[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - All that glisters is not gold

All that glisters is not gold

Clothes

Re: All that glisters is not gold

Postby mellownyellow » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Came across a really cool jewelry brand while browsing shops yesterday - 17 by Stephanie Schneider.

She's a textile and fashion graduate from berlin and mixes textiles like silk and mohair into her jewelry. I was particularly intrigued by a mohair ring, the fuzz peeping out of the chainwork was very cool.

More in spoiler!

mellownyellow

Postby bottlebrush » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:13 am

margiela

bottlebrush

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:39 pm

My VDeux rings came in :D They're a bit loose right now but they should tighten up when my fingers get warmer. Sterling silver made from castings created by 1900 lace.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby blanket » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:37 am

bring this thread back

prototype pierre cardin necklaces

from

blanket

Postby rublev » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Ruoyan Wang

Anna Moison

Typhaine le Monnier

Janina Stübler

Dovile Bernadisiute

Aiza Mahmood

Garam Jung

Veselina Popova

Rachel Lam

Benedikt Fischer

Daria Borovkova

He Jing

Estela Saez

Nhat-Vu Dang

Bless

rublev
Political Editor

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 pm

signet ring my mother gave me a while ago. want one more but i dunno

jhm skull ring

BIGBEE

Postby trasparenti » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Rats signet ring

Fantastic Man bangle

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby titkitten » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:54 pm

i wear very little jewellery because i just can't be bothered (i used to wear like ten bracelets and ten rings every day and it was too much work), but what i do wear i love very much...so i thought i would share!
the ring is hammered silver that my best friend from high school made for me -- she makes all kinds of stuff! i can't brag about her enough. she made it for me because she wanted me to stop wearing a that an ex gave me.

the earrings are from , one of my favourite stores in fake canada (which is also on the same block as blue button so anyone from the area should go look at it). i love how simple they are, especially since i have a fair number of piercings in my ears so i like to keep it clean.

titkitten

Postby Copeland » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 am

Been wanting a bracelet/bangle for a while. Haven't looked at many but this one was kinda interesting, AnnD. But the fit pic looks weird. Is there something similar but that fits more like a cuff/bangle? Any recommended brands/shops/etsy shops? Thanks.

Edit: I think I'm gonna custom order a silver cuff bracelet like this fantastic man one from etsy:

Copeland

Postby Copeland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:46 pm

Turned out better than expected, especially given the price. It's recycled sterling silver made by an AUS shop/maker on Etsy. I used almost the same width as the fantastic man one but slightly bigger and with a wider gap.

Copeland

Postby chadnik » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:55 pm

Lia di Gregorio— I've never seen this before, pearls on the inside of a piece, next to the wearer's skin. It's super sensuous (have you ever run your fingers over pearls?). I also love this because another gripe I have about women's fashion is that garments made with really beautiful, tactile fabrics like silk and velvet are so often completely underwhelming in terms of skinfeel for the wearer—the soft side is facing out for the viewer, and unless the silk (for instance) is sueded or double-faced, the wearer gets nearly nothing. (Maybe I would actually call this jewelry feminist if it weren't thousands of dollars per piece!) The necklace with floating rubies similarly looks like it has the quality of soft thread, that it would be gentle and airy to wear.

There also might be something to the fact that pearls are way more delicate and soft than other gems. I have to imagine that putting them against the skin like that will wear down the nacre, especially on something that has heavy movement like a ring. Maybe this is slyly intentional on the part of di Gregorio, or maybe it just doesn't matter to someone buying a $4,000 ring that they'll have to replace the pearl in 8 years.

chadnik

Postby e0d9n0b5 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:25 pm

heres my stuff
2 tahe cuffs
werkstatt leather thing i dont like & ring
local chain
all silver
the watch is not jewelry so don't look at it

Last edited by sknss on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: img for ants
e0d9n0b5

Postby weqe » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 am

made some box weave chainmail stuff, super fun !

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby Imfake » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Pretty sick stuff. If you got the time, how did you even get started in making jewelry (what stuff you need, where you learn, etc)?

Imfake

Postby weqe » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:53 pm

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Previous

Return to Tags