but-slightly-pricey-and-slightly-boring-basics brands into the same pile. They're completely 100% fine and do what they do. They have a market.

Let's get back to coats yeah

Syeknom

Postby Morlin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 am

BLURHMS

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby popcorn » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 pm

popcorn

Postby saveed_samir » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:39 am

i thought this was long coat mafia not fuckin coats for midges

saveed_samir

Postby saveed_samir » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:42 am

ima say each one of you that posted one of those short asscoats should post up a sweet long one for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5KmB8Laemg

saveed_samir

Postby spahdfgo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Acnet Garett, really thick, very nice.

Looks like i have a dwarf legs in this pic

spahdfgo

Postby bels » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Garrett is a great length

bels
Yung Winona